main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Solving EU inconsistencies

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ithorians, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    You know, Hydra was a pretty curious character. She did have something close to a small backstory: she recalled living with an abusive relative (uncle, was it?) until the Republic´s fall, then joining the Empire and rapidly rising in the ranks thanks to her efficient and organized nature.

Then she was assigned to the Inquisitorius, and managed to achieve the rank of Grand Inquisitor thanks to Vader, who used her as an informant of the Inquisitorius´ movements sanctioned by the Emperor. Curiously enough, there was no reference to her Force abilities, lightsaber skills, etc. She was pretty sure of herself when confronted violently, but this could be her arrogant nature; Inquisitors in this series were strangely different from the ones coming from other sources...

Jarrus and kalzeth like this.
  2. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    interesting because there were two inquisitors mox slosin and Hydra who played big roles in the empire inquisitors and I never found out where they came from and there story. Thanks now i know some of Hydra history

kalzeth likes this.
  3. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    So when did Yoda fight those dark Jedi on Bpfasshi?

Because didn't he do it supposedly in 19 BBY or something to that effect?

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    During the Clone Wars, before the Battle of Praesitlyn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCCViking likes this.
  5. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    That gave me an idea that I just mentioned in the One Canon thread: maybe Yoda goes to Palpatine afterwards and suggests a protocol for the clone troopers to deal with rogue Jedi commanders, not knowing about the Order 66 Protocol/chip. Palpatine plays it cool and says, "That's a good idea, Master Yoda." :emperor:

6. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    You know there were some jedi from Legends who we never learn if they survived order 66 or not

kalzeth likes this.
  7. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    I think it's a good working assumption that if we don't have explicit reason to believe that a given Jedi survived, that they died. The survivor count of Order 66 in Legends is already high enough to be problematic as the event that put an end to the Jedi Order.

Nom von Anor, Revanfan1 and Ulicus like this.
  8. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    i guess your right Legends did make it look like less jesi died during order 66 so lets just assumed they died

9. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    So apparently Vergere and Lumiya discussed whether or not to turn Jaina, Luke, Mara, leia(IIRC), as well as Kyp before deciding on Jacen.

What I don't understand is that there is no way-that they would have enough information on all these people to know which one was the best target for converting to the Sith.

Jaina very easily could have been a better candidate than Jacen, or Anakin solo(imagine Lumiya seeing that irony in terms of vengeance against Luke and his family).

How would they know Anakin would die? Unless they met after star by star which is hard to square with Vergere being under Vong supervision at nearly all times.

Assuming the aim wasn't just to re create the rule of two, or block Krayt's agenda, or in Lumiya's case get revenge on Luke-the sort of criteria they supposedly used to determine who to corrupt don't make any sense as they didn't know these people that well-Lumiya knows Luke and Mara, and Vergere vaguely knows the solo family and Mara.

What was the plan if Jacen died?

Assuming they didn't have the same agenda-Lumiya being to recreate the rule of two, get revenge on Luke, and Vergere to forge another better kind of Sith lord-they still wouldn't have enough information on their candidates to have this discussion.

What gets me about this whole Lumiya and Vergere get together to decide which of the protagonists to turn story is how implausible it is-even if we allow the many coincidences and conveniences that allow them to know each other and meet unsupervised in the first place, they shouldn't have enough knowledge on their candidates to have such a discussion. Even if we say they had their discussion during that period Vergere was missing for some months or so-they would have had to contact each other prior to that. And Vergere had few oppurtunities prior to destiny's way to use holograms. And how did she know of Lumiya anyway? Or Lumiya know about Vergere?

Is there any way they could have obtained this information?

And even if this was somehow achieved-there was no guarantee things would work-Jacen could easily have died even after his captivity more than once not to mention in the post Vong war.

Did they have any replacement candidates selected?

Did Lumiya and Vergere have the same agenda? Two different intersecting agendas? And how did their agendas relate to Krayt?

So much of the Lumiya-Vergere backstory and alleged conspiracies in the NJO don't make sense or they only do when a large number of conveniences, luck, and coincidences seemed to occur in their favor.

Also we don't have anyone's word for these supposed meetings except Lumiya herself, and Alema through the one Sith who either could be lying or at least not have all the information.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Nom von Anor, PCCViking and kalzeth like this.
  10. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I would have loved to know more about Mox Slosin. At this point, he feels like a rather anachronic element, an Inquisitor, a High Inquisitor no less, that wasn´t a Force user.

Actually, I don´t recall where he was specifically defined as non-Force user... maybe he was just ignored, but could have gotten a retcon the same way that Laddinare Torbin did, eventually?

11. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    yeah they weren't clear so i would like to assumed he was and i wish we had more infromation about him like whwre did the empire found him

kalzeth likes this.
  12. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Oh, other thing... according to wookiepedia Star Wars Galaxies, a game I never got to play, had a new category of Inquisitor in Chief Inquisitor Redge. However, there was a Master Inquisitor Uvqolo in there as well... for those who played that game, any reason for the first to be recognized as an official rank and not the second?

kalzeth and Jarrus like this.
  13. Jarrus

Jarrus Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2018
    And curiously, Uvqolo seems to look exactly like Grand Inquisitor Ya´ce Yiaso!

kalzeth and Ithorians like this.
  14. Jarrus

Feb 23, 2018
    There is one more thing I remembered that I was curious about, at one point: that thing about the snivvians. Zutton, Zutmore, Takeel, Rachalt Hyst and the whole bunch... I suppose the original snaggletooth is any and everyone of those?

