main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo: The Release Date

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Matty20172018, Dec 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matty20172018

Matty20172018 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2017
    So still locked in for May 2018 and not moved to December like last two films. Anyone convinced this really will stay in May?

It will mean that the home media releases will happen at about November, so some good money to be made over Christmas 2018 for Disney.

I am guessing that Solo lends itself to a summer blockbuster vibe more than the last three films.

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Seriously.. I read the title and got scared for a sec..

Avnar likes this.
  3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    The ship to change the release date without inciting mass panic sailed a long, long time ago.

11-4D, my kind of scum and B99 like this.
  4. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Licensees would be asking for millions from Disney/LFL if they changed the date at this point. With an April 20th street date, there is probably already merchandise being loaded on to boats. We are well past the point where they could push it back.

5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Good lord... Way to scare a crew with this thread! I am glad it's staying in May BUT if they suddenly changed it, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest...

Two reasons - December is making huge money and the 1 year gap between films doesn't get the "over-saturation" gang going. Anticipation is not a bad thing...

I hope it stays just because I am impatient and if it's good to go - I'm good to go!! :falcon:

6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Doesn't need a new thread. Locking.

7. Matty20172018

Matty20172018 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2017
    Thanks for the few thoughts by the others.
    Apologies if my thread was 'illegal' or anything. I am fairly new to these parts, finding my way. I'll keep my questions to the 'official' thread in future...

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Are you using black magic to post in this thread still? Only mods should be able to. :confused:

Krueger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.