main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Solo29's Art - Updated May 23 (Star Wars Galaxy 6 Returns!)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Nov 23, 2004.

1. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Wow, those are so beautiful... [face_love] love the way the first is so soft and looks like a photograph.

Are you in or trying to get in sketch card work? :)

(It's Glit Biter by the way, had this new ID wen I lost my password... [face_worried])

2. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    Solo, you get better everytime I go away from TF.N and re-emerge!

[:D]

3. jedipencil

jedipencil Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 1 VIP

Oct 30, 2006
    It's been a long time I haven't dropped! Fantastic work!=D= That trio painting is gorgeous... Those black and white sketch cards are really beautiful - keep going! And post more!

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    BIEREN: Thank you so much! Although, I believe you got my name mixed up with FF's. ;)

NYCitygurl: Thank you! [:D] Thanks for taking the time to take a look at my work!

Glitbiter: Glad to see you around again! I appreciate the feedback!

Are you in or trying to get in sketch card work?

Right now, I'm trying to get into doing sketch cards professionally. These are just some samples that I've worked up and sent off to Topps. I heard nothing back yet, but I'm gonna keep trying. :)

rhi-sparks: Yes, it has been awhile since I've seen you around and welcome back! And of course, thank you! :)

jedipencil: It's great to see you again, Ingrid! I hope everything is going well! Thanks for dropping by and taking a look at my work. It's a real honor! And I will be posting more when I have the time. I have a few things in the works and hopefully I'll have them up soon. ;)

5. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    Great job on the 3-part sketch cards! The detail's amazing for something so small.

Out of the other two cards, I really like Leia's, mainly because of the bright lighting you have set off behind her--her face and strands of hair are highlighted: well done!

6. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Wow Amazing work as always! I love the Luke, Leia and Han. the coloring is amazing!

7. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Thank you, all! Your comments are much appreciated! [:D]

Finally got around to finishing a new piece tonight. It's a bit of a montage piece and it was done specifically for AzureAngel for the holiday gift exchange. Done in graphite and Prismacolor marker:

Jedi Masters

I am also in the process of working on sketch cards for the Blue Line Cure for Cancer charity. I have the cards in hand and will post those up as I complete them. So, more frequent updates should be in the near future. :)

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great work as always with three of my favorite characters

10. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    **faints dead away**

**wakes up again, struggles to the keyboard**

OMG!! =D==D==D= This is AWESOME!!!! Gorgeous--and I mean GORGEOUS--likenesses, beautiful composition and stunning shading...they all look so REAL... I'm just loving the tenderness with which the natural lining of the faces was done--very realistic, but with a tender enough touch that they don't look older so much as simply wiser; Qui-Gon's wry little smile is SO perfect, it really touches my heart--almost as though he's watching young Obi Wan realize something for himself that he's been teaching him for many years! ;) Just amazing, Mme. Moderator! =D= And I know Azure is LOVING this, too! And now I can't wait for the collector cards--they're going to ROCK, I just know it!

FF

11. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    ^ Geez, I echo what Falcon said!=D= =D= This is fabulous!

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow. Absolutely amazing.

13. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    It's stunning =D= I agree with what everyone else said, but I'll also say I have seen a lot of illos done in this way but there is definitely something unique about yours. I can't quite put my finger on it but there's definitely something abut the style that draws my attention ^___^

Graet work, and it's good to see you updating again [:D]

14. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Very nice work.=D=

15. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    So, I really miss having the time to come in here and see new artwork - but, the upside of it is that when I do get to take a look I am always pleasantly greeted with new material that is better than ever. Your latest technique in black and white is outstanding. I LOVE it! Your growth as an artist is great. :)

The oil cards are beautiful, as well. My goodness, you did a great job in such a small space. They're beautiful.

Can't wait to see more!

16. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Wow, that is AWESOMENESS. Fantastic, great job on those masters!! =D=

- Serena

17. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Sniff, I am deeply touched. Sorry that it took me sooooooo long to find it, but school drove me nuts because some snotty teens had big issues recently. I will go to bed now happy and relaxed!

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    And onto replies....

earlybird-obi-wan: Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

FalconFan: Aww, you're too kind, FF! Thank you! [face_blush]

It took me a while to find the perfect image of Qui-Gon to use for reference and as soon as I saw this one with the smile, I knew it was it. Not too happy with the way his shoulders transition into the background, but that's only a small blemish to the way he turned out. I'm quite happy with it. Thank you again!

Jag4Me: Thank you! Much appreciated! [:D]

NYCitygurl: Coming from a fellow mod, that means a lot. Thank you!

Kiyuuchan: Hehe, I feel like I keep jumping around in different styles but I try to keep some aspect of my realistic approach. I'm glad I was able to obtain that here. Thank you again!

soitscometothis: Thank you! :)

Obi-Dawn Kenobi: Obi! It's nice to see you around these parts again! [:D]

And thank you for the kind words! I've always enjoyed working with oils since first picking them up my second year in college. They're messy, yes, but there's something about them that I really enjoy. As for the small spaces, it seems that I work better small, so what better way to do this than with a sketch card? ;)

Thanks again!

JediXManSerenaKenobi: Aww, thank you! Much appreciated! :)

AzureAngel2: No worries, my friend. It was a real pleasure doing this piece for you. It took a little longer than I expected, but for that, I apologize! I'm so glad you like it and thank you for the kind comments! [:D]

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Sorry for the double post.

Got around to getting my first two cards done for the charity auction. These will be the only Star Wars based ones, so I figured I'd go ahead and post them awhile. My remaining two will be from Lord of the Rings and Star Trek and they should be up later in the week.

I apologize for the poor scan. Apparently my scanner didn't like the colors and medium I used. These were done in graphite, Prismacolor markers and colored pencils:

Blue Line Charity Cards: Round 1

20. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Those are great pictures of Han and Leia.

Having sometimes the same problem with my scanner as well. A camera and some nice weather solves this.

21. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    The image has been deleted. :(

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow, didn't expect anyone to respond to the thread that quick. :p

I went back and did some tweaks. That's why it said the image was deleted. I touched up a few things on the cards themselves and rescanned them. The link should be up and working now. :)

23. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very nice!!

24. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    =D==D=

Schweeet!! =D= I LOVE them--very cool and unique style to them--not quite "comic-outline," with a lot of realism (and fantastic likenesses!) thrown in! I think the colors look very good here (though I totally understand about scanners "shredding" the work...it seems they're designed and built to do just that! [face_frustrated] ) I love Han's expression--your skill with his face and moods shows through here, so very well! =D= I wish you stunning success with the charity auction--and I commend you for donating your superb work for such a cause! **standing ovation** Fabulous, fabulous work!

FF

25. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Very nice ^__^ I really like the skin tone colour