main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Some interesting retrospectives on ROTS:

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by JediFonger, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    http://www.stardestroyer.net/ROTS/Revelations-1.html

what do you think? i thought it was interesting. there was a lot of little details that he brought up that is very interesting.

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Pretty interesting. I read the beginning with Mace and his thoughts on him. I agree that Mace did have the power to beat Palp, but I think Palp threw the fight once Anikan showed up to gain sympathy for him. I am not sure if others saw this but Palp's face lite up once he saw Anakin and he knew he had him. There was a pretty big evil smirk on his face as well. But then again I could be wrong it has been known to happen. lol

Anyways, I will have to look at this again later and see what some of his other views were. He brought up a lot of good detail and gave some really good pts.

3. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    That is interesting :)

4. JediPadme76

JediPadme76 Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2005
    Very interesting! Once I read the novel, my friend and I discussed the Palpatine issue and the midichlorians for some time. We still believe that it was the sith all along that created Anakin as they wanted someone to protect their side, they just never how it would come back to slap them in the face.
    I think in the novelization, Palpatine actually tells Anakin that the aprentice was him. Anakin asked if the story was true and how he knew, he simply replied because he was that apprentice. I think that the whole situation was a plot from the very beginning. In TPM, Palpatine looks right at Anakin and states that he will be watching his future very closely. He knew right from the beginning, he just needed to wait for the right time. It was also the chosen one issue that you can question. There never really was an explaination of what the chosed one would actually be. The jedi assumed that he would be one of them, when it could have a been a sith. I could go on, but I will wait!

Interesting post, thanks for sharing!

Jen

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    A very interesting take on many different parts of both trilogies. I'll have to try and remember to check back to that site for future updates.

6. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    i like how he asserts that yoda is bent on following rules but offers little real-world advice to anakin and how mace is a hardass led to anakin's fall =).

i'm also taking a class in Zen Buddhism+Taoism right now and Yoda is totally a Zen Buddhist master because that's what happened to those older Zen Buddhist masters, people would ask them real-world advice (how to deal with emotions, etc.) and their response is don't be attached to worldly objects, meditate and you shall achieve enlightenment/nirvana, etc. but what's different is that even Zen Buddhist masters didn't follow rules to the T. after following rules for a while, it should be abandoned. so... the question becomes in the prequel...

who is the REAL villain? palpatine the manipulator or yoda the rulesetter? if yoda made all the rules for jedi council and makes everyone follow him... without question, wouldn't that make the jedi council some sort of a cult with yoda as their leader? that's why in ESB, the force ie explained as a mystical thing instead of a scientific thing (midichlorians).

regardless, the Star Wars mythos is sure to propel everyone into a deep, intellectual quandry for the times to come.

7. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I still say that Palpy is the bad guy. Sure Yoda may have shaped the Jedi Code and the Order to what his visions were, but he still wanted the Jedi to serve as a medium for peace. Palpatine only wanted to serve his ambitions and make others follow his will by force. At least the Jedi could leave the Order if they wanted to.

I think my favorite part of that whole thing was the part dedicated to Master Windu. It's true what they said, he really did have a major part in Anakin's fall. I think Windu's motion to strike Sidious down reminded Anakin of his decision to kill Dooku. Although he was egged on by Palpatine "he's too dangerous to be taken alive", "remember how he took your arm?" and sliced Dooku's head off, he felt guilty afterwards stating that he should not have done that "he was unarmed and should have been taken into custody". When Anakin walked in on Windu standing over Sidious the same thing happened again, Anakin felt that Sidious should be arrested and taken into custody but Windu felt he was too dangerous to be taken alive and chose to end it there. The conflict inside of Anakin, not only to try and right the wrong he himself commited and adhere to the Jedi Code, but to also save the one person who could help him achieve the power of the Force that he sought. This made him snap; leading him to ignite his saber and disarm Windu, and finally turning Anakin to the Dark Side.

8. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    I think my favorite part of that whole thing was the part dedicated to Master Windu. It's true what they said, he really did have a major part in Anakin's fall. I think Windu's motion to strike Sidious down reminded Anakin of his decision to kill Dooku. Although he was egged on by Palpatine "he's too dangerous to be taken alive", "remember how he took your arm?" and sliced Dooku's head off, he felt guilty afterwards stating that he should not have done that "he was unarmed and should have been taken into custody". When Anakin walked in on Windu standing over Sidious the same thing happened again, Anakin felt that Sidious should be arrested and taken into custody but Windu felt he was too dangerous to be taken alive and chose to end it there. The conflict inside of Anakin, not only to try and right the wrong he himself commited and adhere to the Jedi Code, but to also save the one person who could help him achieve the power of the Force that he sought. This made him snap; leading him to ignite his saber and disarm Windu, and finally turning Anakin to the Dark Side.
    Good point, Anakin turning to the dark side could all have to do with people's different opinions and how they veiw rules and what is justice. Anakin's opinion on justice and what should be done with the sith lords that the Jedi confront would be different than Mace's.

9. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Ultimately there were many factors that led to the fall of Anakin to the Dark Side. I don't think that Yoda had as much to do with it as the author of this site in some way implies. I think that in certain aspects Anakin believes himself to be a little bit higher up the ladder than Yoda so when Yoda fails to give Anakin the advice he's looking for, Anakin simply just shruggs it off as a waste of time.

I also don't agree with his thoughts on Anakin and Padme's relationship (at least not most of it). I do think that in his own way he loved her (especially at first during AotC) but because he was slowly slipping into the grip of the Dark Side from the outset of the Clone Wars he just became so cold that by the time we see them in RotS he's more ice than anything else. I think that his reaction when Sidious tells him that he killed Padme shows his feelings for her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.