main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer #2

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 8, 2017.

1. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    You will watch the darn thing - You know that! :cool: Now whether you add it to your personal canon is another matter!

I have decided I will separate these films... If I watch them all as part of the same story I hate half of them... They just don't flow like they are from the same galaxy (I feel the same way about The Hobbit and LOTR's films) I mainly watch them in the "era" format...

The PT on it's own is good.
    The OT + RO is magnificent!
    The ST so far is very good. I'll wait on this...

The Solo film will either get added to my OT era collection or just ignored if it's horrid haha. I used to ignore the PT but can tolerate it if I separate it from the OT films...does that make sense??

The trailer can't come soon enough!

dolphin likes this.
  2. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    We all know we’re going to lose our minds once we see Boba Fett in the trailer.

Avnar likes this.
  3. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    True! But would they show him or hide him as much as possible...? [face_thinking] Probably show him knowing the trouble this film has gone through... They will probably go all out with the trailer leaving no stone unturned. They have to.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No matter when it drops I hope it’s soon

Avnar and Mostly Handless like this.
  5. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    They have to show him. Gotta get people excited for this one.

Avnar and Mostly Handless like this.
  6. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Whenever the trailer drops I sorta hope they don't tell us beforehand because that would just make the wait even worse than it is right now.

7. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    I hope he hasn't used Christmas paper by mistake.:p

8. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    You’re probably right.

I hope they don’t throw everything + the kitchen sink into the first one. After multiple trailers and tv spots I feel like I’ve seen all the good parts of a movie. For movies I already plan to see I only watch the first trailer. I might have to avoid even doing that if I sense halfway through that they are showing too much.

Jedi Knight Fett and Avnar like this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Ya star wars has had problems of spoilers being in their trailers.

dolphin likes this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You're welcome. That was my intention when I created this thread. :p

11. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I for one couldn't care less whether Boba Fett appears. It certainly won't make me interested in the movie, because I find that character to be terribly overrated. He was a minor side-character who looked cool and got killed off. That's all that was really needed from him. Everything that followed, apart from Jango Fett, didn't do anything for me. I don't see a need for him in the Solo-movie, and I most definately do not see a need for a Bobe Fett / bounty hunter movie either.

That isn't to say that there aren't people out there who would be interested in such a thing, but I don't think they need that character to create interest in the Solo movie.

Darth-Seldon and my kind of scum like this.
  12. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    :eek:

Legions of Boba Fett fans everywhere disagree!! :boba: But seriously, I love Boba Fett and hope he is in this film...but not at the expense of him losing his own film!

Django Fett likes this.
  13. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Honestly, Fett being in this film would lessen my interest in it a little. I would have more interest in a bounty hunter film featuring Fett, but I personally feel like it would be shoehorning him in for no good reason to just shove him in to Solo. (fwiw, I felt the same about shoving Vader into R1 and they did it anyway and it... worked. Quite well for some. So I could certainly be wrong...)

14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    If Fett does appear I think they’re going to set up a rivalry between him and Solo. I can’t believe I only thought of this last night, but Fett and Solo are exactly the same age. Both 29 at the time of ANH, so Fett, if he does appear, will also be very young in this film.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  15. The Wagonmaster

The Wagonmaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2017
    I could understand why you'd say that (My brother feels the same way) but I think the reason I love him and so many fans love him is what's IMPLIED about him. Both Vader and Jabba seem to have a lot of respect for him. When we first see him, Vader warns him that there are to be "No disintegrations!" as if that's something that he's known for doing. There's that air of mystery around him that was, admittedly, ruined by the prequels, but there's always been the POTENTIAL to tell a great story with him. Mark Hamill himself said that he was disappointed with how they dispatched Boba Fett so casually in Return of the Jedi. "I thought he was going to be Luke's mother, or something!" : )

Oh, and his cartoon in the Holiday Special is the only good thing about that train-wreck.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  16. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It should be nothing more than an extended cameo that both sets up events in the CT and acts as a reintroduction for his own Anthology movie.

AndyLGR likes this.
  17. The Wagonmaster

The Wagonmaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2017
    Yes, Boba Fett is a character that should never be overused. Keep his mystique.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I could not care less if Boba Fett appears to be honest. Jabba is the one I really want to see again.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

20. commander cody

commander cody Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 6, 2014
    The trailer has gotta be coming this week. I have a GOOD feeling about this.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  21. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    How about both!!

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Even with all the CGI versions of Jabba we've had over the years its amazing that they've never been able to best the ROTJ one. Even the TPM one failed, IMO. If Jabba appears I want him to be practical. I have no doubt he would look fantastic.

23. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I'm heading to a remote island in Fiji which has zero wifi, could someone release the trailer in the next 24 hours or if not then hold off for 10 days?

KTHXBAI.

24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A local fisherman will walk up to you while you are snoozing under a palm tree on the beach.
    "Good morning Mister Rocks. Have you seen the new Solo Trailer? It is so beautiful sir."

And then he will hop back into his outrigger canoe, and row away.

25. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Hoping they hold off the trailer till at least mid Feb.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018