main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solution for Clovis arc not airing in Season 5

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I don't remember exactly, but even if there really were some, there were not many of those clips (at least not as many as for the rest of the episodes). Still, the arc felt like a late addition.

2. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    I would rather have it on S5 Blu-Ray because I dont want S6 to be another schedule screw-up season like this one.

TaradosGon likes this.
  3. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    There was the one where Grievous was battling those troopers on the Negotiator.

4. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Yes, and the shot that plays when the VO of Maul reaches the line, "Kenobi," is of Obi-Wan helping get one of the crashed clone pilots to safety. That came straight from Bound For Rescue.

5. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I think for the Clovis arc they should just put it on Star wars.com for people to watch.

Zabrak 2 likes this.
  6. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    So it seems like they are set on cutting the Clovis arc from this season. I don't get why they are afraid of ending it with 22 episodes and a cliffhanger.

7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I see what you mean but imagine the letdown of waiting months in between S5 and S6 to see the final episode of this damn Clovis arc which was just meant to be watched quickly week to week. It would be a huge letdown probably.

It would be like watching the first two Mon Cala episodes and then waiting 6 months to see a just-OK finale. Timing is everything. I say just put it as a nice exclusive on the Blu ray. Then you don't screw up the S6 broadcast order either.

8. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    As I've said before, if the show is moving channels then that is the fundamental problem of ending the show on a cliffhanger in the middle of a story. Any new viewers would be thoroughly confused. CN would still retain the rights to air Seasons 1-5 for a time so any move to another channel would not be able to show previous episodes to catch up the audience. Better to end the season shorter then to run the risk of thoroughly confusing new viewers by starting a new season with a resolution of a cliff-hanger.

9. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Yes, that does make sense. I hope that the first episode of the Clovis arc will be the season premiere, then.

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Next season Clovis, next season.

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Damn, I have to wait a whole year to see this! I was really looking forward to seeing some more of Embo. If the episode have already been made and are in the season five trailer, then why not just have 23 episodes this season?
    [​IMG]

12. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Because CN bought the airing rights for 22 episodes. They'd have to buy an extra episode off Lucasfilm which is now owned by Disney which they may not be willing to allow now. It's not as simple as people think.

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    So it's assumed we're getting these episodes in S6?

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Pretty much confirmed we lost episodes from season 5 to season 6 and the season is going to be short.

15. kryptonjedi

kryptonjedi Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    There seems to be a lot of interest in the Clovis Arc, since it got pushed back. One of the reasons I'm looking forward to it is that Anakin is one of my favorite characters in the show.

What are other things people are looking forward to in this arc?

16. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I hear that Anakin really kicks Clovis' butt and exhibits extreme dark side tendencies. Some good character stuff.

Also Embo. Also cool snow planet Scipio and banking clan and Muuns.

I love the variety of this show!

17. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    If the worries about Disney not picking up the show won't turn out to be unnecessary, the Clovis arc must be included on the S5 DVD/Blu-ray.

18. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Politics and military violence.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Honestly, a bunch of people are excited about this arc and I allowed them to infect me with that excitement. If you can't beat them join them right?

20. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Also Thorn, right?

Insert Thorn GIF here...

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Thorn and Anakin kicking Clovis's ass.

22. kryptonjedi

kryptonjedi Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    I wonder what Clovis does that would make Anakin want to force choke the dude. Maybe Clovis finds out about Anakin and Padme relationship and threatens to reveal it to the Jedi Order, or it could something much worse.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Anakin already left Clovis for dead in "Senate Spy". I imagine Anakin is going to get mad he's still alive and in Padme's apartment. LOL, he walks in there and catches Clovis serenading Padme with "Follow Me".

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Spoilers from the season trailer beneath the tags:

In the conversation with Obi-Wan, Anakin says that Clovis nearly got Padme killed on Cato Neimoidia, as it was Clovis' fault that Gunray and Dodd used Padme as bait. The insinuation/paraphrase was that "now he has the nerve to show up in her apartment?!"

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Or the other way around...San Hill and Clovis kicking their butt. ;)

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.