main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SOME IDEAS FOR FUTURE MEETINGS

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by MoffPeter, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoffPeter

MoffPeter Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    Glad to see all of the interest in starting up a local fan club. I know we had tried to do something on our own with a few people last year, but it was very difficult to keep it going.

Some ideas for future meetings:

--ROLE PLAYING session using action figures!

--VIDEOS. I have HOURS of fan films I would love to show.

--SHOW AND TELL. Let's see some of your collections.

--BOARDGAMES. Hasbro is coming out with a bunch of new boardgames this year including Star Wars The Game of Life, Star wars Stratego and Star Wars Battleship. Would love to play some of you.

--A FAN FILM. I have made some small videos using a digital camera, action figures and an iMac. I would love to shoot something using the members. We can post it on TheForce.net. Any ideas for a story?

--FIELD TRIPS.

Did anyone tape the channel 6 segment?

Peter

2. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Hullo there Peter! ^_^

I think the board games idea is really great..and if we need space to meet, Jitterzz Coffee House in Tosa has an upstairs room that we could rent, if everyone pitched in.

3. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Yeah, if anyone taped the Fox 6 News last night, let me know--so far, I have not been able to get my hands on one to see it either.

As for the ideas for what to do at meets, I think showing parts of collections can be fun, except that some of the stuff we have are exceptionally rare or large in figure, so some of the cool stuff we might not really get to show--showing pictures of the stuff, that's another story :)

I have done a bit of RP myself in the past (less Star Wars RP however) but you have to take a MINIMUM req. of 4 hours to game and need time to develop a GM and your character, so I don't know if this'll really be logical for monthly meets--maybe someday though.

4. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    I'm all for the fan film. when do we start :)

also...

I know we talked about moving the meeting place around for every one's convenience. I still think we should have a place of operation. with the approach of attack of the clones and celebration there are plenty of activities for us to us as a meeting place but after a month o so when all the excitement dies down we'll be hard pressed to find events. That said I think we should start brain storming a good place to meet preferably free.

5. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Great ideas MoffPeter!
    Glad you were able to join us. Any imput will be appreciated. Also, I have volenteered my place as a central location for some of the meetings, we live on 10 acres of land in a small house, but when the weather is nice, we can be outside anyway!! Skywalker, I'm working on getting the news coverage put on the site by BYOB_Kenobi, he has it on MPEG or something like that. Hopefully, it will be on there for all to view soon. Also, I have a plain old regular VHS tape recording of the news cast. If you want a copy, I can figure something out for you.

6. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    A bunch of us collector types could road trip around searching Wal-Marts, TRUs, etc for toys. We can all share in each others' disappointment when all we find are Bespin Guards, Ketwols, and Ellors Madaks...

7. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I think things that take longer, like RPG sessions, movie marathons, etc, could be announced not so much as meetings but get togethers. I know that we often have large chunks of time to kill on weekends, when not doing homework and such. Plus I think small get-togethers would be good for video gaming, collecting road trips, movie watching, board games, etc.

As for the idea of collecting road trips, like Bishop mentioned (Bespin Guards and Ketwol are out? I didn't know!), I was thinking that we could also keep a running thread going on collectable discoveries. Something like, "I found Jango Fett, and Wave 5 at..." Or, "On Bigbadtoystore.com, they just released..." That way it forms sort of a collectors community. Also, if Bishop posts, "Need Anakin in peasant outfit," and I find one, I can buy it and tell him it to stop looking. I think it's a great way to fight the forces of Ebay, save on gas, and help each other out.

8. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    One of the things that I think we were supposed to talk about at the Grand Ave. meeting was discussing what the various members of the club can contribute, what our specialized skills are, et hoc genus omne. Perhaps I missed it because I was a little late, but otherwise I don't think we touched on that at all.

9. cruznseal2

Aug 19, 2001
    My cousin and I are panning on stopping by MSOE this Friday (yeah he's 16 too) If anyone wants to meet us ... well ok i wasn't planning on it but if you wanna get a small group together drop me a line.

10. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey Cruz, we (Marcy and I) were thinking of going to Eric's discussion on the marketing of Star Wars at MSOE on Saturday and seeing if others wanted to go. I don't know if we would be able to make it Friday since we both work that day at 3pm.

11. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I'm more than likely going to Eric's thing on Saturday, as well. Say, I don't suppose anyone knows what time that's supposed to happen...?

12. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Yes, please see the MSOE postboard here for details for April 27

13. cruznseal2

Aug 19, 2001
    What time are you planning on meeting sat. I?m not sure if I?ll be able to make it but if it?s earlier in the day its a possibility.

Hope to see you all there

14. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    We're talking Saturday 20th. If anyone knows what time Eric is giving his Marketing speech, just give a post. We'd like to go see that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.