Some bad news and a request.

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by hyperspace_police, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Well, it has happened.

As most (or all) of you know, I have been undergoing various cancer treatments for the past year for breast cancer. Had my surgery in December and thought I was pretty much in the clear.

Since then, I've been having regular blood work and Cat scans to make sure that things are staying like they are supposed to. But, the news is not good.

However, last month Dr. #1 said that my blood work looked bad but the Cat scan was clear.

Then Dr. #2. thought Cat scan looked bad and blood work looked unhappy as well.

Yesterday Dr. #3 (I'm a stickler about several opinions.) agreed with the other two so, I am going to be doing
    the whole rediation/chemotherapy thing again. I'll do a week on of treatments and then 2 to 3 weeks off...

I originally tried a study treatment that was a bit more mild, but this go round it's going to be the hard core stuff.

So, if my board activity drops off, don't write me off or anything. It's just that I don't know how my body will react with the
    treatments.

I had cancer the first time at the age of 15. I beat it then, I'll beat it now. (I'm stubborn that way)

And for the request part: Anyone out there that believes in prayer, please add my treatments and ability to get better to your list. The more that pray about something, the better the results.

Thanks again.
    I love all of you like family...You guys are my family.

Bacon
  2. VADER312 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I HOPE ALL GOES WELL, MAY THE FORCE GIVE YOU COURAGE
  3. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    You cant go You cant go I selfish and need my secatary. HAAHH Take it from a sick one do what you have to do. And you know we will all pray for you in or own ways and we will be here for you.
    Always keep the faith....
  4. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    You know you will be in our prayers.
  5. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4

Yes, you do need me, don't you...

Thanks guys.

As always, I am very optimistic and will get through this. I'm stubborn that way.

It's just getting me down temproarily cause I was looking forward to having hair again...
    But, thats just a vanity thing. (Might be able to make a Sly Moore costume after all.....:) )

Thanks again.

[face_pig]
  6. Astiateu Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh no! That is bad news! Please let us know if you need anything... *hugs*
  7. Scotstrooper Jedi Padawan

You will be in our thoughts and prayers for sure...hope everything goes well!

All the very best,

Gord.
  8. Die_Jedi_Dogs Force Ghost

star 3
    Oh no!

My thoughts are with you!
  9. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey, I've already been praying for you. I can put you (anonymously, out of respect) down as a prayer request at Church tomorrow. Let's all have faith that she can beat this thing!!! O:)

Lavenderrose @};-
  10. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Update:

This is a radiation week and then I have two weeks of no treatments.
    Then the cycle starts all over again.

Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers.

It helps.

Bacon
  11. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Just so everybody knows... I think I posted this over at Jello.

My latest tests showed that the cancer had spread to my Lymph system so I'm continuing with the treatments.

It's very limited and it has been discovered early.

So, it should be ok

Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers. I love all of you very much...and I appreciate you all more than I can ever explain in words.

You all have become my extended family. You are the brothers and sisters I never had.

Thank you

Bacon
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.