main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Solo (Han Songfic based on "Learn To Be Lonely" from Phantom of the Opera)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jade_saber8000, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade_saber8000

jade_saber8000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2004
    Title: Solo
    Genre: Songfic based on "Learn to Be Lonely" from Phantom of the Opera
    Characters: Han, thank you captain obvious.
    Summary: Han reflects on the loss of Bria....
    Time Period: Around the time Han met Chewie so I suppose between "The Paradise Snare" and "The Hutt Gambit"
    Sorta Legal Disclaimer: No, I don't own Star Wars or Harrison Ford sadly. I own a sock. One sock. The other got lost in the dryer.
    AUTHORS NOTE: Sorry if the formats kinda screwy. Oh yeah, and this is my first official fic so be gentle....
    ~~~~~~

*Child of the Wilderness, born into emptiness, learn to be lonely, learn to find your way through darkness*

All my life it had just been me. Doing my own thing, not realizing how very alone I was. And then came Yleslia and along with it, Bria.
    And suddenly, I wasn't so alone.

*Who will be there for you? Comfort and care for you? Learn to be lonely, learn to be your one companion.*

After we escaped Yleslia, I thought everything might finally come together. But even with new identities, we were fugitives. There was no peace in that life and I knew Bria was taking it harder than I was.
    Though she thought she could hide it, Bria's addiction to spice was ever-present. It seemed that no matter how much I loved her, the part of her controlled by the spice could never be overcome.
    And I was left alone again.

*Never dreamed, that out in the world. There were arms to hold you. You've always known, you're heart was on its own*

When Bria left, I thought nothing could ever be good again. So I joined up with the Imperial Navy. And look what it got me? Nothing but unemployment and more trouble.

*So laugh in your loneliness, child of the wilderness, learn to be lonely. Learn how to love and life that is lived alone*

Then I met Chewie and he filled the void to some extent. But he and I both saw that there were some things that would never be quite healed.

*Learn to be lonely, life can be lived, life can be loved, alone*
    No matter how long Chewie sticks around for, it seems to me that I will always be very alone. Solo. Han Solo.
    End

So? Is it horrible? Be nice ok?

2. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Awww, that was sweet. Great job.

3. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Very nice, jade_saber, especially for a first fic. You've done a great job capturing Han's sense of solitude, and the song fit very well. Nice work! :D

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I loved the use of the song, since it's one of my favorites currently, and you did very well with the flow of thought.

5. jade_saber8000

jade_saber8000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2004
    Fels Goddess:Awww, that was sweet. Great job. Thanks so much!
    Knight_Aragorn:Very nice, jade_saber, especially for a first fic. You've done a great job capturing Han's sense of solitude, and the song fit very well. Nice work! Thank Ya Thank Ya
    Darth Ishtar:I loved the use of the song, since it's one of my favorites currently, and you did very well with the flow of thought. One of my favorites too. Thanks.

~Gabby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.