main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books A/V Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide Hardcover – May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Chris0013, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Damn, the movies numbers are less than Justice Leagues.

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    And that’s relevant to the Guide discussion how?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarthJaceus likes this.
  3. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Pretty sure Han's just lying when he's talking about his dad.

4. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Han never suggests he doesn't know his last name. All he says is "I don't have people. I'm alone". That's like suggesting Palpatine doesn't know his first name in Darth Plagueis; he knows it, but isn't using it at present because he's From Circumstances.

5. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Well the first 'canon' book that stated the R3 brain took a lot of info from the EU that may not necessarily be correct with the new canon according to a LucasFilm disclaimer.

6. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004
    Got it today. Savareen is where it always has been - the same sector as Christophsis and Rodia, meanwhile Vandor is a frontier world on the border of the Expansion Region and the Mid Rim.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Vandor-1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. AV-6R7

AV-6R7 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    Only the Topps cards are calling it Vandor-1. Everything else just calls it Vandor.

9. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I don't see "-1" anywhere near "Vandor" in the book.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

10. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    In Most Wanted he talks about his dad with Qi'ra and how he drank and the two didn't get along. It implied that Han ran away from a bad situation.

11. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Is there any new info on the natives the Imperials were fighting on Mimban in this?

DelRiego likes this.
  12. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Yes, there are a couple of pages about them.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Grievousdude likes this.
  13. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
  14. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    My guide won't arrive until the 5th of June (which is weird, since previous preorders usually took 4-5 days of Amazon shipping after coming out), so here are a few questions:
    are vehicles generally as well covered as in the RO UVG? It was disappointing to know that there's only one cross section, but do the main ones at least get two pages each (see the AT-ACT in the UVG as an example)? Also, any noticeable detail about the AT-DT and the corellian ships?

15. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Lol, I'm pretty sure Han was lying there too! At least that's my interpretation of that scene in the book.

16. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    And in "Star Wars: A New Hope The Princess, the Scoundrel and the Farm Boy" Luke said Han isn't too old than him

17. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Impressive amount of EU material in the guide, making it easy to translate over. (Also, didn't expect as much to be retained from the EU for some crucial points).

The naming of Vandor is explicitly said to be after a literary source, which easily allows multiple Vandors to exist (no repeat of the awful "Anaxes" nonsense, fortunately).

Also, XIM LIVES!

18. AV-6R7

AV-6R7 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    We get a couple pages for the AT-hauler and Han's landspeeder, but not much on some of the other new vehicles. Plenty on the Falcon, though.

Long Snoot likes this.
  19. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Some info on a new TIE fighter, IIRC.

Long Snoot likes this.
  20. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    That's kind of a let down, considering we don't even get a new ICS book for additional informations.
    I recently took a look at the new images posted on the Amazon page and it's a bit disappointing that, for example, we get only two pages to talk about the patrol speeder AND the patrol trooper (the empire's role in law enforcement would have been a pretty interesting topic) while in the RO UVG we got two pages about tank drivers and four about the TX-225. Even the AT-ST got a two page spread, despite appearing for a few seconds in the background and being an already estabilished vehicle.
    Still looking forward to get my hands on the book, anyway.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    AusStig likes this.
  21. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Friend preordered the book for me, but it is still in the mail. [face_waiting]
    And I'm impatient with so much buzz re: Exar Kun, so here's a question. Is there a piece of Exar-chic furniture featured in the Guide? Or does it only come up in The Art of Solo?

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The same item (Vos's desk) is mentioned as having been "plundered from a Sith temple" but the Guide doesn't say which one and who built it.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Tried to find this and the Art of book today in town but Waterstones was sold out. I'll have to do an Amazon UK order next week at some point.

24. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Is there a reason the anthology movies have "guides" and the ST has "visual dictionaries"? I picked up a copy of the Solo guide at the library to browse before I order one, and noticed the dimensions have been changed, as well as the format inside the book.

By the way - no mention of Maul?!

25. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    It would've been a massive spoiler if people got the book before seeing the movie.

JediBatman likes this.