main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Some Other Future's Past - AU: Jedi refuse to train Anakin. Tagged. Updated finally on 3/16.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Chaos_Rose, Aug 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Bolo_O_I

Darth_Bolo_O_I Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2002
  2. aninonymous

aninonymous Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    Wow! Nice one! :D
    I finally had some time to catch up
    on all the new posts and they were great.
    You are doing a wonderfull job with, well all the characters. And I liked the idea that
    S.D. being Palpy´s master.

BTW

The title is great! :D :D :D

3. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    *eyes shift* RANDOM UP FROM YOUR APPRENTICE'S APPRENTICE!!! *runs away to MS Word with the hell hounds nipping at her heals.*

4. Chaos_Rose

Chaos_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    I spent an over an hour responding to all the lovely feedback, then Explorer crashed and it was all GONE! A Sith curse on Bill Gates!

Anyways, I wanted to tell you all how much I value your comments. It really makes my day :)

I'm also glad that so many of you like Chaawushro, you'll be seeing much more of her. I have a week or so before the Convocation. I have much ObiTorture and QuiTorture to accomplish. [face_devil]

Abd BTW, a ruby bliel - from the novelization of AOTC - is Anakin's favorite way of ruining his supper. I imagine it as a type of Outer-Rim Slurpee.

Now, on to the next bit! And remember:

FEEDBAAACK!!!

~

High in the Council tower, Yoda sat alone. Purple-skied night pressed against the windows, but the ancient Jedi's attention was not on what was outside the walls ? his focus was within.

For thousands of years, the Jedi had been on Corucant. The Temple was originally a way-station for Jedi who had business here, but grew gradually to become the massive complex of laboratories, archives, teaching centers, hangars and residences that it was today. Over the millennia, the center of the Jedi has shifted from the world of Ossus ? where the proto-order was thought to have been founded - to here, the center of government of the Republic.

Yoda wondered now if that had been a dreadful mistake.

Coruscant, through all of her recorded history, had been cursed with ambition. The original septipedal race had engineered itself out of existence in a bid to create a superior species of beings, finding out only when they had eliminated all other paths of procreation that their genomes began to degenerate more quickly as time went on. Each subsequent generation was shorter-lived, and exponentially more mutated than the last. They died out, leaving only their last communications to be discovered by future travelers.

Even the city that covered all but the oceans on Coruscant was the bones of another civilization with more ambition than sense. They had simply ceased to be at one point, whether by plague or war none knew.

"A house of bad omens." The words slipped out in his native speech, not used in decades, (or was it centuries?) but remembered since the egg.

So many things had gone wrong in so short a time that it was tempting to think of the events of the past year as the manifestations of some obscure curse. How uncomfortable it was to know that the fissures crazing the Jedi had been old since even Yoda's great-great-great-great grandfather was a leaper. It was only now, in Yoda's age that the rifts had grown large enough to tear the Temple apart.

Yoda's sigh echoed from the red stone walls. Of the ten thousand Jedi in the galaxy, nearly two thousand were on missions too vital to interrupt. Another thousand-odd had refused to come, and likely more would not come at all. Among those who he knew would attend, there are enough factions to make the Senate-watchers dizzy.

Some wished to return the order to its contemplative roots, eschewing contact with others. Others wanted to break from the Republic and the Senate, to become utterly autonomous. Certain factions, very quiet ones, advocating the superiority of the Jedi over other pathetic and trivial life forms, wished to rule either as a type of theocracy or a military dictatorship. Another faction advocated a greater involvement with the peoples of the galaxy - serving, protecting, and teaching ? without the oversight of the Council or Chancellor's Office.

Yoda sighed anew. All were possible recipes for utter disaster. The human phrase 'damned if one does or does not' came to mind.

Even the Council was starting to show the strain of partisanship.

Shaak Ti, Deepa Bilaaba and Adi Gallia ? seemed to be often together of late. Mace Windu had met with them for a very long time before he left of sabbatical.

