main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Solo Moments - complete 24. December - prologue, thanks, and more!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Iverna, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    The next installment's finally ready! I owe a huge THANK YOU to Ceillean for letting me borrow Liz, and also for Kyp's cookie addiction. [face_laugh] They both fit into this story perfectly, I think, and it was so much fun to write.

If you want to be added to the PM list, please let me know. And just to say, I've stopped sending PMs to people who haven't read the last one because I don't see the point. I'm not taking anyone off the list unless they request it, but I'll skip you if you've still got an unread update note anyway.

PM list:
    VaderLVR64
    mara_jade_rox
    Fel_Freak228
    dm1
    RK_Striker_JK_5
    THE_PIED_PIPER
    Golden_Jedi
    Idrelle_Miocovani
    alderaanprincess
    EmpressJainaSoloFel
    Weasleby
    The-Solo-Smirk
    PrincessBrookSolo
    jedikatie26
    tahiriveilax
    FelsGoddess
    Sticks
    darkladypurplepencil
    pinkpearl89
    shahid_chestro

More Cookies, More Chaos

(Set in 19 ABY.)

The door opened to the sound of children?s laughter. There was a shrill edge to it, which told Luke that at least one of the kids was hyper and overexcited. Judging by the volume, though, it was all three.

He looked down into the smiling face of Kyp Durron?s girlfriend Eliziya, who stood framed in the doorway. Her dark hair was tied back in a practical bun, a few loose strands falling into and around her face with its delicate features. Her cheeks fairly glowed, and her beautiful, brown eyes shone up at him. ?Master Skywalker! Please come on in.?

Luke smiled back. ?Thank you, Liz.? As he followed her into the apartment, he heard a man?s voice mingling with the kids? excited voices, teasing and admonishing at the same time. Luke thought he made out the word ?cookies?.

The living area was a scene of happy chaos, and seeing it immediately broadened his smile.

Kyp Durron stood by the couch, a laughing Anakin Solo squirming in his arms. The Jedi Knight was mock-glaring down at the boy, hair falling into his face as he growled, ?Did you steal one of my cookies? Hey??

Anakin?s face split in a wide grin. ?No!?

?I did!? Jacen crowed, pulling at Kyp?s shirt from behind. As Kyp lowered Anakin to the ground and turned, Jaina jumped onto the couch behind him and poked a finger into his back.

?No, I did!? she yelled, jumping up and down.

Kyp turned his glower on her. Beside Luke, Eliziya laughed, and Luke found himself joining in. Kyp Durron had faced down Sith Lords, tyrants, and crime lords; that glower had intimidated dozens, if not hundreds, into submission. In ten-year-old Jaina Solo, it just caused a delighted giggle as she stuck out her tongue at him.

The giggle turned into a shriek as he lunged forward and caught her, lifting her off the couch. Then he swung her around to face Luke. ?I?m afraid I have to report at least one case of theft, Master Skywalker.?

?Uncle Luke!? Jaina shouted. ?Kyp?stop tickling m?Kyp is totally out of line!? The last two words were almost lost to giggling as Kyp, straight-faced, doled out tickly justice to the cookie thief.

?Yeah, the way of the Jedi is serenity!? Jacen added, an all-too-familiar glint in his eyes as he tried to poke Kyp in the ribs. ?Serenity!?

Beside him, Liz was shaking with laughter, and it took some effort for Luke to keep a straight face. ?If that?s the case, you don?t seem to be doing such a great job either, guys.?

Anakin had made his way over and looked up at him, blue eyes wide open, totally deadpan. ?We have a bad role model.?

Luke lost the battle with his laughter as it welled up in his throat. When he had his voice back under control, he turned to Liz. ?Have they been like this all day??

?Pretty much.? Liz laughed when he cringed. ?They?re lovely kids. We had a lot of fun.?

Luke reached out to ruffle Anakin?s hair. ?I?m glad. I know three Jedi kids are a challenge.?

