main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

" Some Things I Know And Some Things I Dont " -The John From Cincinnatti Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by severian28, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    Have ever truer words been spoken? This is David Milchs' new series on HBO. He was the brilliant mind behind Deadwood. This show is definetely the answer to The Sopranos. The " anti " Sopranos, if you will. The kid who plays John is absolutely phenomenal. It isnt exactly clear " what " John is. I think he's an alien and its the most brilliant of that kind of performance since Jeff Bridges award winning turn in Starman. Extremely similar characterization in that we see the alien or angel or whatever it is slowly assimilate, minute by minute, word by word. This looks like its extremely easy from an acting standpoint but its not. Very advanced and brilliant. I think the guys name is Austin Nichols ( that plays John ). Fans of Deadwood will recognize the craftsmanship of Milch immediately, and its oddly similar to that series in a way I cant put my finger on. Charlie Utter and Ellesworth are in the show and are basically reprising their roles from Deadwood but set in the modern day in a sci-fi/fantasy/drama. Sci-fi/fantasy/drama? Did I just write that? Yep - I couldnt explain it any other way. Watch this show. I was hooked in 30 seconds and the potential for this show is exponential. The first two episodes are on demand.

2. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
  3. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    Thanks - lock it down

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.