main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Some minor news for those of you going to the Celebration...

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by LeiaYT1300, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, actually it is very minor, but I thought I would let you guys know now rather than spring it on you at the last minute.

I had to withdraw from the costume contest. The embroidery is so time-consuming, that I ran out of it. What I thought would take 2-3 weeks will now turn into over a month.

I'm still finishing this costume, come hell or high water--I've put too much into it to stop now. And I hope to have it done before May is out.

Funny how this turned out. The garments' basic construction took all of a couple of days, but the embellishment alone is taking forever.

Somehow I deluded myself into thinking the embroidery wouldn't take long...

Well, like my boyfriend said last night, there's always GenCon...

We're still going to the Celebration, of course (we paid, for crying out loud, and there are tons of other things to do!). And besides, it increases my chances of being there for Carrie's autograph (I hear she's only showing on Sunday).

So, see you guys on Friday night at the Chicago table at 8pm!

2. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Bummer. :(

I was bringing the video camera and everything. I could have contibuted to your 15 minutes of fame...

Glad you're still going - see you Friday!

3. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Sorry to hear that Beret! Was looking forward to seeing it. Well, at least we will still see you Fri.! Until then, MTFBWY

4. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    We will all be at Gencon to support you!
    Keep working!

5. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    It's too bad that you won't have it finished, but at least you can take your time until GenCon now and make a costume that you know will be great, rather than rushed. One day, I might try and make a Greedo or other costume. I would like to do a Twi'lek, but, that might be hard since there are no masks, and my last great project of any craft was in 7th grade art class when I made a spaceship out of straws.
    Is GenCon still in Milwaukee this year? I know it's moving to Indy, but I forget when. Glad to see you're still going. See you Friday.

Dwayne & Marcy

6. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Yeah, Gen Con is in Milwaukee this year - but after this year it's in Indy.

Jeff

7. Darth_Lee

Darth_Lee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    I still want to go as Jabba the Hutt. ;)

8. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Have a great time at Celebration Beret, Eric, and all else who are going, and Beret don't forget, I'll be at Gen Con to back you when you get into that costume contest.

:)

May The Force Be With You... all of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.