main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Solo Moments - complete 24. December - prologue, thanks, and more!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Iverna, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    These are all great! :D

Always looking forward to more.

2. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Bailing out before trouble hit, in his quietly casual way.
    Smart kid. :p

He almost called their names, but if they didn?t sense him coming, he had the chance to catch them in whatever they were doing, which was altogether too tempting an opportunity to spoil deliberately.

Ah the joys of parenthood.

Han had out-stubborned Sith Lords and bounty hunters and Leia Organa
    [face_laugh] And Leia had to be the worst.

Talk about a conversation piece!

Great piece!

3. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    I wonder how you come up with these excellent parenting techniques - let them walk around like this in public and we can be sure they'll never pull a stunt like that again! [face_laugh] It does fit to what one would think of as "parenting for scoundrels" LOL!

4. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Ohhhh, I have lots of comments and never replied... whoops. This must be rectified immediately!

pinkpearl89

absolutely adorable

lol, I remember my parents' reaction when I cut my hair at that age...

Heh, so you can empathise with the twins, I guess! ;) Thanks!

Striker

I was actually kinda like Anakin at that age. I even had to go to speech therapy.
    I don't think it was that bad with Anakin, but it's noticeable in all the books where he features as a kid, he talks like someone far younger. But I guess he's just a quiet guy...

LOL at the kids giving themselves a makeover. Bad enough just regular, but at that kind of event? Yikes!
    Yeah, poor Leia... *lol*

And I can see Leia not liking all that makeup and stuff. She probably preferred target practice. Great post!
    She might well have. I think she mentions it at some point, that she used to fight her aunts over it... But I don't remember exactly. Still, it seemed to fit, so hey. Thanks!

Hazel

That was so adorable.

Anakin is so cute and the twins playing styling - that reminds me of when I was little and liked to dress up and wear my mom's makeup. That was fun!

My mother never wore make-up, but I remember one time I got my hands on a sample lipstick... yeah, not such brilliant results. *lol* It was fun to write the twins here... it's totally something they would have done, I think!

Delightful story!
    Thank you! [:D]

Briannakin

Aww. These momenta are so cute. I've been reading for awhile and I don't think I've ever left a reply (though I could be wrong).
    Glad to hear it! I don't recall a reply from you but this has been going for a good while now, so don't quote me on that. But it doesn't really matter; if you're enjoying them then all is well! ;)

I just love little Anakin Solo. I relate to him completely. My older sister was always blabbering about something, or getting into trouble so I turned out to be the quiet one.
    Haha, really? That's pretty cool. It actually matches the Solo kids pretty well, doesn't it? *lol*

Great job.
    Thank you kindly! [:D]

Tarsier

These are all great!

Always looking forward to more.

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying them! @};-

FelsGoddess

Smart kid.
    That's our Anakin!

Ah the joys of parenthood.
    And to Jedi kids, no less! :p

And Leia had to be the worst.
    You'd have to ask Han, but I'd tend to agree with you... [face_laugh]

Talk about a conversation piece!
    Well, it might liven up an otherwise boring evening... *lol*

Great piece!
    Thank you! [:D]

The-Solo-Smirk

I wonder how you come up with these excellent parenting techniques - let them walk around like this in public and we can be sure they'll never pull a stunt like that again! It does fit to what one would think of as "parenting for scoundrels" LOL!
    Most of the time I honestly just ask myself what I'd do... or what my mother might've done. I guess if I ever have kids I'll be a scoundrel parent as well. [face_laugh] But you're right. They could write a how-to book or something. *lol*

Thanks for reading once again, everyone! [:D]

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Okay, I am very interested, but I better start reading from the beginning until now!

:D

6. haleyskywalker2

haleyskywalker2 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 25, 2010
    Okay well so far I have gotten to finish with the Solo kids and Mara.
    Cute and Funny!!!

I will continue reading onward.
    :D

7. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Azure

Okay, I am very interested, but I better start reading from the beginning until now!
    Thank you, and I hope you enjoy!

haleyskywalker

Okay well so far I have gotten to finish with the Solo kids and Mara.
    Cute and Funny!!!

Hey, you found it! Great to see you here. And thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I will continue reading onward.
    Yay, have fun!

[:D]

8. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    I've been working on some illustrations for these stories; I'll probably add them into this thread eventually, but in the meantime, the first few are up in my art thread. I'm also working on a cover, but that's taking a while longer.

And of course, new story. Jaina feels more than a bit out of place at a diplomatic function, but she wouldn't be Jaina Solo if she didn't find a solution...