?Three?? Liz raised a curved dark eyebrow. ?You mean four, right??

?I heard that!? came Kyp?s voice, slightly muffled because Jaina had somehow clambered onto his shoulders and was now reaching out to Jacen behind him.

Eliziya?s smile was radiant. ?That?s if you round Kyp?s mental age [i

2. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Wow... Liz really has what it takes, doesn't she? Nice handling of the food issue with Anakin!

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Good job with the kids, there. Old and young. ;) Nice job with Anakin, too. Hmm, cookies! C is for cookies!!! :D interesting OC, there.

4. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    ?Did you steal one of my cookies? Hey??

[face_laugh] How cuuute! That's my little nephew in fiction! :D

And I was convinced that I don't like kids...

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?Kyp?stop tickling m?Kyp is totally out of line!?
    [face_laugh] The mental image of a 10 year old saying something is out of line...

?When we get the cookies, can we call Kyp and show him??
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great piece!

6. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Omg, so much to like about this post. I love seeing the Solo kids young and playful. And snarky!!!

I was laughing throughout the entire thing!

And Liz! I love Liz!!!

?Uncle Luke!? Jaina shouted. ?Kyp?stop tickling m?Kyp is totally out of line!? The last two words were almost lost to giggling as Kyp, straight-faced, doled out tickly justice to the cookie thief.

?Yeah, the way of the Jedi is serenity!? Jacen added, an all-too-familiar glint in his eyes as he tried to poke Kyp in the ribs. ?Serenity!?

Beside him, Liz was shaking with laughter, and it took some effort for Luke to keep a straight face. ?If that?s the case, you don?t seem to be doing such a great job either, guys.?

Anakin had made his way over and looked up at him, blue eyes wide open, totally deadpan. ?We have a bad role model.?

Oh Anakin!!! That was just perfect!!! I could so see Jaina saying that too!

Luke reached out to ruffle Anakin?s hair. ?I?m glad. I know three Jedi kids are a challenge.?

?I heard that!? came Kyp?s voice, slightly muffled because Jaina had somehow clambered onto his shoulders and was now reaching out to Jacen behind him.

Eliziya?s smile was radiant. ?That?s if you round Kyp?s mental age up a little, of course,? she said, raising her voice a little.

?Hey!?

SO in character right there! I love this version of Kyp. I wish they characterized more like this in the books. This is the Kyp I know and love!

And Kyp's mental age. So true!

?I liked her,? Jacen said after a while. ?I hope Kyp keeps her around.? He paused, considered what he?d said, and shook his head. ?Or, well, probably I should say that I hope she keeps Kyp around. That?s how it works, right, Uncle Luke??

Luke chuckled on hearing that kind of wisdom from a ten-year-old. ?Yeah, I think you?re right there.?

Oh the wise musing of a ten year old Solo Jedi. He certainly has it right there! Now if Luke would get his butt in gear and just get with Mara...

Hmmm... maybe the kids could help with that too!

I just loved it!

7. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Kyp Durron stood by the couch, a laughing Anakin Solo squirming in his arms. The Jedi Knight was mock-glaring down at the boy, hair falling into his face as he growled, ?Did you steal one of my cookies? Hey??

It's so funny -- big bad Jedi Knight looking for his stolen cookies! [face_laugh]

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] I think this is my favorite line in the story. And this from a ten year old! [face_laugh]

[face_laugh][face_laugh] I love Liz. :p

Eliziya?s smile was radiant. ?That?s if you round Kyp?s mental age up a little, of course,? she said, raising her voice a little.

?Hey!?

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

This was really really nice, Iverna! And I loved how Liz dealt with the rice situation. I need to remember that for my daughter. [face_laugh]

And now I'm going to go back and read what else the Solo kids have cooked up.

