1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest. New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Artist Solo29's Art - Updated May 23 (Star Wars Galaxy 6 Returns!)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29, Nov 23, 2004.

Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Those are amazing! I love them. You really do work well in small spaces. Can't wait to see more! :D
  2. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Thanks all! I appreciate the kind words!

Here are all four of my completed cards. Not sure if I like this style, but it was fun to play around with it.

Blue Line Charity Cards - Final
  3. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    =P~ I want the Picard!

Wow, I think this style is amazing. I wholeheartedly heart it.
  4. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    w00t!! =D==D=

Picard!! =D= One of my fave sci-fi characters (...well...aside of the SW crew, of course... :p )!! Gads, Han, these all look outstanding! I love the colors, the expressions--the likenesses are perfect (how the heck do you accomplish that on SUCH a TINY canvas?!)! Fabulous work--more than worthy of being on a collector card!! =D= I love them ALL!

FF
  5. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Lovely again and two of my other favorites too! Picard and Arwen.

Great drawings and colouring.=D==D=
  6. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I know, me too!

Yeah, I have to gush some more over these. I mean, look at the beauty! Your handling of the light/highlighting is so fantastic, especially on Picard. :D
  7. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Wow!! Very awesome, Steph :D
  8. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    I love the Piccard also a big, big deal.

[face_love]
  9. Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Ooooo ! ^__^ Lovely skin tones, it's always hard to get the colour right on skin. Great job with the shading and highlights especially on Piccard. The Arwen is my favourite, the colour on her lips is really nice, that pretty much sold it for me ^___^ her whole face is pretty of course ;) but that detail is really nice.

Hope U raised lots of money with these ! :D
  10. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Me, too.

[face_good_luck]

Please let us know how things will go!
  11. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm with Azure here: I'm dying to know how the auction went! And I hope it went VERY well! :D

FF
  12. Tahi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've been working my way backwards on your thread, HanSolo29, and it's such a delight. I'm astounded by your talent. :) I especially like your Qui-Gon in the "Three Jedi" pic. Something about the way you capture his quirky view of life and his humour in that quirky smile - it was right on the button IMO. :)

And the Indiana Jones a few pages back is just awesome and delicious. [face_love] The shading really makes him come alive, and also - as in those cards of Slave Leia and Anakin - capture mood really well. I love Leia's face - so pensive and at the same time determined and focused. And Anakin - so troubled. :) Fantastic pieces all of them. =D=
  13. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
  14. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Thanks for all the kind comments, all! It's very much appreciated! [:D]

For those interested in the auction itself, all the cards will be on display sometime in April and the auction will be held directly after. I will keep everyone posted and provide links as we get closer to the event. :)

I currently have quite a few things in the works; mostly fan fiction related. So, expect a bigger update than usual sometime soon!

15. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    Picard = Teh Coolz

Great job, HS.

-B-
  16. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    I love that you do things for a good cause.

[:D]
  17. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Thank you, you two, it's much appreciated! [:D]

I know it's a little late, but for anyone who's interested, my cards did fairly well in the auction. They all ended between $32-$36, which made me very happy. Thank you all who bid in the auction and helped to raise money for a great cause!

On the heels of the the Blue Line event, I took up another gig doing sketch cards for a March of Dimes auction. Here are the completed cards and once again, they did fairly well over all:

March of Dimes Sketch Cards

Enjoy! :)/>
  18. TheBride Jedi Knight

star 1
    (Azure in disguise)

Wonderful new pieces, Han. I like the light and shadow play on the faces of your characters. It creates a dense, emotional atmosphere.
  19. Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Great job ! the colors are amazing. I'm impressed how you can capture emotion in a tiny space, and the details too =D=

I'm so glad your cards did well.
  20. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Amazing! Especially the Indy ones. Your use of color adn light is amazing :)
  21. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    the Indy cards are so nice with that light and emotion.

And love the Luke, Leia, Han
  22. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    (Azure as herself... :D... and NOT as her own up-date sock)

Can´t wait to see your next ´social project´... @};-
  23. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    Beautiful work! You've captured all the characters at very key moments, which is great. And I love your technique, they look very real and yet sketchy enough to have an artistic feel to them. I love the Indy ones as well! [face_love] Wonderful work!
  24. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
  25. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Wow! It's been a long time since I've updated this! [face_tired]

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for all the wonderful comments! Thank you for stopping by and taking time out to view my work! It's much appreciated! And of course, I would like to apologize for the lack of updates. I just haven't had a lot of time for SW related work. But I think the dry spell has passed! I have a few up and coming things and I wanted to share a bit of that with all of you!

This is a little WIP piece that I'm working on. I have a series of three images that I need to do for a couple of fan fic stories by March 1st and this is the first in the series. It's in the final sketch stage at the moment and now that it's scanned into the computer, I plan to really flesh it out and add a background in Photoshop:

A Night on Bespin WIP

Enjoy! :)
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider