main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Some help, if you please

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by jangofett9, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    Hey everyone. I haven't posted here in a while, though I have been keeping an eye on the place. Hope everyone is all good and plodding along![face_peace]

Now, I was wondering if some of you could help me.
    I am currently having to write a script for one of my modules....to be performed at the end of term. This assesment makes up a third of my total marks....so it's gotta be good. Now, having studied David Lynch and Tarantino last term, our piece has to be this sort of style. However, we are allowed to draw on other influences. For my piece I am primarily uing Kevin Smith and Edgar Wright for my influences. This piece is for the stage though....so no elaborate set locations or scene changes for us!

I am writing a piece set in a comic shop ala Clerks, in a small village where nothing much really happens and the same customers come in day in day out. However this day is different. Something is different. There are customers coming in asking for kyrptonite and random things that do not exist. The two clerks eventually realise.....that they are in the comic book world....and a very sinister one at that. This happens in a shaun of the dead/ spaced style with natural humour and nods to films from the genre.

Now, i have a few nods to shaun of the dead in there (you've got red on you etc) but I was wondering if any of you guys had any idea's / nods/ famous quotes i could use for my piece.
    If any of you have any sparks of imagination please could you take the time to help an old friend, I would very much appreciate all of your help on this.

Thanks for your time guys and hope to hear from you and see you all soon

All the best,
    tom aka jangofett9

2. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    hey tom nice to see you around!!

didnt taratino do Pulp fiction?? - samuel jacksons - say what again, i dare you!! i double dare you
    maybe a bit of star wars - i have a bad feeling about this

that the sorta thing your looking for??

3. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Well, as it's set in a store and you want to pay homage to Kevin Smith, I'd include Dante's line from Clerks:

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!"

4. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Tom,

Awesome idea, mate! (Why didn't I think of that? o_O ;))

Definetly throw Phill's suggestion in there. Quite obscure, but the people in the know will get the reference!

Ummm, what else?

You could have one guy going off to get a drink, turning back to ask what the other one wants, and his reply could be "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot."

You could also have one guy having a convulsion, screaming, then a toy alien bursting out of his chest as a prank.

"Ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?", a reference to the Joker in Batman.

Have one of the guys turning up to work dressed like Snake Plisken from Escape from New York.

Use the lines "Come with me, or there'll be trouble!", or "Guns, Guns, Guns!!!", Robocop.

5. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    great suggestions guys! Knew i could rely on you lot!

One step ahead of you Phill, one of my first lines is "I'm not even supposed to be here today!" We are also putting a sign on our till like on clerks saying "If you plan to shoplift, let us know. Thanks" Like Mark said, for the people in the know they will understand.

If you have an more idea's guys please let me know, any suggestions are much appreciated! I particurly like Mark's idea about Plisskin and the Joker line,and the suggestion on the main boards about "these aren't the droids we're looking for"

Keep 'em coming!

6. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    You could also have the obligitory Keanu Reeves, "Woah!" from The Matrix.

The uber-cool line from Aliens, "Get away from her, you BITCH!"...a personal favourite of mine, no less. :D

There's probably always room for something from The Terminator, or The Goonies.

Just spitballing here.

7. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    maybe you could have somebody (possibly wearing a stormtrooper helmet) bang their head on the door.

ou could have a conversation about something e.g. a laundrette (say the name is Mordorellas) = one does not simply walk into mordorellas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.