1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest. New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Artist Solo29's Art - Updated May 23 (Star Wars Galaxy 6 Returns!)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29, Nov 23, 2004.

Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    HOLY CORUSCANT!!! That Han/Leia drawing is OUTSTANDING!

**Picks self up off the floor** No matter how long it takes, I'll be watching for more of this one!!

GREAT work.

oldj
  2. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Loved your works that oil-painting is beautiful doing it with only a few colours. A scanner is good for little pictures or details of them but a digital camera can catch the entire image.
    Han & Leia is looking good.
  3. Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master

star 2
    Oh, that sketch of Han and Leia ala Rhett and Scarlett is wonderful HanSolo29! I can't wait to see the finished product :)
  4. Basement24 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wonderful WIP! The likenesses you've got are fantastic, they never cease to amaze me. I think A Han of this quality for me would be a final product, but I know you'll keep going! :) Can't wait to see more!
  5. Nidrail Moderator Emeritus

star 3
    oh my!
    Gorgeous picture!!!!
    They really look like Han And Leia, which is so incredibly difficult (for me at least!)
    =D=
    LOVELY and really awesome how gone-with-the-windish it is!!! What a wonderful idea for a drawing!
  6. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Thanks for the comments, everyone! They are all truly appreciated! I've hit a snag trying to get that particular piece done(not certain I want to do the final in water color anymore, may try something different), but I plan to go back to it eventually. Thanks again! :)

I've hinted that I've been working on a piece for the Fan Art Challenge in the other thread and I've done enough work on it that I have something to show. This is nowhere near done(I hope I can crank this thing out by the end of the month) but I wanted to give you a sneak peek. I'm gonna keep the challenge category and my idea behind the piece a secret for now, but just a heads up that I am experimenting with a new style for this.

Challenge WIP

Enjoy! :)/>
  7. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    I know!! I know!! **waves hand madly in the air** ;) It's "Han and Leia's Bikini-Beach Vacation!!" [face_laugh] ...Isn't it...? I've seen this picture of Carrie before (and wondered how it might work--you're two steps ahead of me, as usual! ;) :p )--now I'm dying to know which HF pic you're going to pair this with!! :D I love this style (and it is something new from you!): a sort of realism/comic blend, with the good likenesses, bold linework and pool shading--I cannot WAIT to see this one come along! I love the look on her face here, and it's very much our Princess (but of course, more casual than we're used to seeing her!)! Awesome so far! =D==D= :D

FF
  8. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Oh, bah! You always manage to guess it! :p

Hmm...I guess I should think about re-naming the image itself. [face_thinking]

Anyway, thanks for the wonderful comments, FF! They are greatly appreciated as always! I've started Han but it's been slow going now that classes started back up and as you can see, I didn't get it done for the Challenge. Oh well, I'll just go ahead and finish it anyway. Hopefully I'll have Han done by tomorrow sometime. We'll see. ;)

9. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
  10. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Thank you, earlybird-obi-wan! :)

Okay, I know I said I'd never get around to finishing this piece, but what can I say? The drawing was sitting on top of my desk and I couldn't resist anymore. This is the finished version of the Gone with the Wind Han and Leia drawing. I was originally going to finish it in colored pencil and watercolor, but changed my mind at the last minute and ended up using Photoshop instead. So, without further ado, I present the finished Gone with the Wind drawing:

Gone with the Wind: Han & Leia Style

Enjoy! :)/>
  11. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek:

**faints**
    **wakes up again**

=D==D==D=

**grumbling that there's no "standing ovation" smiley**

;)

GAWD!!! =D= This looks soooooo good!!!! Man, that red dress is gorgeous--the likenesses are wonderful and the shading and painting are awesome!!

This is so like a "GWTW" movie poster or something, particularly with the "window" framing them--I'm in love with his hands, too! :p Me and hands...they're something I always notice! They're perfectly tensioned here, with the weight of her--the clothing looks fabulous, too! I LOVE this piece!! =D==D= You deserve a medal or something for this! :D Fantastic job!!

FF
  12. angel_gidget Jedi Knight

star 1
    Between their expressions, the color, and the skin...I'm obsessing over the loveliness of the skin here...it's all so lovely. Awesome work!
  13. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I LOVE it! :)

edit: I wanted to say more earlier but didn't have the time. So now I can gush over it properly! :p
    I am really impressed with the way you handled the shading of Han and Leia's skin. The shadows look great and the color gradations are so believable. The highlights on Han's face really make him pop and I think you did a superb job on the shading and highlighting of Leia's dress too.
    The other thing I really dig is Han's hair. You made it look piecey wihtout having to draw in each strand. It looks great!

