main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer #2

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 8, 2017.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Formality the same thing happened with Disney buying Lucasfilm but like I said Its a formality.

have you ever seen the DOJ not approve a deal like this? and why wouldn't they its fair business practice, you got the money to buy something you got the right to buy what you want. Its like the Yankees in the old days other teams fans might have been jealous but the Yankees had every right to do it and still so do they. other small market teams don't like it open your purse strings a little and do some spending you don't think the owner of the Orioles Peter Angelos has the money to spend like the Yankees, of course he does he is a billionaire he just chooses not to and the same is true for other studios.

Disney is just smart in there acquisitions weather its Pixar, The Muppets, or Marvel now you may be correct there in that Disney has to wait for the DOJ to make this thing final which they will this is just a formality like I said but by this weekend it might be to early to put a Star Wars trailer on Fox, but are we entirely sure the DOJ did not approve of the deal already? and if not do we have a date on when that is supposed to happen? I would think soon.

https://www.thewrap.com/disney-fox-merger-anti-trust-doj-department-of-justice-trump-administration/

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    EzraSnoke likes this.
  2. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    So when might the teaser drop?

Do you think maybe Monday 1\8 during halftime of the National Championship game on ESPN?

Mostly Handless likes this.
  3. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
    That's been debunked. Black Panther is getting another trailer on Monday.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

IIRC, didn't the DOJ not approve the AT&T/T-Mobile merger? I know they're not film companies, but still-major corporations, so it's the same ball game...

If I understand it correctly, I believe the reason the DOJ might not allow certain companies to buy out others whenever they want is because of the general effects it would have on both the economy and whatever entire industry is involved, if one company was allowed to monopolize their entire line of business. That "buy what you want cos you can" mentality might work with consumerism and small businesses, but for major, multi-branch, heavily influential corporations there are far more moving parts involved and it would affect much more than the pockets of a certain group of people involved with those businesses.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Guidman likes this.
  5. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    "There is no trailer...the SW fans have been informed that the Han Solo film was destroyed in an advertising disaster."
    "I expect LFL not to rest until they can assure us that Richie Cunningham has not compromised this movie in any way."

6. CloneWarsFan01

Sep 1, 2015
    Now, 4chan is saying it's dropping on Saturday:

MOD EDIT: Removed link to 4Chan.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2018
  7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    To early..

8. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    The MPAA has to approve and rate trailers/teaser. If Solo was releasing a teaser/trailer this weekend we'd have already heard about the MPAA rating it. Since we haven't it's easy to deduce that we ain't getting a teaser/trailer this weekend.

9. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    well if you read the article I posted the reason the ATNT Time warner deal didn't go through was because it involved News Organizations, when news organizations are involved deals usually don't go through. NO News organizations are involved in the Disney 20th Century Fox deal so industry insiders are predicting that the deal will go through.

@Darth_Hydra But did we hear from the MPAA before the Trailer for TLJ I don't remember? Its not like the MPAA has a weekly news letter plus there Is a level of secrecy here with a film like this which might be why we wont here anything. One thing that is a tell tale sign that a Trailer Is coming soon is rumors and Trailer description and we are getting that now.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We do not allow links to 4Chan on this site.

11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I wasn't able to open the link. I'm on my work computer and they restrict certain links, that one must be included.

12. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Trailer may open up with black panther or around super bowl.

13. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Yeah you're right, I forgot how every rumor is always right.

/sarcasm

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  14. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    well no not every rumor is true but in my experience with these Disney star wars movies when you start seeing Rumors about the trailers and trailer descriptions that is when they usually drop soon.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    There have been times when we heard concrete rumors of a trailer dropping before it did and then at least one occasion it dropped completely out of the blue and we only learned about it the day before from official sources. So there's really no telling what will happen this time.

16. CloneWarsFan01

Sep 1, 2015
    No, because, Jordan Maison of CInelinx said the trailer is dropping in January.

17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    well with Disney I wouldn't call it a 50/50 more times then not the rumors turn out true.
    Plus It aint dropping with the Super Bowl The SB is on NBC...

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't think it'll be on the Super Bowl either but it's not impossible. Disney has debuted trailers during the Super Bowl before. Iron Man 3 for example.

19. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Captain America: Civil War, for another. However, I think it's far more likely that we'd see a SuperBowl spot for Avengers: Infinity War than for Solo, although I guess it's possible they could do a spot for both. Either way, there's no way we're leaving January without a trailer for this movie.

20. CloneWarsFan01

Sep 1, 2015
    Agreed.

21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Yea when the SB was on ABC which Is owned by Disney plus someone else owns partial Distribution rights with Marvel I believe, Paramount? I just looked it up Paramount owns CBS.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    No. It was on CBS. ABC hasn't had a Super Bowl since Monday Night Football left the network. And it was in 2013 so past the point where Paramount held any distribution rights.

Guidman likes this.
  23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    And like I said In my last Post Paramount owns partial Distribution rights for Marvel, Paramount owns CBS so that Is why they were able to put a Marvel Trailer on a CBS SB Disney will not put a Solo Trailer in the Super Bowl The Super bowl Is on NBC this year which Is Universal Pictures affiliate.

And I could very well be wrong but I bet you Paramount owns even if just a small percentage a little bit of Distribution rights of Marvel again I could be wrong?

24. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    @Leoluca Randisi
    Last year the Super Bowl was on Fox, Disney had trailers for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Pirates of the Caribbean on it. Universal had a Fate of the Furious trailer too. It doesn't matter what network airs the game, all studios will put trailers on it. No studio is going to argue against having 110 million plus people seeing their trailer, even if it's on a rival network.

Disney can air a Solo trailer this year at the Super Bowl if they want. It doesn't matter at all that it's on NBC. Will they is another question. For TFA, TLJ and RO, they had other movies that were higher priority to market and probably spending $5M on a commercial for a Star Wars movie didn't make sense, when they could drop the trailer later and achieve their desired marketing outcome. With Solo's release date, it's different. I still think the beginning of February is too late for the first trailer but it's not out of the question.

25. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    What your saying Is true but from What we have seen now for three Star Wars films Disney/Lucasfilm Is Reluctant to do that with the SB and Star Wars. Something to consider Disney Doesn't Directly run Marvel and Star Wars they hire someone to do it. Star Wars Is run by Kathleen Kennedy I am not sure who runs Marvel?