main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Some good news for me!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Liz_Skywalker, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    I got the job! YAY!

For those of you who may not have heard, I had an interview Monday for like, my dream job (short of college education status). Beginning next Tuesday, I am officially a doggie day care sitter. That's right. I will be doing yer normal kennel work, obedience training, and basic service dog training as well. Working with dogs, no Christmas-time in the mall, making the most an hour that I ever have, and the only other employee is my best friend. ROCK ON!!!

[face_dancing] :D [face_money_eyes]

2. Ischade

Ischade Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    yay for you!!!

meow.....

me*

3. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    HUZZAH![face_dancing]

Just be sure to watch out for **wink wink** land mines **wink wink** know wha' I mean?

Workin' is definitely better than the 'non' version, yessiree.

4. Yodaa

Yodaa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    Gratz [:D]

5. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    [face_dancing] Congratulations!!!!!!!!!![face_dancing]
    Wow. Working with dogs.....Yea....I guess....It is dogs...Good money though.

Okay, I'm not much of a dog person. But I have studied them ( I don't know why but I have) and they respond best to a deep voice.
    So do mental patients....
    And children....
    Plus all three groups do well with choke chains.

The implications[face_thinking]

6. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    So now, with a combined amount of three jobs between the both of us, you people will never see us...j/k.

Yes I am proud of Liz. Great Job=D= @};-

7. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    thanks guys! i just had to share the news, i'm so excited.

dog "mines" are usually easier for me to avoid as they are larger and therefore easier to see. cats tend to hide theirs in grass... was always more of a dog person than cat... sorry MP, i guess i should have told you that a long time ago so you'd've saved yourself the trouble of tempting me with the Darkside. ah yes, they all respond more to deep voices because they are afraid... they respond to mine because they love me [face_love]

speaking of, Jerry i thought you were going to say with a combined three jobs between us, that the romance is back on... @};- [face_batting] hahahaha.

and ah, but alas, they will still see me for i have set hours and i only work tues-thurs.

8. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    < cats tend to hide theirs in grass... >

i have NO idea what you're talking about! actually, i tell a lie. you know, back in the old days, cats would do the deed in the flower beds, and it was DOGS who despoiled the lawn. but porterville dirt having the consistency of cement, i suppose they have gone with the soft(er) option.

congratulations on the new job, every bit helps! and if you really enjoy it, you could always ultimately wind up with your own business... people will never stop acquiring dogs that they don't have time for, and the dogs will love you forever.

we'd better still see you, BOTH of you <strike that> ALL THREE of you. or else. don't make me tear up and use the chin wobble on you. [face_worried]

9. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    AARRRG, spoke too soon. i somehow ended up becoming a cat owner today.

but yes, my own kennel would be cool.

10. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Congratulations. We also sort of got a new kitten today. He just came walking in the house this afternoon. Really. No matter what Barry may think I did not bring the kitten into the house. He walked in on his own and when I put him out he came back inside.

He's black. He's small. And he likes to sit on feet.

11. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    boy oh boy...what can I say, I am an animal.....bite bite

12. Crazy-Old-Wizard

Crazy-Old-Wizard Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2004
  13. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    OK, update for my ongoing health issue.

Got back some results/went to the Dr. today. MRI results were normal, so that is a good sign that there isn't anything wrong with my brain. So good news obviously. However, results from my visual test said that there are some "abnormalities"... so I'm going to have to do more tests. Oddly enough, the majority of the "abnormality" was with my right eye, which isn't the one that bothers me.

Other than that, I'm taking the night off today - Jerry'll need the car for work ALL DAY and I'm kind of tired. So I probably won't see you all until next weekend (do we have something planned? and i don't even know which weekend is Kearney). Have fun!

14. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Glad to hear about the MRI. Are the abnormalities with the eye itself or else where? Since we use our right side for left vision and left side for right vision, in a manner of speaking, that could be a reason.

Sorry you will not be at Cheryl's tonight but considering that after you told us that you were having some health problems and would need to take it easy, we began sabre practice almost non-stop. You held up very well so you may be entitled to a little break.
    Take care of yourself and will see you soon.

Bette

PS the Faire is November 12-13th. Two weeks. Have your sword ready.

15. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    so far so good, then? glad to hear there is nothing glaringly wrong with your brain! (i don't think an extreme fondness for sharp pointy things and hitting people with sticks qualifies... isn't that normal?)

but i am truly relieved that it is nothing major. that has to be a load off your mind, as well.

[face_dancing]

16. Darth_Tater_Vader

Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Ohh thats great to hear Liz, so happy that the MRI didnt come up with anything disturbing =D=

17. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    thanks for the concern MP, Cheryl and Tater. yes, normal MRI is DEFINITELY good news :D

>>>Are the abnormalities with the eye itself or else where? Since we use our right side for left vision and left side for right vision, in a manner of speaking, that could be a reason.<<<

the abnormality is that it's taking the nerves in my right eye longer than normal (longer than my left eye, the one with all the fuzzies! :mad: ) to send messages to my brain. i took the same test when i was 18 and they were the same. so, the official word is "this could be a fluke that may go away on its own or may not go away, but not cause you much problem. or, this could be a symptom of a degenerative disease. since your MRI was normal it is much less likely that there is disease, but there is always the possibility that this is a symptom of something serious." i wondered about that right-side/left-side thing myself.

>>>considering that after you told us that you were having some health problems and would need to take it easy, we began sabre practice almost non-stop.<<<

[face_blush] :D [face_devil] yes, but as always all sabering is done on an "at-will" basis and i certainly chose to do it... IWS for life.

>>> i don't think an extreme fondness for sharp pointy things and hitting people with sticks qualifies... isn't that normal? <<<

yes it is.

but i am a little tired. and thanks for the heads up on Kearney, i will ready my blade.

18. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    A clean MRI is good to know, although I really was hoping it was alien interference or something cool like that (any chance to meet Agent Scully...Rowr).

If the eye thing keeps bugging you, you can always get yourself an eye patch... stylin' like a pirate! ;)

19. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Yes, Skippy loved his eye patch.[face_love] He really needs another one but this time it needs to have a jewel. The pirate look is really
    'in' right now.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.