main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Some of my research...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mookie, Dec 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mookie

Mookie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2002
    since I have the new title of Director of Costuming, I figured you might want to see some of how and what I research.

Here is but one of what will be 3 posts on the Rebel Pilot Flak Vest.

http://rebellegion.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=693&PagePosition=1&Replies=10

Also another one on the belt.

http://rebellegion.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=644&PagePosition=1&Replies=20

It's very time consuming but the only way to get your details correct.

Rebels rule!!!

Mookie

2. Jedi_Dimples

Jedi_Dimples Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2003
    Mookie,

Hello, I am new around here, Signed up to Join the Rebellion back in November 2002. Unfortunately due to Mom stuff (me being the Mom) I havent been able to make it to any meetings....YET...I say *YET* because I do plan on attending.

My question is this, I keep on searching online for a pattern to create a Jedi Robe of my own...now most are geared towards tall men..and I am only 5'2". (Probably the shortest Jedi besides Master Yoda Himself)is there something you could suggest that could help me? Also I have read (online of course)that most patterns are out of print or no longer made. Not a big sewer so something easy perhaps??

Thanks...I appreciate any help you can provide.

3. Mookie

May 31, 2002
    I will get it from the best source and give yu the answer I can get.

Mookie

4. Jedi_Dimples

Jan 6, 2003
    Thanks so much. :)

5. Mookie

May 31, 2002
    Jsut so you know, there is a new pattern out other than the McCall's one everyone raves about. supposedly a friend is picking this up. This with less modification will be a better Jedi pattern than the other.

In addition, size changes for a 5' 2" body is done through instructions on the pattern. In essence, a pattern will tell you what to change in order to size to yourself.

More soon.

Mookie

6. Jedi_Dimples

Jan 6, 2003
    Wonderful!!! THANK YOU for the update!

~%Dimples%~

7. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    what's wrong with a jedi being 5'2"?

i happen to think that it's a fantastic height for a jedi to be!

~MaryAnne

8. Jedi_Dimples

Jan 6, 2003
    Nothing wrong with being 5'2" some people would refer to me as short. I say I am vertically challenged. ;) It's just sometimes finding clothes that fit right can be difficult. "Petite" clothing tends to be too short, "Regular" clothing sizes are too long. I am in between.
    It's funny, because my son is exactly a foot shorter then I am, and he's only 7 almost 8! We both have light sabers and we frequently have what we like to call "battles" we have a lot of fun.
    My "other half" collects the Star Wars Legos and we have a LOT of them. Just recieved yesterday via UPS the Imperial Star Destroyer, its HUGE!!
    But I am rambling on now...

One more thing...I have been continuing my search for Patterns as well and have found a few more general ideas and I am going to head to Joann's Fabrics this upcoming weekend to check them out in person as opposed to seeing them online.

:D De

9. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Hey Mookie. Is Han Solos 2 prong belt Black or Dark Brown. I cannot tell from picture. Also do you know anyone that could do a Han holster as good as MP Productions for less then $300.

10. Mookie

May 31, 2002
    The black belt has 3 sets of holes but two prongs in use as the fastener.

Mookie

11. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    So the belt he wears in ANH is Black with 2 prongs and 3 rows of holes. OK Gotcha. One more question, if you know. Do the holes go all away around?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.