main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Some questions about the TCG?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by anakin85, Jun 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakin85

anakin85 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2002
    I just bought the starter deck and some boosters so i'm new to this. I have some questions.

Does the light side have any advantages considering the dark side wins all ties and goes first for everything? Seems unfair.

What are some of the rarest and best cards in the game? Cards that everyone wants.

Are you assured a rare in the 5-card boosters?

And finally which cards are holographic (foil)? Can any card be foil or are only certain rares?

Sorry for putting so many question on one topic but I didn't want to start that many new topics.

2. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Does the light side have any advantages considering the dark side wins all ties and goes first for everything? Seems unfair.

DS winning ties and going first does not seem to have such an impact on the game as to make it overly beneficial to be DS. In actuality, in my observances, the LS has the advantage in speed most of the time, even though DS wins ties. In Tournaments, you have to bid build points to get to be DS, but right now, there are really not that many advantages to being DS.
    Howver Sith Rising is supposed to change that and give the DS a lot more power.

What are some of the rarest and best cards in the game? Cards that everyone wants.

Yoda A, Obi-Wan A, Darth Tyranus A, Darth Sidious A are some pretty powerful cards.

Are you assured a rare in the 5-card boosters?

No. I think it occurs on average every 2.2 packs or every 3 packs since you can't buy .2 of a pack.

And finally which cards are holographic (foil)? Can any card be foil or are only certain rares?

All of the cards in AOTC set have a holographic foil version, and therefore become "rare" versions of those common, uncommon, and rare cards.

3. anakin85

anakin85 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2002
    That helps a lot. Thanks.

4. DEATH_BY_MONKEYS

DEATH_BY_MONKEYS Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2002
    Yoda (B) and Sidious are the two that seem to win most games for me.

5. Blues

Blues Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2002
    While you mention it - Yoda (B) is probably one of the best cards in the set, arguably better than Yoda (A) for some people.

He has won me a fair few games.

Sidious also rules.

6. BossNassDeckMechanic

BossNassDeckMechanic Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    For some reason, I find that Dark Side performs best for me. At the tournaments I go to, the other guys like their Anakin A, Yoda A, Padme A, walker and Bravo N1 starfighter deck, so they always try to play light. I anhillate them with my Droid deck.
    They get annoyed too. One guy said, "Is that supposed to be a wannabe droid deck?" I then proceeded to ask him why I kept winning. HAHAHAH!

7. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Recently I have been seeing DS having an advantage now. It's that tiebreaker that's the killer!

8. BossNassDeckMechanic

BossNassDeckMechanic Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Especially in droid decks. People think, "Oh, well the three droid star fighters are slower than the N1s that light side has, so its not as good." Just plop the Droid control ship down and you're cruising. You can usually knock out at least his regular N1s, and maybe the Bravo N1s if you're lucky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.