main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Some questions relating to the HoT Duology and VP

Discussion in 'Literature' started by lightsaber_wielder, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    I haven't finished Vision of the Future yet, from Specter of the Past and the start of Vision of the Future, these questions have kept coming back at me, as I've been reading Vector Prime again at the moment.

1) Whys isn't Leia considered a Jedi?

In Specter of the Past, Leia says, "I am Jedi Knight Leia organa Solo." As she says this, she brandishes her lightsaber and acts like a Jedi should in the sort of situation she was in. She is a strong Force-user all through this book and Vision of the Future, yet when we reacht the NJO, she is described as having minimal Force powers.

2) Why does Han suddenly feel bad about Lando?

In Vision of the Future, Han is practically begging Lando o come with him to that mission to find Bastion. They seem to be really strong friends, and are openly friendly with each other. But in VP, Han and Leia both have bad feelings about going to see Lando.

Thoughts?

2. Halcoholic

Halcoholic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Well there's a difference of a number of years between the NJO and the HoT Duology. I'd imagine after the peace between the NR and the Remnant, Leia felt that the galaxy had entered a state of peace and didn't require her vigilance as a Jedi Knight, so she probably renounced her title.

Let's count the number of times that Lando's peaceful lifestyle has been disrupted by Han Solo, shall we? Far too many, all starting in the Han Solo Trilogy way back when. Bespin, Nkllon, whatever he was up to during the YJK series, most recently Destrillion/Dubrillion. Let's face it, the Solos have more than screwed up Lando's life on repeated occasions. Wouldn't you feel a bit apprehensive?

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Lando's just at good at getting into trouble and having his "peaceful lifestyle" disturbed when Han isn't around as when he is. The key difference is that Lando tended to be able to con his way out of any trouble he got into where as Han much prefered a good blaster for getting out of trouble with.

As for Leia not being a Jedi in the NJO, that something a few of us have a bit of a problem with. In Ambush at Corellia Luke declares that Leia has earned the right to callherself a Jedi Knight. Then suddenly she's not a Jedi in the NJO. Sorry, I don't buy it.

4. Darth_Infamous

Darth_Infamous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    And I'm sorry but the peace between the NR and the Remnant would NOT induce her to DENOUNCE her JEDI KNIGHT title. If anything it would give her more time to further her training and hone her skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.