main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Some Questions

Discussion in 'Literature' started by dan-yoda, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan-yoda

dan-yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    Some of the questions I am going to asked should be answered in the Classic Trilogy forums, but others should be answered here and sometimes the answer might lie in the EU I'll just post them here.

Okay. I am making a fan film that takes place in 3 B.B.Y. (which stands for Before the Battle of Yavin, for the sad few here that might not know). However, I don't know all too much about this year, so I want to ask a few questions so I can know if I goofed anything up in the script or not:

1: What's going on with the Rebellion now? Has it just started to form, is about to form, or just a thought?

2: The Death Star. How much has been constructed now? If it has even begun destructions.

3: Ysanne Isard. Does she have the Luskanya yet? Has she even been recruited yet?

Thanks.

2. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    All of these questions certainly belong in Lit, good thing you posted here, otherwise I would've had to redirect you here. ;)

The Rebellion was pretty much forming shortly after Palpatine assumed control of the Republic/Empire. It wasn't much, but it was slowly forming and by 3 BBY it was beginning to form up into an effective outfit. It takes time to gather personel to wage war against a galatic empire.

The death star was probably under construction at the time, how much was completed, I dunno.

I don't think Isard had the SSD yet, in fact, I don't think she had even killed her father yet.

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Krytos Trap or Wedge's Gamble says Superstars came into action after Yavin. EGVV would confirm this.

4. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    If you're refering to SSDs, then it seems the old Marvel series basically said the same about SSDs first seeing use after Yavin.

5. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    Yeah, Archie Goodwin wrote the newspaper strips showing Vader's Executor being built and first used, he had a good-sized role behind the Marvel series as well. The Lucy was constructed simeltaneously with the Executor, but it was some time later before Isard posessed it.

She had her father killed not long after Garm Bel Iblis went into hiding, which I think was around Yavin.

6. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Yeah. The Essential Chronology states that the Rebel Alliance wasn't *officially* formed (the signing of the Corellian Treaty) until less than 2 years before the Battle of Yavin.

The first Super Star Destroyer didn't come out of Fondor until 6 months after the Battle of Yavin.

7. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    3 B.B.Y. (which stands for Before the Battle of Yavin, for the sad few here that might not know)

You sure you got that the right way round ;)

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Hard to say what state the DS1 would be in at this point in time...DS2 took 3-4 years to build, and DS1 would have to take longer.

I'd suggest that as of 3 BBY, the DS1 would only be 1/4th to 1/2 complete.

9. dan-yoda

dan-yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    Thanks. Also, does anyone know what's up with Admirals Ozzel and Motti this year (3 B.B.Y.)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.