main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Some questions about Galactic Battleground's stories

Discussion in 'Literature' started by masterskywalker, Jun 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Finished the main game and am now working on the Clone Campaign, great game with a lot of cool new stories.

I just had a few questions about a few of the missions.

Okay, now some of the bonus missions are canon and some aren't right? The Hoth and Endor stuff could just have happened, "off screen". But we know for example that Darth Vader's TIE squadrons did not kill Lando or Lobot when invading cloud city. ;) Nor did the Gungans take Theed nor did the Trade Federation win the battle at the grassy plains. But stuff like the liberation of Kessel, and the fight with Dodona on the asteroid happened right? I mean, there's no reason why they couldn't fit, right?

Also, Dark Troopers crop up in the strangest places, at times (during the rebel campaign for example) years after the project was destroyed. What gives? Did the Empire have some on reserve or something? I mean, it's cool to send Luke Skywalker to kick some Dark Trooper butt, but it's sort of strange considering that Kyle blew up the main plant years ago. :p

Other questions later.

2. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Well all of the AU missions are indeed canon, as they are in-universe scenerio's. So basically the Empire ran a simulation on what would that battle of Endor had been like, if they had anticipated the Ewok uprising. The same goes for the Gungans.

As for the Dark Troopers, it was all for gameplay and probably not canon.

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Instead of yacking away you could've given me the game already, you know. :D

When it came down to Galactic Battlegrounds or the Starcraft Battlechest pack, I chose the latter because it had two games for less than GB. But I still want GB!

4. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Nor did the Gungans take Theed nor did the Trade Federation win the battle at the grassy plains. But stuff like the liberation of Kessel, and the fight with Dodona on the asteroid happened right? I mean, there's no reason why they couldn't fit, right?

Right. Some are explicitly said to be AU. missions.

As for the Dark Troopers, it was all for gameplay and probably not canon

Those aren't the same indestructable monstrosities from the Dark Forces game. They appear to be a cheaper version.

5. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Could it be that they lack the alloy phrik?

6. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    Love the story so far. Hopefully, I'll be on the Clone Campaign soon.

7. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Right. We know from the WotC guidea that there was power armor. It could be that the stortmtroopers in GBGs were wearing advanced power armor made to look like Dark Trooper armor.

8. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    The Emperor may be a fool, but he wasn't stupid enough to let the DT project die with the death of the Arc Hammer and Mohc.

Wayland, anyone?

~Rooty

9. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Well, the DTs seemed tough enough. And consider, do you really think a Phase 2 or even a Phase 3 would stand up long against an assault by a bomber, pummel, artillery, cannon or hvy assault mech?

The Royal Guard in the second bonus mission of the Republic campaign in Clone Campaigns where a bit of a let down. They could have at least used blasters before closely in to have a go at the Rebels with their forcepikes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.