PM list

VaderLVR64
    mara_jade_rox
    Fel_Freak228
    dm1
    RK_Striker_JK_5
    THE_PIED_PIPER
    Golden_Jedi
    Idrelle_Miocovani
    alderaanprincess
    EmpressJainaSoloFel
    Weasleby
    The-Solo-Smirk
    PrincessBrookSolo
    jedikatie26
    tahiriveilax
    FelsGoddess
    Sticks
    darkladypurplepencil
    pinkpearl89
    shahid_chestro
    AzureAngel2

As always, if you want to be added or subtracted, tell me!

[u][b]Aggressive Negotiations[/b][/u]

[i](Set in 17 ABY.)[/i]

The best part of the skyhook was the sprawling park adjoining the diplomatic compound. The best part of the diplomatic reception was that the children had the run of most of it, albeit mostly in view of their parents and under the careful supervision of several nannies. And Chewbacca, who had set up in one of the vine trees and seemed like he was enjoying himself.

The worst part of all of it was the other girls.

Jaina Solo fought to keep from scuffing her shoes over the ground and shoved her hands deeper into her pockets. Her [i]pants[/i] pockets ? which was one of her current problems.

It wasn?t that she wanted to wear a dress. She had chosen her clothes herself, a pants-and-tunic combination that she thought was fancy enough while still being comfortable. Her mother had smiled when she?d asked her to braid her hair in an Alderaanian style, and her father had hugged her to his side and called her his little princess.

And now Jaina stood here, with her Alderaanian braid and fancy clothes, and wanted nothing more than to rip the whole lot off and hide in her room.

?I like your shoes, Jaina,? Lianni said now. Jaina looked up at her. Lianni was half a year older than Jaina and the undisputed leader of the small group of girls her age. She wore a dress that Jaina knew had to be the height of fashion, her black hair was unbound and curled around her shoulders, and she was smiling.

The other girl, Devitha, giggled at her words, and Jaina knew that she hadn?t meant a word of it. Somehow, Lianni could say the nicest things and mean them as an insult. And there was nothing Jaina could do about it.

?Thanks,? she mumbled, and because she knew her manners, added, ?I like yours, too.?

?They?re nice, aren?t they?? Lianni lifted a delicate foot to show off her gleaming silver shoes. ?They?re Verina Doliotte. My mother had them ordered special. What are yours? I don?t think I?m familiar with the designer.?

Jaina hadn?t even known that people designed shoes until she?d met Lianni. She had picked hers out, but she had no idea who had made them. She?d liked the colour ? dark red and purple ? and they were comfortable. She fervently wished that Leia were here to answer for her.

?My Mom bought them,? she said instead, hoping that Lianni wouldn?t criticise her mother?s taste. She seemed to admire Princess Leia of Alderaan. She had spent ages talking to her earlier, smiling in that sweet way of hers, and Leia had complimented her dress and her hair while Jaina stood nearby and tried not to think about it too much. Maybe she wasn?t the perfect daughter for a princess, but her Mom was proud of her. She knew that. Leia had [i]said[/i] so.

Still, she suddenly couldn?t shake the thought that maybe it?d be better if she were more like Lianni. It was a horrible thought, but it refused to go away.

?Oh,? Lianni said. ?[i]My [/i]mother has let me pick out my clothes for years. But then, I suppose, I have very good taste.?

Jaina glared at her. ?I?ve got taste.?

?Never said you didn?t,? Lianni said, smooth as silk. ?We can all see that you do.?

For some reason, they found that hilarious. Jaina balled her fists and looked around, trying to find a reason to e

9. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    Hilarious [face_laugh]

And I wish I had Jaina's guts to beat up all the little Lianna's I grew up with--that was awesome[face_laugh]=D=

10. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Wow! Nicely done, on so many levels!

There are girls like that everywhere, saccharine sweet with venom beneath their pretty words and pretty clothes. Jaina really tried hard to control the situation, but some people just don't catch the hint. Loved Jaina's apology at the end. Right back at Lianna!

Yes, Han is a diplomat with his children, but I wonder whether he or they will fall asleep first?

11. mara_jade_rox

mara_jade_rox Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2007
    Excellent addition. I enjoyed seeing Jaina in actions, hehe.

MJR[face_dancing]

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    LOL!

Very good and very true to the children?s characters.

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Awesome. :D Jaina tried her best dealing with Lianna, there. I'd have blown my top, too. Nice to see them with kids their own age as well.

14. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Oh man, Jacen is such a charmer and Jaina's a hoss. What a great update. :D

15. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Again, wonderful.

Oh Jaina. That was me, so often. The girl who preferred to run around and climb trees with the boys, instead of giggle with the girls.