Plo Koon and Saesee Tiin seemed to be much in each other's company ? both came from strongly military cultures and tended to see everything in terms of strategy and tactics.

Even Piell seemed to be waverin

5. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    **looses Hell Hounds**

Fetch that MIA author, my pretties, and return her to her story!

[face_devil] The Wookiee

edit: too funny Rose we posted at the same time... please note that the HH were sent after your apprentice's apprentice. She is MIA on her story. :D

Thanks for the post. [face_devil] I get first response now!! [face_laugh]

edit 2: "feeding the author"
    Rose veeeery interesting. Why does Anakin think that the Jedi have Obi? I thought Obi was with them and the Corellians?

Gooooooo Padme - that girl has some spunk to her. I really like how you write her. I think her character is more alive, more well-defined than the one George is able to have portrayed in the movie. :D

Sidenote - uhm, wookiee is spelled with two e's. Just thought you might like to know. :D

Great post.....want more!!!!!!

:D The Wookiee

6. Chaos_Rose

May 12, 2002
    I posted! I posted!

< throws hellhounds Stephen King's Black House.>

7. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    oops sorry Rose - please see above - they were actually sent after MCK - sorry :D

[face_ingratiating wookiee grin and waggling hairy eyebrows}

[face_laugh] TW

8. Chaos_Rose

May 12, 2002
    Edit... edit... edit... okay. Think that's got it fixed.

Thanks, Flashbacca!

9. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Lady, I can feel the great feats of labor and annoyance coming. ;) It's sad to know that even the Council is cracking apart - the dolts.

10. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Excellent post! Uh-oh, bad feelings about the Dug.... what happened to them on their home planet was sad :( . Is Anakin trying to sneak Qui-Gon out? What's he up to now?

11. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Jul 5, 2002
    *comes out of hiding* Heh heh...heh? Great chapter. And uh...I'm sorry for the lack of postage? I'M WORKIN ON IT! Just a few more paragraphs...maybe...*hides*

12. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Great post!

Good to know Obi-Wan is recovering. :)

I don't like that Barruda. [face_plain]

You go Padme! Even though you scared me a little with that last glance at Mace.

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Just like a woman - good for limited tasks, but don't give them any autonomy. :mad:

Glad to see a healer has finally decided to see for herself whether or not Obi-Wan lives.

14. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm very :D . Things are going well! Even ole' Palpy is having problems. :)

I loved the part with Anakin. So what, exactly, will he do with the money? Buy the services of some mercenaries? 8-}

I can't wait to see what happens when all the Jedi come together. How will they communicate? Will it be like an election, or will they use the Force somehow?

More, please! :)

15. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Great post! I really love that healer and am relieved she is going to see Obi-Wan. I hope Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon can have a reunion soon! :)

This splintering of the Jedi is a very interesting idea. I like what you are doing here and can't wait for more. :D

16. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    I just had this awful thought go creeping thru my brain - I sincerely hope that Anakin is not going to put out a contract on the Jedi order :eek:

17. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    Throwin up another thread :D

18. Pokey

Pokey Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    I am in total love with this story, the last few posts were wonderful and I can't wait to find out what happens next.

19. Chaos_Rose

May 12, 2002
    Hi, everyone! Thanks again for the feedback, I do appreciate the comments. :)

I have to do a lot of running around today, but maybe this will be a two-post weekend. In the meantime, here is the latest bit for (I hope) your reading pleasure.

Remember: FEEEDBAACK! it does an author good.

~

Padmé had no sooner rolled into bed when she had to roll right back out again, called by the reception desk to deal with a rather insistent Wookiee.

"And she wants to see Obi-Wan?" Master Windu matched her stride for stride down the sunwood and lapis paneled corridor to a private reception room.

Briefly, she considered waking Ani, but discarded the notion. Coruscant did not seem to agree with him, he had been very tired when she saw him and ordered him back to bed.

"She says that she is a master healer and a Jedi, Master Windu."

The dark-skinned man nodded. "Chaawushro."

