Abq Some Free Comic Book Day thank you's...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by frankm, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. frankm Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello,

I met some of you at the FCBD Lobo comics appearance. I just wanted to thank you for being cool and posing for some photos with my wife and me. You can see them at http://www.zerofournine.com/johnandbrandy.html

My wife and I are moved to Albuquerque about three months ago. We are leaving, as early as July, but would love to get to know you more while we are here. It is tough for us to meet new people with us moving so much, especially those who are into Star Wars and other hobbies of mine.

John McGarity
  2. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    welcome Frank! I hope you can come by the BBQ on Sunday and hangout...

also, post here on the boards cause almost everywhere you go in the country there is a Fan Force close by. And thru the boards you can still talk with us!
  3. FlirtationOfficer Jedi Knight

star 3
    A great big welcome hug and kiss to you and your family! [:D] :*
  4. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome John & Brandy!

Glad you could come and geek out with us! Hopefully your wife was understanding... :)

Anyway, as I was looking at the pictures...does this look familiar?

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/mitchellnm/IMG_1689.jpg]

I crew for both these balloons (Aerotonda & Kaleidoscope) Small world, huh?!

Feel free to hang out with us as long as you're able to ? 3 mos isn't a long time to get to know many people, but we're a fun, freaky crowd. (As you might have guessed). ;)

I'm sure there's a movie out soon we could hang out for...[face_thinking]

5. frankm Jedi Knight

star 1
    It IS a small world. The more my wife and I travel, the more we realize that.

I would love to come to the next meeting/BBQ. Brandy has to work, but she really wants me to go if I can. It has been about six months since I had someone to "geek out" with. We have been on the road since we got married two years ago. My wife is a travel nurse, which means we live the crazy life and move every three months or so. We don't have much time to make friends wherever we go. I never even thought about looking up a group like Fan Force Mos Alba. It is good to know that this type of group is in many cities.

Hopefully we can meet some of you soon. I would love to know more about hot air ballooning, and have the chance to talk to someone more adult than our cat and dog.
  6. nmfiredawg Force Ghost

star 3
    Where is she working at now, maybe I have ran into her while doing the ambulance thing.
  7. frankm Jedi Knight

star 1
    She works at UNM. We wanted to try and stay until Balloon Fiesta in the fall, but I don't think we are going to get to.
  8. cyndilt76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    it was nice meeting you guys on sat!!! welcome!
  9. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    frankm, it's awesome to have met you this past weekend. You of course are more than welcome to come on over to our meeting and bbq this weekend!

PM me your email address and phone number so I can call you!
  10. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    John, I also have to say your photographs are l33t. They are very nicely done! Do you shoot for a living or it more of a hobby?
  11. frankm Jedi Knight

star 1

I used to shoot for a living, as a wedding and portrait photographer. But, I closed my studio so Brandy and I could travel while we are still young and have no children. I hope to continue my work someday. For now, I just shoot for fun. I just updated my website with some new images. http://www.zerofournine.com

I look forward to seeing you at the BBQ.
  12. Lorithavon Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm gonna' swipe one of your pictures for the website, if that is cool if not I'll remove it. or if you want a photo by credit or a link or what ever let me know...

-lor
  13. frankm Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, you are the guys in uniform. Swipe away!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.