Really well done. They're all so real.

PM, please? (I can't believe I didn't ask last time!)

16. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    She couldn?t believe how easily Jacen had convinced Lianni to leave them alone. And he hadn?t even offended her in any way. She had smiled at him in return. Jaina knew perfectly well that Jacen had only been copying their father, but still, she couldn?t believe that it had worked so well. It wouldn?t have worked on her, that was for sure.
    [face_laugh]

And everyone knows your Mom is the expert at that kind of thing.
    Not that Han would know about THAT. :p

Adorable!

17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Hilarious and so true.=D==D=

18. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    [face_laugh] Wonderful!

19. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Chewbacca chuffed softly beside her as they watched Han and his kids take off down the path towards the apartment. Leia smiled up at him. ?I know. It was a good save. He?s not nearly as bad at diplomacy as he likes to pretend.?

Chewbacca growled speculatively as the racers disappeared from view.

Leia chuckled. ?Of course he?s going to lose.?

I love your nice descriptions of family moments so much.

20. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    Aww - such a cute post! [face_blush]

I had to smile when little Jaina said that everyone thinks she takes after her dad!

More soon, please!

21. haleyskywalker2

Sep 25, 2010
    Yeah you go Jaina!!

welp decided to read the latest post.. now back to page 3... Man I need to read fast :p

Put me on you PM list :)
    thanks.

22. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    pinkpearl89

Hilarious

And I wish I had Jaina's guts to beat up all the little Lianna's I grew up with--that was awesome

Oh yeah, me too! Although I actually did it once or twice. *lol* Thanks!

dm1

Wow! Nicely done, on so many levels!
    Thank you!

There are girls like that everywhere, saccharine sweet with venom beneath their pretty words and pretty clothes. Jaina really tried hard to control the situation, but some people just don't catch the hint. Loved Jaina's apology at the end. Right back at Lianna!
    Yeah... drawing on my own experience for this one, definitely. *lol* But at least Jaina always has Jacen to help her, and she's hardly defenseless herself.

Yes, Han is a diplomat with his children, but I wonder whether he or they will fall asleep first?
    Good question!! It really isn't quite clear who's tiring who out, is it? *lol*

mara_jade_rox

Excellent addition. I enjoyed seeing Jaina in actions, hehe.
    I loved writing her! I'm glad you liked it. Jaina in action is always fun times!

Hazel

LOL!

Very good and very true to the children?s characters.

That's great to hear! Thank you very much.

Striker

Awesome. Jaina tried her best dealing with Lianna, there. I'd have blown my top, too. Nice to see them with kids their own age as well.
    Oh, yeah, me too! I enjoyed putting the kids together with others for a change. It's a lot of fun to explore how they deal with these situations - I mean, the Academy can't have been the first time when they met other kids and made friends with them!

Sticks

Oh man, Jacen is such a charmer and Jaina's a hoss. What a great update.
    Absolutely! I love writing them like this. Jacen's charm doesn't get nearly enough attention in canon. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Katana

Again, wonderful.
    Thank you!

Oh Jaina. That was me, so often. The girl who preferred to run around and climb trees with the boys, instead of giggle with the girls.
    Oh, absolutely, me too. High five! *lol*

Really well done. They're all so real.
    That's a hell of a compliment, thank you!!

PM, please? (I can't believe I didn't ask last time!)
    Absolutely, you're on the list!

Fels

Not that Han would know about THAT.
    No, of course not... how could he possibly? *lol*

Adorable!
    Yay, thanks!

earlybird

Hilarious and so true.
    Thank you!!

Golden_Jedi

Wonderful!
    Thank you!

Azure

I love your nice descriptions of family moments so much.
    That's great to hear, I'm glad!

The-Solo-Smirk

Aww - such a cute post!
    Yay, I'm glad!

I had to smile when little Jaina said that everyone thinks she takes after her dad!
    Well, it's true - but there's a LOT of Leia in there as well. But people don't seem to notice it so much.

More soon, please!
    More will be up in a few minutes!

Haley

Yeah you go Jaina!!
    Yeah, go Jaina! *cheers*

welp decided to read the latest post.. now back to page 3... Man I need to read fast :p
    Haha, am I writing these too fast? Got another coming very very soon now... *lol*

Put me on you PM list
    thanks.

Added you, welcome aboard!

