main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

solution for spoilers

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by chunk_the_jawa, Aug 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    if you use the mark up code's for changing the color you can use white its still visible but not that much yet if you highlight it as if you were going to copy and paste it is readable.

highlight from here
    seee what i mean. its not a complete fix but this would be something to keep in mind in the future.
    to here :) EDIT: maybe we should even adopt this for all spoiler threads. just incase somebody should stumble in by accident?

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I still think putting Spoiler in the title of the thread and putting a bunch of returns in before posting a poiler in another thread works pretty good. The best thing though is to keep anything spoiler oriented in a spoiler specific thread.

3. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    very true jenn this could be one of the many steps in the spoiler process.

4. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    or we could do this, it is equally effective, and it also is more obvious than The White. Its worth a try.

Highlight the post to see it. :)

5. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Could you post the code for that one, so that everyone can see it, Miccu? Try putting the brackets in quotations, that should show the code.

6. Miccu_Resea

Mar 17, 2002
    to highlight anything, you use the code "" For example if you want to highlight something green, you do this: "hl=green" something green,"/hl" to do this: to erase your message in color, you "hl=black" to erase you message in color "/hl"

Reminder, replace all " marks with [] brackets.

EDIT: Way to look out for the new people Jen. ;) and if you have anyother questions about markup codes, feel free to PM me with any questions. ;)

7. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Thanks Miccu, I knew I could count on you to decipher that request.

8. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    oh but then you get tricky and do something like this or this and it will real toss a wrench in the works.

9. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    let alone if you do this [face_devil]

10. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    and dont forget this kinda thing either

11. Miccu_Resea

Mar 17, 2002
    Please dont confuse the new people, chunk :p they have it hard whent they changecolorson them

12. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    The color for the current board is #eee4e3. You will need to use a hex code instead of a word. For example: Haha! I am the greatest. Not even chunkymonkey can post as much as I.

13. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    i like colors

but I'm just to lazy.

14. Lewis_Black

Lewis_Black Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2002
    As somebody who has vowed to be spoiler free, I appreciate the lengths that you all are going to so that you can help.

I might accidentally start reading a spoiler, and I won't be able to get back. It is like drinking. Once you fall off the wagon, it makes it alot easier to drink the next time.

15. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    who else just got thirsty

16. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I like the highlight black better. just making a hard to read color isn't such a great idea b/c it looks different to us color defficient folks.

17. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Good point JD, I almost forgot about you. Let's go w/ the double black thing then. That way no one is left out!

18. Swomz

Swomz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I am too lazy to go through all that, so I just ont post spoilers or at the top I will do something like *******SPOILER WARNING******* and that will give the person a clue. plus, I dont know hex

19. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    hrm...

*******SPOILER WARNING******* = 28 keystrokes

{hl=black}{/hl} = 15 keystrokes

you make the call. sometimes it's hard to avert your eyes when it's *******SPOILER WARNING*******...but you have to actually try to see it if it's highlighted in black.

20. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    either way will will decide what to do about this as a group , and once we have come to a solution it will have to be folowed by the whole group. that way its handled the same consistance every time. if everybody just does what they want to do we might as well not have any kind of rules about this at all. simple because if you are reading along and a spoiler is supposed to be black highlighted and its not you could more then likely read right into it before noticing. or if they are supposed to be anounced and they are highlighted that would surely be read because if its highlighted you will be drawn to it.

Anyway we do handdle it will have to be folowed by the whole group. I'm not trying to be bossy but I have been spoiled a few times now on difrent things so I feel very strongly about this.

21. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Good point, and after we make a decision today I'll add it to the Handbook before I publish it to the forum.

I'll also have to see if Obi-W can put it on the website too.

22. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    are we voting on things today or just getting our ideas ready.

23. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    The Handbook will be finalized today, the rest is still up in the air. I suppose it depends on turnout and opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.