main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Some Sad News...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RogueSquadronWingnut, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey Gang,
    Was finally checking up on my email this afternoon and I got some sad news. A friend of mine and a host of the Rebellion, Chris from the Book Rack, is sadly closing his business. I got a chance to stop by tonight and pick up my back issues and we talked. He's got a lot of issues behind the closing of the 'Rack but he's keeping an alarmingly good spirit about it. The Rack has been open almost 3 years...(3 years on the 25th sadly). He's going to be having a store-closing sale from Thurs-Mon and then at the end of the day Monday he will lock the doors for good.

Chris is a great guy and a comics know-it-all worse than I am. He's also extremely friendly and highly professional at business. He has a great deal of comics and regular literature at his store and I encourage all of you to at least stop by sometime this week to take a look at his stock and see if theres anything you might like. I myself will prolly dig up about 30-40 bucks and help take some of his comics and books off the shelves to make packing up easier. Just a rotten way to start a week I guess :(

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm sorry to hear that. :(
    He was very nice to use at Free Comic Book Day. I'm sure if I lived in Henrietta I would have frequented his store more often as it looked like a great place. I'll try to get over there Thurs or Friday if Connor lets me.

~Doc_Bev

3. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    This seemed to be the best-titled thread for this post so, here goes...

The inevitable has come to pass, and Emily and I are officially no more, as of this past Sunday. We had previously decided to get seperate apartments, but this new decision changes much. As hinted at this past weekend, I'm definitely looking for a new living arrangement (wayyyy too small here). If anyone from this group is also looking, I've some ideas that could be beneficial to 1 or 2 others. Though it took me 5 days to post this revelation, time is of the essence, so anyone with any designs on shacking up with a fellow geek (with a crapload of DVD's and CD's for my roomies to enjoy!), please PM me, and we'll rap about it...

Overall, the split is going amicably. I can't believe that I let it go this long though, and it's with an even mixture of hope and dread that I approach this new beginning, long overdue. As I have let the threads of my life become so unravelled over these past many months, I ask patience of you all, my friends, as I bum and barter rides, and what-not. Let the mending begin.

4. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Good luck to you MadKid!
    I hope you can find a new place with some fellow geeks soon. :)

~Doc_Bev

5. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    Sorry to hear the news MadKid =(,

I'd shack up with ya, but well, I have no stable (or substantial) income ^_^. Good luck, and Maybe you can get a nice place with a lot of room, and 2 more Geeks to join our little group lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.