=D=[:D]

8. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Yeah, Liz is very good with kids. People in general, really. It makes her an awesome foil to Kyp, whose people skills... well. :p

Haha, thanks! They are fun to write. And hey, it's not just the Dark Side that has cookies after all... Kyp Durron does, too! [face_laugh] The OC is Ceillean's; if you haven't, I really really recommend that you read her stories about Kyp and Liz!!

I know, right? But I think it's totally something Jaina would do. [face_laugh]

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

9. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    They started early... :p Glad you like it though!

Me too! She's awesome. She was the perfect addition for this story.

Yep... always blame the others, preferably the grownups. I love writing the kids like this, it's so much fun!

I love Kyp when he's like this as well. It's part of why I like fanfic so much... it often does a better job with Kyp than profic does, at least these days. Heh, he's a big kid, but we love him for it, right? [face_love]

Yep, Jacen's got a head start on the path to wisdom... or something! This is actually set at around the time Luke gets with Mara, so all he has to do is keep this in mind now. He managed without the kids in the end, after all. Took him a while, but that seems to be a family tradition. [face_laugh]

10. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Yes, Kyp + cookies = hilarity. It's brilliant. [face_laugh]

Well, she's a clever ten-year-old! *grins*

Me too! And I'm really happy that I seem to have done her justice, at least mostly!

Liz's strategy was inspired by my grandparents, actually... they did this with my little brother to make him eat potatoes. The only time he'd eat potatoes was when we had dinner at my grandparents', because he had so much fun trying to eat all the potatoes on my granddad that he forgot that he wasn't supposed like them. [face_laugh] It seemed like the kind of thing that Liz would come up with, and of course Kyp is the perfect partner-in-crime for that one, hehe. I'm glad you enjoyed this!

Thanks for reading, everyone! [:D]

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely moments in the lives of the kids. Chaos yes;)

12. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    OMG! They're all so fantastic! You have such a wonderful way of bringing them to life, and filling in all the lovely family goodness that we all want to see.

Wonderful. Thanks so much for writing these - they're needed.

13. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    And lots of it! But that's why we love 'em. :D

I'm really happy to hear that! I really enjoy writing them, and I agree that they're needed. I wish we got more of this kind of thing in canon. But hey, fanfic's the second-best thing. Thank you! [face_love]

14. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    COOKIES! I WANT COOKIES!

This was adorable, Iverna. [face_love] Brought a great big smile to my face! :D

15. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Haha, maybe you can fight Kyp and the kids for the cookies? Good luck. *lol* Come to the Dark Side... [face_mischief]

Yay! Glad you enjoyed it! [:D]

16. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    Awesome so far!

17. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Great to hear, thank you! [:D]

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I just wanted to say that I really love these Moments.

:D =D=

19. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    And I'm very glad! Thank you! [:D]

20. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    I'm supposed to be working on a different story, but the muse kept poking me, so I wrote this. Han gets to deal with a situation that I think most parents encounter at some stage...

PM list

VaderLVR64
    mara_jade_rox
    Fel_Freak228
    dm1
    RK_Striker_JK_5
    THE_PIED_PIPER
    Golden_Jedi
    Idrelle_Miocovani
    alderaanprincess
    EmpressJainaSoloFel
    Weasleby
    The-Solo-Smirk
    PrincessBrookSolo
    jedikatie26
    tahiriveilax
    FelsGoddess
    Sticks
    darkladypurplepencil
    pinkpearl89
    shahid_chestro

If you want to be added or taken off, let me know!

[b][u]Scruffy-looking Scoundrels[/u][/b]

[i](Set in 14 ABY.)[/i]

The living area was bathed in the sunshine slanting through the windows, the caf was hot and fragrant, the kids were quiet, and life was pretty much perfect. Han Solo sat in his favourite armchair, sipped from his mug, and reached for another one of the pastries that Lando had brought with him.

