main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Solo Moments - complete 24. December - prologue, thanks, and more!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Iverna, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    It's over? :( I guess all great stories must come to an end. *sigh*

But I love the prologue-is-the-epilogue. Perfect for the Solos.

[:D]

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    It's over? Darn...

but a nice prologue, there. :)

3. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    Interesting prologue. I suppose I never even noticed that it was meant to be AU. But that just shows how excellent your characterization has been throughout the series =D=

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    But the Dark Side wasn?t some nebulous shadow that would snatch someone while they weren?t looking. The Dark Side was a choice.

There was no safety from choices. The only defences against the Dark Side were good training and a strong moral compass.

I simply love those words. You explain it so simple and yet brilliantly. The Dark Side is indeed a choice.

Due to you I am inspired for my own fanfic "Cat litter" now and my main character Grianán, who is desperate to turn her soul partner Lucien back to the light.

Go raibh míle maith agat! Thanks a million!

It is just a pity that from tomorrow on our house in the Netherlands will be filled with family from the Czech Republic & England. No time to type stuff feverishly on my laptop.

Ah well, I try to write on in the train to Germany on the 27th Dec, when I am to see my own parents.

Anyway, what you did a brilliant job on account for the Solo & Skywalker clan. I like your choices and solutions better than those made in most SW books. You gave them all their humanity & humour back.

The choices that Leia & Han have to make are not easy. You described their feelings so well. @};-

5. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I absolutely loved this, and the prologue was perfect! I agree, I could never ever understand why Han and Leia would voluntarily give up their children. Especially Han, who wanted to give his kids everything he never had; I'd never see him agreeing to this.

Parents do the best they can in raising their children. That is all they can do, and the children will make their own choices upon growing up.

Your story showed the family in a much better light than the pro-fic, where Leia was always the only one who could save the galaxy, where they abandoned their children for those most formative years, and she was always off doing something else besides her family. As for Han, his role was ambiguous at best; it seemed the government merely tolerated him and used him for their own ends. I loved the normal family life you showed, much in contrast to that. Maybe the kids would have turned out better for it if it had been like you illustrate. Jaina wouldn't have had all that resentment of her mom, maybe Jacen wouldn't have been as tempted by the dark side, but would have confided in his family instead and sought their help.

Sorry to see this finished, because we won't be getting any more lovely posts. Still, well done!!

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a fitting prologue for your enjoyable story. Loved all the moments and the beautiful illustrations to go with them=D==D==D=

a master with words and pencils

7. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    =D= Wondering ending, Iverna. Using the prologue as the end worked perfectly. This was a fantastic set. Thank you for sharing it with us.

8. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Oh, YES! That´s the way it should have been! =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

9. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    Improvisation - awww, they are so cute! And I liked the way you've written Luke here...very subtle...Luke post ROTJ is a hard one to write because he becomes rather complex!

Thank you for the book download, very thoughtful to share with us!

Hope you'll keep on writing, I always enjoyed these little stories! Def keep me posted!

@};-

10. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Wow, lots of replies on this one. Okay, here goes:

jade_eyes

Enjoyed the prologue. I know that must've been the hardest thing they ever did sending the kids away.
    I always hated that part of the EU. It never really made sense and I felt really bad for Han and Leia.

Especially in light of future events
    Yeah, who knows how it might have turned out otherwise?

Hazel

Loved this final prologue!
    Glad to hear it!

This was a great series and I'm sorry to see it end.
    Thanks so much! I might pick it up again at some point, if my muse demands it, but for now I'm pursuing other ideas!

Book-Geek

It's over? I guess all great stories must come to an end. *sigh*
    Yeah, afraid so. :(

But I love the prologue-is-the-epilogue. Perfect for the Solos.
    Heh, thank you!

Striker

It's over? Darn...
    Alas, yes! At least for now.

but a nice prologue, there.
    Glad you liked it, thank you!

pinkpearl

Interesting prologue. I suppose I never even noticed that it was meant to be AU. But that just shows how excellent your characterization has been throughout the series
    Well, most of the stories aren't really AU, I guess. At least not explicitly. But then I was compiling them for the book, and I was thinking about how silly it was that they sent the kids away, so I wrote the prologue. To make myself feel better, I guess. *lol* So that's probably why you didn't realise! =D But, thank you!

AzureAngel

I simply love those words. You explain it so simple and yet brilliantly. The Dark Side is indeed a choice.
    I'm glad you agree, thank you!

Due to you I am inspired for my own fanfic "Cat litter" now and my main character Grianán, who is desperate to turn her soul partner Lucien back to the light.
    Go raibh míle maith agat! Thanks a million!

Oh awesome, that's great! Good luck with your writing!

Anyway, what you did a brilliant job on account for the Solo & Skywalker clan. I like your choices and solutions better than those made in most SW books. You gave them all their humanity & humour back.
    That's a great compliment, I'm very happy to hear this. Thanks!

The choices that Leia & Han have to make are not easy. You described their feelings so well.
    No, I think raising Jedi kids includes making some pretty tough decisions... Thank you!

dm1

I absolutely loved this, and the prologue was perfect! I agree, I could never ever understand why Han and Leia would voluntarily give up their children. Especially Han, who wanted to give his kids everything he never had; I'd never see him agreeing to this.
    Me neither! It never made sense to me. Han and Leia both have so many reasons for keeping their kids with them.

Parents do the best they can in raising their children. That is all they can do, and the children will make their own choices upon growing up.
    Agreed. And part of it is trusting them to make the right choices, I think. But you can't develop trust if you send them away.

Your story showed the family in a much better light than the pro-fic, where Leia was always the only one who could save the galaxy, where they abandoned their children for those most formative years, and she was always off doing something else besides her family. As for Han, his role was ambiguous at best; it seemed the government merely tolerated him and used him for their own ends. I loved the normal family life you showed, much in contrast to that. Maybe the kids would have turned out better for it if it had been like you illustrate. Jaina wouldn't have had all that resentment of her mom, maybe Jacen wouldn't have been as tempted by the dark side, but would have confided in his family instead and sought their help.
    I'm really really flattered by this. That's great, seriously. And I agree with you about profic, it really wasn't terribly realistic or considerate when it came to Han and Leia and their family life. I think if they'd handled it better, then the kids

11. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Wow, that PDF is awesome! So polished and professional. I haven't kept up with these as well as I would have liked (and I'm even worse about commenting than I am about reading), but now I'm excited to read them in their shiny PDF format! Thanks so much for sharing it!

I love the prologue, the decision to keep the kids at home seems more like what Han and Leia would (and should) have done. And I like Luke's uncertainty, it's very in-character for him at that time.

Excellent work!

12. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Tarsier

Wow, that PDF is awesome! So polished and professional. I haven't kept up with these as well as I would have liked (and I'm even worse about commenting than I am about reading), but now I'm excited to read them in their shiny PDF format! Thanks so much for sharing it!
    No worries about the commenting, I'm really bad at that myself! Glad you like the PDF, that's awesome.

I love the prologue, the decision to keep the kids at home seems more like what Han and Leia would (and should) have done. And I like Luke's uncertainty, it's very in-character for him at that time.
    I agree, I never understood that decision in canon. Especially the reasoning - Luke had no way of knowing how it would affect the kids either way. Ah well.

Excellent work!
    Thank you!

13. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

THE EVIL CLIFFIE Jedi Master star 2

Jul 11, 2008
    Loved 'em all. Brilliant. [:D]