main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Solo Progeny 1: Freak on a Leash

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valley_Lord, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    Author: Valley_Lord
    Title: Freak on a Leash
    Timeframe: Traitor
    Keywords: J/TK
    Summary: Jacen endures torture and retaliates
    Notes: part of the Korn songfic series by Valley_Lord

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freak On A Leash

Jacen hangs in the embrace of pain. The device was stripping away his sanity, killing his soul.

Something takes a part of me.
    Something lost and never seen.

Vergere had let him out, he had mastered pain, and the creature was now wasted effort on him. He thought he had escaped the torture. He stopped thinking that when she impaled him with the bone-hook, implanting the seed that begins to control his body, that begins to steal his body.

Every time I start to believe,
    Something's raped and taken from me... from me.

After weeks of effort he could overcome the Dhuryam?s commands. He hated that creature, Why was it doing this to him? He was without the force. He tried to reach for it night and day. A futile gesture. His friends and family knew him to be dead, and that hurt worse than anything else, and he couldn?t escape that kind of pain. Tenel Ka thought he was dead, and he knew she carried his child. She hadn?t told him, but Jacen had sensed his aunt?s pregnancy only 6 weeks in, and that was when he wasn?t feeling a part of himself. He knew he was going to die soon, leaving Tenel Ka and their child behind... He stopped those thoughts, they were the worst torture of all.

Life's got to always be messing with me. (You wanna see the light)
    Can't they chill and let me be free? (So do I)
    Can't I take away all this pain. (You wanna see the light)
    I try to every night, all in vain... in vain.

The torture, Anakin?s death, the baby were hard enough to take alone, together they were impossible. The tentacles loosen and he falls to the floor where he lays in a heap. He feels like crying, moaning, doing something to relieve the pain and anguish. But he would not give them the satisfaction of seeing him at his weakest. They will not break him. He will break them, he vows, even if it is the last thing he does.

Sometimes I cannot take this place.
    Sometimes it's my life I can't taste.
    Sometimes I cannot feel my face.
    You'll never see me fall from grace...

Something takes a part of me.You and I were meant to be.
    A cheap **** for me to lay

Free of the Embrace of Pain, Jacen is no less chained than before. Held in check by the slave seed, he is force to endure Yuuzhan Vong enslavement. He has become a curiosity for the VOng shapers, who subject him to invasive tests to find out why he can control the force. The process leaves him weak and ill. Despite his discomfort, each time they violate his body he gains more influence on his Dhuryam, the pain the shapers cost is a catalyst. It could be worse, the only damage the shapers do is scar him

Feeling like a freak on a leash. (You wanna see the light)
    Feeling like I have no release. (So do I)
    How many times have I felt diseased? (You wanna see the light)
    Nothing in my life is free... is free

Sometimes I cannot take this place.
    Sometimes it's my life I can't taste.
    Sometimes I cannot feel my face.
    You'll never see me fall from grace...

You and I were meant to be.
    A cheap **** for me to lay

After months of subjugation the day the shapers think they will choose the world brain of Yuuzhan?Tar has come. The Dhuryam was once one of his torturers, it is now his puppet, it is his to command. Now was the time to strike, to get revenge on his tormentors. The vong warriors try to remove him from his hiding place. He kill the most gullible of the four and signals his puppet.

Go!

Jacen fights the Vong warriors with unrestrained strength and speed, the barriers of restraint gone, forever destroyed. Without the force he doesn?t need them. But each being he kills takes him farther from his

2. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    (looks around in a darkened room and yells) "Hello? is anyone there?"

Boy this one really fell on deaf ears.

3. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    No, I read it. And I liked it. I'm just not the most conscientious reviewer (working on it, though.) Almost cried... :_| Aw, kriff. Seriously, this was very good... the slight AU-ness of it really works and makes it even more tragic.

I'll have to check Half Price Books (and more!) for the CD... I'm listening to Loreena McKennitt right now and as much as I like her, I don't think the mood fits. [face_thinking]

4. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    Go to Best Buy, you can get it cheap there.(the CD is nine years old, and there are six albums that follow it

5. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    O.k. how could I not get suckered into reading this with a title like Freak on a Leash? I tried to resist, but it intrigued me. I've never been a big Traitor fan, but you did a good job with it.

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    How could I resist this? Korn and Star Wars all in one. I like it. Glad to see there are other Korn fans on this board too. Too many JCers give them a hard time.

7. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    Glad to know someone else likes korn here, I will eventually branch out into Issues songs(aside from Make Me Bad which I have already posted, check my profile if you want to read it.)

8. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    This is underrated and I'd like to read more about the baby. However, I hate to say it, but you misspelled Anakin.

9. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    Again!?! damnit I never spell his name right. Since when was this rated, or was that a figure of speach?

10. Jedi_Fel

Jedi_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2005
    great. never heard of Korn until tonight. but you can sense how much anguish jacen feels at what has bveen done to him good job.=D=

11. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    I have written a sequal to this song fic based on the song Thoughtless IF you wish to read it, her is the linkhttp://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=22816953&brd=10477

12. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    Any further comments before I lock this up?

13. jaya_tharen

jaya_tharen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2004
    Yeah, just one.

I liked it. I could really feel the immense pain and anguish.

A dark fic, but I liked it a lot. Definitely fit right in with Traitor.

--Jaya--

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.