Lando himself was sitting across from him, on his second cup of caf already. ?I?m a bit at loose ends at the moment,? he was saying. ?But I kind of like it. A bit of a break from the big responsibility stuff, you know??

?You mean a break from being respectable,? Han said, grinning.

Lando flashed a bright smile in return. ?A man?s got to play scoundrel occasionally. You should know.?

Han gave him a look that was all innocence. ?I don?t know what you?re talking about.?

At the other end of the couch she was sharing with Lando, Leia laughed. ?I do.? Her brown eyes gleamed at Han, and he felt a grin tug at the corner of his mouth in response. With her hair caught in a messy bun and her face free of make-up, Leia looked more relaxed these days than he?d seen her in a long time. Ever since she?d managed to organise things so that she could work at least partially from home, she was happier than she?d ever been since she?d become Chief of State.

And so, in fact, was Han. Time with his wife had always been a rarity, and probably always would be, so he treasured it all the more.

Leia turned just then, towards the door which led to a little hallway and the children?s room, and Han followed her gaze to see Anakin walking towards them. The boy did a little hop when his eyes connected with Leia?s, and all but bounced over and onto her lap, reaching out a demanding little hand for a pastry. Chuckling, Han leaned forward to break one in half and hand his son a piece.

?Lando brought these,? Leia told the boy. Ice blue eyes, always startling in their intensity, flicked briefly to Lando, but other than that, Anakin didn?t seem very interested in that information. He certainly didn?t seem to interpret it as a prompt to say thank you.

Lando watched Anakin take another bite and grinned. ?Is it nice??

Anakin only nodded, mouth full of pastry. At three years of age, he could talk reasonably well, but where the twins had begun chattering the moment they?d figured out how, Anakin didn?t seem very interested in talking. Luke had joked that it was because the twins never gave him the chance to get a word in edgewise, which wasn?t [i]quite[/i] true, although he did have a point.

?Still not much of a talker, are you?? Lando asked now, and Anakin shrugged and shook his head in a very un-toddler-like gesture.

Han chuckled. ?He?s the quiet mastermind type,? he said, and winked at his youngest, getting a pastry-smeared smile in return.

But his own choice of words came back to him and made him aware of something that had been growing at the back of his mind. It [i]was[/i] rather quiet, come to think of it.

[i]Quiet mastermind.[/i]

His eyes flicked to Leia and met hers, in an almost identical expression of sudden realisation. ?They [i]are[/i] being very quiet,? he said, and she nodded.

Lando furrowed his brow. ?The twins? Isn?t that good??

And that, Han thought, was probably why Anakin had wandered in to join the adults. Bailing out before trouble hit, in his quietly casual way.

Leia still had the boy on her lap, so Han got to his feet. ?Not when they?re this quiet. Hold on. I?ll be right back.?

He strode towards the children?s room. He almost called

21. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    absolutely adorable :D

lol, I remember my parents' reaction when I cut my hair at that age...

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I was actually kinda like Anakin at that age. I even had to go to speech therapy. LOL at the kids giving themselves a makeover. Bad enough just regular, but at that kind of event? Yikes!

And I can see Leia not liking all that makeup and stuff. She probably preferred target practice. :p Great post!

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was so adorable. @};-

Anakin is so cute and the twins playing styling - that reminds me of when I was little and liked to dress up and wear my mom's makeup. That was fun! [face_laugh]

Delightful story!

24. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Aww. These momenta are so cute. I've been reading for awhile and I don't think I've ever left a reply (though I could be wrong).

I just love little Anakin Solo. I relate to him completely. My older sister was always blabbering about something, or getting into trouble so I turned out to be the quiet one.

Great job. =D=

25. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Aww. These momenta are so cute. I've been reading for awhile and I don't think I've ever left a reply (though I could be wrong).

I just love little Anakin Solo. I relate to him completely. My older sister was always blabbering about something, or getting into trouble so I turned out to be the quiet one.

Great job. =D=