You also captured the intensity of the scene in their expressions. It's really clear that there's some passion between these two. [face_blush] :p

Again, I just love this piece. Great job!
  14. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Wow! Thanks for all of the wonderful responses, everyone! I really appreciate it! :D

FF: Thank you so much, Deb! [:D] I'm quite honored to have you think that this is deserving a medal! For once, I finally did something in Photoshop that I'm happy with. I've been doing a lot of research on coloring with the program and how to use different techniques and it looks like it finally paid off!

I'm actually really happy with the way the hands turned out as well. The lighting on the right hand in particular really turned out nice - I'm not sure if I'll be able to replicate that again. :p

angel_gidget: Thank you very much! Let me tell you, it took hours to get the skin looking like that. I think I did the whole coloring process in 5 sittings with maybe about 6 hours put into each. It was tedious work, but totally worth it.

Obi-Dawn Kenobi: Glad to see you back, m'lady! And thank you for the kind comments! :)

As I said above, it took forever to get the skin looking just right. I can't even begin to count how many times I went back and tweaked certain spots because I was unhappy with it. The hair gave me lots of problems as well. I'm just glad I was able to pull off the effect I was going for. Thank you again!
  15. JediNat Jedi Master

star 2
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: THAT IS AMAZING ARTWORK!!!!!!!!!!!! =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=
    More soon, pretty please? [face_batting][face_batting][face_batting] [face_praying]
    [face_peace]
    -JediNat-
  16. Glitbiter Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Just had to comment on 'Gone with the Wind', it's absolutely stunning!~:D
    Gorgeous colours, shading, pose - it's all lovely :) All those hours were worth it.
    Love the look on Leia's face as well, and a beautiful likeness of both her and Han.

=D=Awesome work!=D=
  17. ShrunkenJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :oops: My goodness, I never commented on that Gone with the Wind drawing yet? What am I thinking?

The coloring is wonderful-- the contrast/color range is so realistic, and the softness, you feel like her skin and dress are just glowing. Even the attention to detail you give Han's hands against her dress.

And the drawing/pose is absolutely just classic, dramatic, and they look so perfectly themselves... phenomenal piece you have there. :)
  18. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    Eeeeeee! I never liked Gone with the Wind, but eeeeeee! *squees and such* It's so beautiful! I love the pose, and the colours, and the way they're gazing into each other's eyes... mhmm... so cute. Awww. I love it. And the background fits really well too, it has such a romantic atmosphere! Usually I hate romance but with Han and Leia it's okay, they're allowed.

Okay, I'll stop gushing and try to get a bit more technical. I love the skin tones, and the way they're reflected in Han's shirt without making it seem like it's pink or something. It's such a soft look. The folds on their clothes look really well, and I love their expressions. Especially Han. They look so in love. Aww, I really like this, huge well done to ya!
  19. Ty_Ordell Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow! great job on that Gone with the wind piece, great idea too! Awesome job with the likenesses.
  20. DARTH-KER Jedi Padawan

Man I dig that GRAPHITE HAN you did at the start of this thread, good work!
  21. TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Master

star 3
    Wow! I love Han and Leia! it's so romantic!
  22. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    JediNat: Thank you! I'll see what I can do about showing more of my art. I'm a bit swamped with other projects right now, but I'll see if I can squeeze something in. ;)

Glitbiter: Thanks for dropping by! Yes, this particular piece took a long time to complete, but so worth it indeed. I had to step away and come back to this so many times it wasn't even funny. I'm glad you like how it turned out, though! :)

ShrunkenJedi: Thank you so much! I really like the effect the digital media creates, but I want to try and get away from the black outline. For some reason, that bothers me.

Iverna: Thanks! I agree there's always room for romance when it comes to Han and Leia. The best SW couple by far. ;)

Ty_Ordell: Glad to see you back, Ty, and thank you! :)

DARTH-KER: Thanks! That particular piece was actually done several years ago(6 I think?) and to be completely honest with you, I'm not crazy about it anymore. I think my work now is so much better than that and I'm actually a bit embarrassed by my older stuff. :p I'm glad you liked it regardless! :)

TheOnlyJediPrincess: Thank you! :)
  23. LordDarthUmbrus Jedi Master

star 4
    ~pant pant pant~ OwwwwWWWWWWw Hubba hubba! :eek:

"Frankly my dear...I think you like me because I'm a scoundrel!"

Beautimous Solo29!

24. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    Sorry for the lateness of the comment, but great rendering! I could just see them creating this pose after leaving Dathomir with their cloths in a similar state of disrepair and having to resort to this for the time being...not that they'ld mind:p
  25. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Thank you for the kind responses! [:D]

I finally have something new to share with everyone. Got through the final rush at school and I had the chance to work on some personal things once more. And of course, who else would I pick, but Han. Hope you all enjoy! :)

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/Fan%20Art/han-blackwhite1.jpg]/>
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider