main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer #2

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 8, 2017.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

where did you hear the rumor?

2. The Wagonmaster

The Wagonmaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2017
    If Disney wants to be gangsta, they'll drop it in January (Traditionally the dumping ground for bad movies) and be like "Boom! What now?" If that doesn't happen, they're most likely waiting for the Super Bowl. There's no way they'll drop it in Mid-December though.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  3. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Unless the Super Bowl Is on ESPN, ABC, or Disney Acquires the rights to 20th Century FOX Soon and I hear Disney might Acquire the Rights to 20th Century FOX Next week. But unless the super bowl is on a network Disney Owns Its too expensive.

I just looked It up The Super Bowl Is on NBC Which Is owned by Universal They will charge an arm and a leg for a Disney Trailer so count that out. My guess Is either With TLJ or During January or February but definitely not at the super bowl. What about the Oscars? That Is on ABC In either January or February?

My bad I just looked It up Oscars are March 4th which could be a good Time to Drop a trailer 2 months out but Unlikely I am Sticking with either TLJ or Some random date In January or February.

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  5. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I don't suppose the trailer would be attached to the red carpet premiere of TLJ tonight? Would be nice to know if we should expect a Solo teaser next Thursday. (though the closer we get to TLJ without rumors of a teaser, the less I think it will be there...)

6. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I cant imagine us getting the trailer with TLJ. There would have been rumblings about the trailer by now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    As others have said, I want to come out of Last Jedi ranting and raving about The Last Jedi. The Solo stuff can wait a few weeks.

January, February. Give it clear air.

8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

If the Trailer Is with TLJ They wouldn't show it at a red carpet premiere. From hearing people who have been to red carpet premieres of films they don't show trailers at the beginning of the films at the red carpet premieres. If I was Lucasfilm I would put the Trailer post credits...

9. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
    We'lllikely get it as part of the TLJ IMAX fan event on Thursday or during the ESPN Rose Bowl in January like how we got the second trailer for Disney/Pixar's Cars 3 there.

10. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm assuming since people have now seen the Last Jedi in regular showings that there is no Solo teaser attached.

11. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Seen it twice - Nothing.

my kind of scum likes this.
  12. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I pray this trailer is good. Having just seen TLJ, I need something to pull me back in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    My guess is that the Solo trailer will debut in January, when the main hysteria surrounding TLJ is over. After that I think the trailer will be attached to later prints of TLJ.

14. IG_Matey_8

IG_Matey_8 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 10, 2016
    Is this movie really going to come out in May? Isn't it likely it will be moved back to December like the others?

15. CloneWarsFan01

Sep 1, 2015
    No. They're gonna keep it in May. These are the reasons why:

1. Disney needs to have momentum to be the #1 studio of the year for a third time again next year, which is why Disney needs to be #1 all summer with Avengers: Infinity War, Solo: A Star Wars Story, Incredibles 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Christopher Robin (the live-action/CGI Winnie the Pooh movie).

2. Christmas 2018 is already crowded with Sony Animation's Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, WB and DC's Aquaman, Paramount's Bumblebee and, most important of all, Mary Poppins Returns, Disney's Mary Poppins sequel, 55 years in the making that they should make sure it's well-made, that will end their year.

3. Ron Howard is known to get film productions on track on time for their release. So, he'll be able to get it ready for it's May 25th date.

That's why.

Jeremy Conrad, a.k.a. Manabyte, even made a case for that in his article titled "Why Lucasfilm May Not Delay Han Solo" which you can read here: http://manabyte.com/2017/07/lucasfilm-may-not-delay-han-solo/

solo77 and Corellian Blue like this.
  16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
  17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I've seen the Han Solo poster in couple theaters already.. How long till ppl start predicting again the Super bowl for the trailer launch.?

18. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001

I'm surprised that hasn't already started. But I doubt it'll actually happen when Disney/LFL can release a teaser/trailer whenever they want without spending millions of dollars on it.

Guidman likes this.
  19. CloneWarsFan01

Sep 1, 2015
    B3 likes this.
  20. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I'll laugh so hard if it drops tomorrow while the boards are down.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'd love to wake up Christmas morning and see that this trailer was dropped online. I mean, it's a pretty good strategy. It worked for Deadpool Christmas 2015, and Alien: Covenant last year. I just, you know, hope the movie is significantly better than Alien: Covenant.

22. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

this doesn't say Christmas Day It just says a Christmas Present,
    Jeremy Conrad‏Verified account @ManaByte 6h6 hours ago

Jeremy Conrad Retweeted Jordan Maison
    Lucafilm has a Christmas present all wrapped and ready to be opened for Star Wars fans.https://twitter.com/JordanMaison/status/943871211586678784 …
    Jeremy

Jordan Maison‏ @JordanMaison 12h12 hours ago

Jordan Maison Retweeted Jordan Maison
    Actually, probably sooner. Like coming up pretty quick. #Solo #StarWars[​IMG]

23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Any news on a Christmas Solo Trailer? Was there any truth to this?

24. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I guess we won't know till after tomorrow. I hope so. I have a mighty need!

25. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    The only thing that makes me think we aren't getting It tomorrow You would think Ron Howard would give us a heads up on Twitter?