main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V SOLO: A Star Wars Story (untagged spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Jul 9, 2015.

1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Those are some silly, silly pants. I love them.

2. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Disagree with the more content than any other time bit. Where are all the pc games other than Battlefront 2? The KOTORs, Jedi Knight games, X-Wing games, Rogue Squadron games? These freemium games now aren't the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

3. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I was just reminded that Michael K. Williams was cut from this movie and I got sad again.

4. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Regarding the promo image, which has now popped up on Lego sets...
    ...and now having confirmation of what the Falcon will look like, including the actual Lego model itself, I'm willing to bet money that the loss of that cargo hold/freight container/whatever thing between the Falcon's mandibles is the loss of Jabba's cargo. And Han will never have another proper cargo on that ship for the next 30 years.

Although I'd find it funny if the Falcon isn't changing onscreen and the implication is that Lando's "what have you done to my ship" refers to this pretty heavy modification. Eh, I guess, they could have both if Lando's not seeing the ship after the cargo loss scene. Especially if Jabba's cargo happens at the end of the movie and the final scene will be Mos Eisley, to have the movie match up with Episode 4 just like Rogue One. Which could then be replicated by a Kenobi movie ending with his Krayt dragon howl?

I think I posted in this thread before that the way the story came out, it was implied that the acting coach was meant to bypass the directors and essentially undo their direction for Ehrenreich. Like, they're telling him, "don't play it like Ford", Ehrenreich and the producers say, "eh...?", the directors say "no, really, it's our job to tell you how to say your lines", and then producers and Ehrenreich say "oh, Alden's not feeling at the top of his game, we've got this acting coach that will turn him into a second Harrison". I suppose the directors didn't get the message and the producers eventually put their foot down. Ehrenreich could be a spectecularly bad actor all of a sudden (which I doubt), but the way I understand it, the coach thing was just palace intrigue.

5. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I don't remember seeing this mentioned previously, my apologies if it was. but just to make sure it was mentioned - images have surfaced of Lego packaging that is using this as the key art, so I guess we now have more confirmation that this artwork is legit. Which is good, because I kinda like it.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I dunno about palace intrigue, but my assumption had also been that an acting coach had been brought in to help Ehrenreich create a performance that included elements of Ford while still being his own.

7. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Leaked LEGO set images have confirmed some locations, vehicles, and character names (and spellings), and revealed a few new names:

75209 – Han Solo’s Speeder Minifigures: Han Solo, Qi’Ra, Corellian Hound

75210 – Moloch’s Speeder Minifigures: Moloch, Rebolt, Corellian Hounds(2)

75211 – Imperial TIE Fighter Minifigures: Mimban Stormtrooper, Imperial Pilot, Han Solo (Imperial Disquise), Tobias Beckett (Imperial Disquise)

75212 – Kessel Run Millenium Falcon Minifigures: Qi’Ra, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian, Quay Tolsite, Kessel Operations Droid, DD-BD

75207 – Imperial Patrol Battle Pack Minifigures: Imperial Officer, Death Star Trooper (Female), Stormtroopers (2)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  8. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    CORELLIA

Moloch is a weird name to include, especially just keeping it's Earth spelling. Tells us what kind of guy he's gonna be, though.

9. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    12! 14...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  10. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    MIMBAN

11. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I was surprised by the inclusion of a Death Star Trooper but I bet someone's stealing the kyber crystal from Mimban to use on the Death Star.

Revanfan1 and Dr. Steve Brule like this.
  12. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Whelp, there goes another one of Vader's arms.

13. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I have to imagine he just keeps extra with him at all times, now.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    In his man-purse.

15. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Trailer please?

my kind of scum likes this.
  16. nancipants

nancipants Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 16, 2017
    I have decided that pretty much all I want from this movie/its supplemental material is to canonize Garm bel Iblis.

Vthuil, Revanfan1, PimpBacca and 6 others like this.
  17. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Really excited that we're getting Mimban in a movie! It's the small details like this that make me happy sometimes.

18. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    MercenaryAce and my kind of scum like this.
  19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Wow. That was one rumor I was sure was bogus and ended up being true. After nearly all of the TLJ rumors ended up being trash, this is actually bizarre!

Kessel, Corellia, AND Mimban is going to make this like some sort of EU novel. Insane!

Also: They haven't secretly signed on Ben Mendelsohn for a cameo, have they? Someone tell me when they do that...[face_praying]

20. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Holy crub!! That third one has me freaking hyped now

21. nancipants

nancipants Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 16, 2017
    [face_praying] I would lose my you-know-what if Krennic showed up in this.

22. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    My entire thoughts exactly.

AV-6R7 and BobaMatt like this.
  23. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Gallandro or gtfo

Havac , Vthuil, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  24. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I'm getting more and more excited for this movie!

It would be nice to see how Han met Maz as well.

25. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    LFL/Disney could easily have put the "real" solo trilogy books back into Canon and anyone of them would have made a great movie. Instead we are going to see his leaving the Imperial Navy, how he met Chewy and even the strips on his trousers retconned. Ugh. Guardedly optimistic but Ugh all the same.

Daneira and kalzeth like this.