Thanks for reading, everyone! New post will be up in just a few. [face_peace]

23. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    DRL reared its head - first I spent a week with a migraine, and then other stuff happened and blah, but I'm back now. And first of all, this fic now finally has a cover! Check it out:

[image=http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae198/ivernasolo/Solo-Moments-cover.png]

Aaaand a new story. I was reading Vision of the Future, and there's a part where Han and Leia are attacked and think they're going to crash on Pakrik Minor, and Leia reaches out to her kids to tell them goodbye. It's never followed up, but I thought, with the kids being so strong in the Force - what if they felt it? So this story was born. The kids are on Kashyyyk with Chewie, playing, but everything isn't quite right...

PM list
    VaderLVR64
    mara_jade_rox
    Fel_Freak228
    dm1
    RK_Striker_JK_5
    THE_PIED_PIPER
    Golden_Jedi
    Idrelle_Miocovani
    alderaanprincess
    EmpressJainaSoloFel
    Weasleby
    The-Solo-Smirk
    PrincessBrookSolo
    jedikatie26
    tahiriveilax
    FelsGoddess
    Sticks
    darkladypurplepencil
    pinkpearl89
    shahid_chestro
    AzureAngel2
    Katana_Sundancer
    haleyskywalker

I've taken some people off it because the last few messages are still unread and I can't send unlimited unread messages. If you want to be put back on, just let me know!

[b][u]Reaching Out[/u][/b]

[i](Set in 19 ABY.)[/i]

?I don't wanna be it!?

The sullen tone of Anakin Solo?s voice was a perfect match for his expression. Sitting on the ground with his arms crossed, he glared off into the forest.

Jacen leaned back against the walkway?s railing, hands in his pockets, and sighed. Ever since Chewie had told them that they?d be staying on Kashyyyk for another while, Anakin had been contrary. Jacen couldn?t even entirely blame him. He missed his parents, too.

But the whole galaxy was in some kind of stir over what that Devaronian guy had found on Wayland, and his parents had to help sort it out. As usual. They didn?t like it anymore than Anakin or the twins did, but they had to do it anyway.

Jacen knew that. It was just hard to remember it sometimes.

Crouched next to Anakin, Sirra insisted that it was his turn, and Anakin?s expression grew even more sullen.

?Don?t [i]wanna[/i],? he said.

?Well, don?t play, then,? Jaina snapped. She pushed to her feet and tugged at Waroo?s shoulder. ?Come on. Just leave him.?

?But I want to play!? Anakin wailed.

Jacen sighed and [i]reached[/i] for Jaina before she could retort. Anakin already felt abandoned. They couldn?t leave him alone right now.

Jaina sent a little glare at Jacen, but she bit down on whatever she?d been about to say. ?You could be nicer about it,? she said instead. ?It?s the rules, you know. We take turns.?

?Don?t wanna be it,? Anakin said quietly, and suddenly Jacen understood. It wasn?t the usual reluctance to play by the rules, after all. Anakin just didn?t want to stay on the walkway on his own while everyone else ran off to hide.

Waroo barked a suggestion: he would take Anakin?s turn.

?But it was just yours,? Jaina said.

Waroo shrugged a furry shoulder, assuring her that he didn?t mind. Older than the others by several years, he and his cousin Lowbacca often mediated disputes like this. Jaina didn?t like it; her sense of fairness demanded that everyone do their own share. Jacen wasn?t so sure. Maybe on the face of it, it wasn?t entirely fair. But he knew that Waroo honestly didn?t mind helping Anakin out. And Anakin looked up at the Wookiee with a smile breaking through the sullenness on his face, and got up to hug him. Waroo chuffed softly and ruffled Anakin?s hair, leaving it almost as messy as Jacen?s usually was.

Crisis averted. Jacen let out a breath and grinned at the others. ?Well, then. Let?s keep going!?

It was hard to play hide-and-seek with Wookiees. The kids were allowed to play around Chewbacca?s house, and on the walkway that led down to Lowie and Sirra?s house, and around there as well. But the others spent far more time around here than Jacen and his siblings, and they were also far better at climbing and blending in with their surroundings. The only reason why it was in any way balanced was that Jacen, J

24. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    LOL! [face_laugh] Poor Mara might never live that down!

Very sweet viggie.

25. haleyskywalker2

Sep 25, 2010
    ?But aren?t they bad guys?? Jaina asked. ?And don?t tell me they?re all like Baron Fel now.?

Bahaahahahahahaha!

Leia laughed, just as Jacen knew Jaina had intended. ?Everyone needs rescuing once in a while, sweetie. But everything is fine now. We?re going to meet them next week.?

Yep, Leia you should know. :)

?Mara Jade?? Jaina gave her mother an incredulous look. ?Really? Uncle Luke had to actually rescue Mara Jade from something??

Like Book-Geeksaid: Mara might not ever live it down!

Great chapter and I love the cover for the story!