main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Some Questions bout ATL

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by bobafett3000, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett3000

bobafett3000 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2001

first iam not from atlanta i just wanna no some answers to my questions

cause i might wanna move there

1. Are there lots of star wars fans in atl??

2. What is Atlanta like

3. are there lots of star wars shops there?

4. what is the biggest diffence in atlanta compared to the rest of the rest of the cities in north america??

i would appreciate it alot if these can be answered thanks for your time

2. Tammy-Wan

Tammy-Wan Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2001
    So, where are you from?

Well, Atlanta is mind-meltingly HOT, from about March to October. Know this first. And all the streets are named Peachtree in downtown Atlanta. And some people have funny accents. But we love them anyway.

And there are a lot of us Star Wars fans here. Hey, they hold Dragon*Con every year here, so we must be doing something right.

Atlanta is probably the largest metropolitan city in the entire South. Or, perhaps the most recognized. It's becoming more diverse every day. We did have the Olympics here in 1996, after all. I think Atlanta is struggling with trying to be an advanced urban society, while still trying to retain some of that historical antibellum feel (we are the home of Gone with the Wind).

Atlanta has a terrible mass transit system (but we're working on that) and most people live outside of Atlanta in the suburbs, rather than in the city proper. And what is being defined as 'the suburbs' creeps farther and farther out every year. The smog gets bad during the summer.

Really, Atlanta is pretty cool. Lots of stuff happens here, and I think as more and more people come here, we'll hopefully get more museums and stuff like that.

I would definately come down and visit first before making any big plans. Most people love Atlanta when they come visit, but you never know.

Anyone else think of something to add?

Tammy

3. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    As yet another transplant (there are many of us around here), I have to say that Atlanta is a lot of fun. And it seems that the Star Wars fans are quickly coming out of the closet with this club.

But unless you're into gaming or comics, the Star Wars shopping is pretty limited. If there's a bright center to the distribution universe, we're in the major city it's farthest from. But that's why they made the internet, right?

The sci-fi community is a bit different from what I experienced in the Northeast. But there's still quite a bit to get into, around here.

Why not join the fun and move down here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.