main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Some questions on Maul, the Sith, and Sifo-Dyas...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Cabinessence, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cabinessence

Cabinessence Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2005
    Ok, I have four questions. My first is: was Maul's face painted, tattoed, or what? I was just wondering about that.

Second: Ok, so we know that Sidious must have been trained by someone. And that someone was probably Darth Plagueis. But who trained him? And who trained that master? They say the Sith were gone for a long time, but then who trained the recent Sith?

Third: What do we know about Sifo-Dyas? We know that he ordered the Clone Army and that he died about 10 years before The Clone Wars. So what information do we have on him? Post everything you know, I want to get this as figured out as possible. I know that we will probably never know who he really was, but we should get everything we know together and formulate the best theories. I am really intrigued by him.

Four: Did Palpatine want the Trade Federation to be defeated at Naboo? Or not? Or did it even matter for his plans? I think that he wanted the Jedi killed so that he wouldn't have to reveal Darth Maul, but they escaped and he was forced to send out Darth Maul to pursue them. Your thought?

Ok, discuss!

2. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Darth Maul's face was tatooed. It went down below his neck. Palpatine didn't expect the Trade Federation to be defeated. He was upset at the death of Darth Maul at that time. So, he had to find a new apprentice, and this new apprentice ended up suiting his new plan because he needed someone who could be a good a politician for the Clone Wars. Darth Sidious was indeed trained by Darth Plagueis, but it has never been said who trained Plagueis or who trained Plagueis' master. This will probably be covered in a novel of some sort.

For your question on Sifo-Dyas, you should check the Official PT Sifo-Dyas Discussion Thread linked to in the Thread Index on the top of the page. :)

3. i_dont_know

i_dont_know Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2005
    Ok, I have four questions. My first is: was Maul's face painted, tattoed, or what? I was just wondering about that.

When TPM came out, I knew little about Star Wars, and I thought Maul was an alien. A friend, who was a Star Wars nut, told me Maul was a human who got the red and black tatoos when he became a Sith.
    I can't remember the deal with the horns though.

Second: Ok, so we know that Sidious must have been trained by someone. And that someone was probably Darth Plagueis. But who trained him? And who trained that master? They say the Sith were gone for a long time, but then who trained the recent Sith?

Without the EU (which I know little of), I don't think this will be answered anywhere besides the possible TV series.

Third: What do we know about Sifo-Dyas? We know that he ordered the Clone Army and that he died about 10 years before The Clone Wars. So what information do we have on him? Post everything you know, I want to get this as figured out as possible. I know that we will probably never know who he really was, but we should get everything we know together and formulate the best theories. I am really intrigued by him.

Sifo-Dyas was a Jedi who was friends with Count Dooku I believe. When he learnt that Palpitine was corrupt/ a Sith, he ordered the creation of a clone army to defend the Republic. Dooku learnt of this, and killed Sifo-Dyas, becoming Sidious's apprentice by doing it (Much like Anakin killing Mace Windu). Darth Tyrannus (I don't know when Dooku was actually named) and Sidious claimed the army for themselves.

Four: Did Palpatine want the Trade Federation to be defeated at Naboo? Or not? Or did it even matter for his plans? I think that he wanted the Jedi killed so that he wouldn't have to reveal Darth Maul, but they escaped and he was forced to send out Darth Maul to pursue them. Your thought?

As is my understanding, he didn't want the TF defeated yet. But someone else can probably answer this one better.

4. Cabinessence

Cabinessence Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2005
    Alright, thanks guys! And yeah I was wondering about Maul's horns too. Well, who knows where he got them? [face_thinking]:)

5. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Darth Maul was a Zabrak who are naturally born with horns. Eeth Koth (who was killed in EpII) and Agen Kolar (who went with Mace Windu to confront Palpatine) were Zabraks as well.

6. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004

I believe Darth Maul was a Zebrak [it explains the horns] and his face was tattoo'd for his sith apprenticeship[or something along those lines] His whole chest was tattoo'd also,in the same designs.

The rule is 'always two there are', In KOTOR you can see its like the prime age of the sith, they have academys,picture it like the opposite of the Jedi. They have masters and apprentices and temples and academys for training. Eventually,the sith started dying off, and until ROTS they kept the rule of two. There would secretly be a master and an apprentice. So is Plagueis was indeed real and indeed did teach Palps,he once had a master before hand. Its sith's rule that the apprentice kills the master and takes the place of power,bringing on their own apprentice which will later kill the master. The strongest must stay in power.

I believe Sifo-Dyas is actually Count Dooku just using a Jedi Master's name to cover his tracks. Maybe Sifo Dyas was Dooku's previous master?

Well, Sidious is connected to both the trade federation and the Republic,either way he wins in moderation.Though I think he wanted Naboo to suffer so that Amidala would be forced to sign a treaty and step down from her position,because he sees her as a threat. Maul wasn't supposed to be found out,he was supposed to just assist in the forcing of treaty signing,but when he came face to face with a Jedi he had to destroy the Jedi so the word of the sith would not be spread.

Ok, discuss!

Done and Done.

7. i_dont_know

i_dont_know Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2005
    A Zebrak? I don't know what that means, but my source was wrong!

good answer, but I think he was asking who trained Plagueis.

Apparantely the book "Labrynth of evil", approved as canon by Lucas, shows Sifo-Dyas is indeed the Jedi who ordered the clones. Dooku killed him when he became Sidious's apprentice.

Maul was looking for the Jedi.
    Sidious: "Move against the Jedi first. You will then have no difficulty in taking the Queen to Naboo to sign the treaty."
    Maul: "At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi."

8. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    i think its "Zabrak"

9. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    You would be correct

10. Jedi_Hunter_505

Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2004
    Yes Darth Maul is a Zabrak and he had basically his whole body tatooed. Save for the... you know.

11. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Maul is a Zabrak so his horns grow naturally. He had his body tatooed to make him look more menacing.

12. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005

Their job was to force Amidala to come and move for a vote of no confidence in Valorum. The actual outcome of the battle was insignificant. I dunno what would have happened had she been a push-over and just signed the treaty, although I think Palpatine was counting on her fleeing with the Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.