DarthJaceus and Ithorians like this.
  15. DarthJaceus

DarthJaceus Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2016
    I've always known Zutton to be snaggletooth, but that's just me.

kalzeth likes this.
  16. Landb

Landb Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 7, 2017
    It's because he popped up in a WEG book, and his statblock very conspicuously lacked the 'force sensitive' tag.

It seems to me that in WEG times, Tremayne was intended to be more an exception than the rule, an Inquisitor who happened to be force sensitive as well. The disruptor was specifically noted as a weapon used almost exclusively by the Inquisitorius among all Imperial agencies and military branches. Later on in WoTC books and whatnot the Force aspect of the Inquisitorius was emphasized more.

I quite like the way Publius proposed solving the issue: The main qualification for an Inquisitor is being deemed capable of effectively tracking, capturing/killing, and interrogating Force users. Obviously, a good portion—quite possibly the majority—of such individuals will be Force-sensitives themselves. This, combined with the requirement of being "lightsaber-qualified" (important to be reasonably well-informed re: the proper use of a weapon your most dangerous opponents will use), lead to some in universe individuals misunderstanding the nature of the organization. While they all carry lightsabers as a mark of rank, several instead favour their disruptor pistols as their weapon of choice.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Ithorians, Daneira and JediBatman like this.
  17. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Oh, I was so intrigued by this at one point! my take is, Takeel is the one sitting close to Han and Chewie in ANH; According to wookiepedia, his brother Zutton is the blue one. Zutmore was named in the Holiday Special, so that´s definitively the one showing up there. Rachalt Hyst... I think she is not canon, now? anyway, not sure it´s a separate character, I think it´s just an alias for Zutmore.

Of all of those, which one was supposed to be the one in red in the kenner line? The cardboard picture had Zutmore, anyway. Even if POTJ line identify Zutmore as Zutton... yeah, it´s confusing...

Jarrus, DarthJaceus and kalzeth like this.
  18. DarthJaceus

DarthJaceus Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2016
    This is from Zutton's "Behind the Scenes" section on Wookieepedia:

Although this character is apparently short, Kenner initially created an erroneous tall version of his action figure. "Blue Snaggletooth" is the informal name of this rare action figure from 1978. Released as part of the Sears "Star Wars Cantina Adventure Set," as well as a Sears exclusive mail-in two-pack with Greedo, the Snaggletooth figure was intended to represent the character Zutton. However, the only reference Kenner used for the figure was a partial black-and-white photograph of the character. As a result, the Snaggletooth figure included wore a uniform erroneously painted blue, had long legs, and wore boots and gloves. All versions of Snaggletooth from 1979 onward, including later Sears releases of the cantina set, were corrected to the proper red color, with bare feet and hands and shorter legs.

In 2001, Hasbro produced a figure called Zutton, but the figure actually resembles Rachalt Hyst.[3]

In the Insider #130 article "The Unusual Suspects: Who's Who in Mos Eisley," there are discrepancies between the pictured Reegesk mask and that seen in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. The Ranat pictured in this issue of Insidermay in fact be Nevar Yalnal; however, this has yet to be clarified. The confusion continues with both Takeel and Zutton reversed from their Decipher Customizable Card Game images. The Decipher cards show Zutton with a full head of hair, while in the Insider image he has patchy hair and a large hump. Decipher depicts Takeel with patchy hair and a large hump, but in the Insider image he has a full head of hair and a small hump. The identified images of Mosep Binneed and Tawss Khaa also differ from those used by Decipher.

And this is from Zutmore's page:

In 1978, the Kenner toy company created a figure of the Snivvian, Zutton. This figure was labeled as "Blue Snaggletooth" and was a very rare figure. However, the package included a picture of "Zutmore" from the Holiday Special. This seemed to imply that the Snivvian in The Star Wars Holiday Special was the same Snivvian, Zutton, that appeared in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. However, Zutton has a different appearance than the Snivvian in the Holiday Special, and it was decided to split the appearances into separate characters.[2]

To add to the confusion, in 2001, Hasbro produced a figure under the name "Zutton", but the figure actually resembles "Zutmore".[3] Around the same time, Decipher identified "Zutmore" as "Rachalt Hyst" for its Star Wars Customizable Card Game set, Tatooine Limited. Later sources, including the article, Rogues Gallery: You're Barred! in Star Wars Insider 144, returned to the name from the Holiday Special script: Zutmore.[2]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Jarrus and Ithorians like this.
  19. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    To go one further, both Takeel and Zutton can be seen in ANH. Takeel has a full head of hair, is wearing red, and as mentioned is right by the door. Zutton meanwhile is balding, actually wearing yellow in the movie itself (Decipher altered this to blue for whatever reason), and appears when the patrons all react to Greedo's death. He's right next to Reegesk the Ranat IIRC.

Jarrus, DarthJaceus and Ithorians like this.
  20. Jarrus

Feb 23, 2018
    All your posts are great information! Wookiepedia article is very clear, and I just have to check that yellow snaggletooth!
    Slosin seems pretty intimidating, even if he wasn´t Force sensitive...

kalzeth and Ithorians like this.
  21. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Very interesting bit about the disruptor. That´s the tenloss sniper rifle from Jedi Outcast, I presume...

It´s very intriguing because Torbin, I think, was also meant to be a skilled interrogator. Later retcons made him a capable duelist, and a powerful Force user, and that´s what makes him such an intriguing character to me. Also, that´s why I guess something in the same line could had happened to Slosin!
    Absolutely!

Jarrus and kalzeth like this.
  22. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Zutton in yellow, for all to see:

[​IMG]

Jarrus, Ithorians and DarthJaceus like this.