main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Some people still have the Christmas Spirit...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JediDragon, Dec 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Last night I had a date. It wasn't a particularly good date, I won't go into extreme detail, but we were supposed to go so LOTR: TTT...we ended up seeing the Santa Claus 2, and I dropped her off right afterward at her apartment. I was a little miffed b/c I wanted to see LOTR so bad before I leave. I had bought a ticket for wednesday but cancelled going to see it w/ the guys from the shop to go see it last night with her. I had also pre-purchased the tickets for watching it with her last night. That's THREE LOTR tickets I didn't get to use...all of which were bought online so I didn't get my military discount.

I said screw it, I went to the cinemark/imax theatre to buy another ticket for the 10:20 or 10:50 showing if they still had tix left. When I got in line, I asked about the 10:20 showing.

All of a sudden a guy behind me said "Hey, do you wanna see it earlier?" I turned around and replied, "What time? Why? Do you have an extra ticket?"

"Yeah, we're going to the 9:40 showing, but my daughter couldn't make it so we have an extra one."

"Sweet!" I start to pull out my wallet to offer to cover the price he paid for it at LEAST..

He waved me off, handed me the ticket and just said "Merry Christmas."

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Always good to hear one of those stories :)

3. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Now this was cool and everything, but it hit me just that much harder since I'd been having a pretty bad day/night so far...and this guy just GIVES me a ticket to LOTR...unbelievable.

Oh, btw, it was in the IMAX theatre too :D I was in like the 3rd row, but it was still friggin' awesome (and not just because it was free, lol!)

Maybe I'm just being a wuss, but this guy just being nice to me out of the blue, not knowing who I was...I dunno, it just touched me. I start getting all choked up when I think about it now, hehe. I have REALLY not been in the Christmas spirit this year since I'm not really having a Christmas...but I think I'm getting there now :)

4. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Very cool.
    Both, that he gave you the ticket and that it meant something to you.

5. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    That is so cool, JD. [face_love] You deserve it, too. Merry Christmas, my friend. :D

6. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    thanks! merry christmas to you guys too! ;)

7. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    It gives you some hope for the Human race yet. :D Merry Christmas JD! :)

8. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Merry Christmas Terry!

It just keeps getting better. I just came home from seeing some guys at the shop and there's a bag of cookies & candy on all the dormroom doors! :D

9. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Merry Christmas, nice little X-gifts, makes you think there actually may be hope for us afterall......

10. alison_breeze

alison_breeze Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002

I'm very glad to hear stories like this, and to know that there are people out there whose instinct is to generously give to others. I'm afraid I've been been somewhat disillusioned in that regard this weekend: my purse was stolen, ironically, while standing in line to see Two Towers again Sat morning.

I never realized until now just how much of my life depended on that one small wallet. I have no ID, I can no longer drive anywhere, no credit cards, no access to my checking account money. I'll have to jump through a number of hoops to get on the plane without ID to return to Co, and once I return, I don't even have keys to my apartment and *still* can't drive anywhere. I'm not sure whether I'm more bitter about the fact that someone would do this during Xmas, or that they would do it at an event like a LotR movie.

So anyway, I'm reassured and feel a little bit better to know that there are some good, generous people out there to balance those who are... well, definitely not.

11. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    So true. Some people feel it & share it, some just dont.

Ok this is gonna sound sooooooooooo cheesy, but, whatever. Its the holidays. I'm allowed.
    I've been getting a lot of my "Christmas spirit" from the RMFF. This group has changed my christmas in more ways than one. Its been quite a year for a lot of us. School, work, family, etc. I know it has been for me and, well.... you guys make it better. Thats the best way I can think of to say it.
    So, thanks. Really.
    May the force be with us, every one.
    :)
    Now somebody please tell us all another happy story. :)
    (And then we'll track down Alisons purse & kick some fa-la-la--la-la. )

Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

12. alison_breeze

alison_breeze Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002

Thanks, AHPR! I love that image... ^_^ Alas, I fear I lack both the proper resources and authority to track down my purse. I tracked the thief to a local electronics store Sat afternoon, but missed her by about an hour. Without a license plate number or even being allowed to see her picture on the surveillence, I'm afraid that's the end of things.

I guess my ecouraging holiday story would be how supportive everyone else has been since this happened. I really appreciate it!

13. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    So sorry to hear about that Alison.

On to a cheerier note, I was not in the x-mas mood to much either but I found a sweet SW toy for Jeff and it was on sale, then I find 2 more hard to find toys like right in front of my face as I go check out. I just can't tell you how sweet it is to shop while your in line!

14. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Oh and even better I printed the e-mail that said it was on sale for X.XX and when I got to the store it was a different price so I showed them my ad and got the real sale price :)

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm sorry to hear about your purse Alison :( My mom had something like that happen, but it was just her credit card. They spent $10,000 at WalMart...

16. YouDontKnowMe

YouDontKnowMe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Alison: Sorry to hear about your problem. For people like me who believe in Karma,it serves as consolation to know that sooner or later they will get what they deserve (prison, scabies, being bit by wild boars....you name it!) Anyhooo, I hope that doesn't deter you from having a Merry X-mas.
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.