"Pardon me?" The name sounded like a strangled sneeze.

"Master Chaawushro is a healer, one of the best we have with long-term or critical patients. If Qui-Gon was injured as Obi-Wan was, she would be the natural choice for his care."

A gesture from Mace opened the counterweighted stone doors into the reception room. Paneled in soothing blues and with the musical accompaniment of water trickling over stones, the room had done little to calm the red-coated Wookiee pacing back and forth.

Padmé felt a slight twist of apprehension. - she had never seen a Wookiee this closely, much less met one. Chaawushro had to be two-and-a third meters tall! Blazing green eyes locked on Master Windu and a series of harns, yelps and growls sounded like an invitation to mayhem.

The Jedi obviously made sense of them. "Yes, Chaawushro, he is here and you will be able to see him. You have to understand why we are being so cautious. The past months have been full of trials that would send many experienced Jedi to hide under their beds, much less a new knight and a pair of fledgling padawans."

The Wookiee softened her tone, speaking with guttural growls and barks. Padmé felt a little stupid ? this was obviously speech and she could not understand any of it.

"The dark power that this little one fought was old and strong. How many years has it hidden among us wearing a trusted face?" The Jedi seemed to be arguing now. "Yet she held it at bay long enough to give us a chance to break its grip, even at terrible pain to herself."

Chaawushro harned softly and looked down at Padmé, then knelt to look her in the eyes. Placing a huge hand on Padmé's shoulder the healer gave another harn, this one with an interrogative sound.

"She asks your permission to examine you." Master Windu's voice was neutral, giving her the right to refuse. "We have no healers with us, and this has been of some concern to me."

"All right, but I don't know if the medical wing is open?" Padmé broke off as Chaawushro's hands settled to either side of her head, then the room faded into a mist of golden light.

She breathed and the light was inside her - in her beating heart, flowing through her veins, zipping along her nerves, in every molecule in every cell of her. It was as if only the thin membrane of her skin held the being that was Padmé Naberrie and if that barrier was gone, she would fade into this glorious everything without a second thought.

The light took on purpose now, moving about sounding not only her physical self, but her spirit. Odd visions flashed across the mist ?

Her own baby fist around her father's finger.

Sola and she playing in a pile of autumn leaves.

The exact way that the underside of her mother's dining room table looked.

The memories ? some that she didn't even know she had played out like a holorecord. Good and bad, comforting and frightening, Padmé studied her life with a certain fascination. Wondering why she had made some decisions and not others, why she had done this instead of that. Then came the memories of the blockade and invasion, the flight and the fear that was with her every second. Even now, she wondered

20. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Jul 5, 2002
    YAY! A post!!! :D I'll reply later on when I'm not being shooed out the door. And maybe-just maybe-I'll have another post for you. :)

21. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *opens unexpected present - the post* :D

I'm glad Anakin has an ally (of sorts), but I really think he should tell Obi-Wan what's he's doing, even if not Padme. Obi-Wan is likely to react more calmly and rationally. Of course, he has other problems . . . 8-}

And go, Wookiee Healer! (Doesn't want to try and write name) [Old-Obi] Trust your instincts! [/Old-Obi]

Great post! :D

22. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Post! I like Chaawushro :) . Wookies are cool........... I'm still wondering what Anakin's up to, other than rescuing Qui-Gon. Or is that all? Hmm........

23. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Three cheers the wookie healer :) Just don;t scare us with threats of Sifo-Dyus coming back to claim Qui-Gon.

24. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I'm with everyone else, I love the Wookie healer! I wonder if she is going to help Obi-Wan get Qui-Gon out of the Temple. And now Anakin has some allies in his quest to get Qui-Gon as well. It would be funny if there were several plots going on at once to get Qui-Gon released! :D

Great post! :)

25. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    [face_laugh] Me Too! I love the wookiee healer :D

Nice post Chaos I like the interaction and the bonds that you are developing between the players. So now we know what Ani's up to.....**crosses fingers** Hope he wins lots.

:D The Wookiee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.