main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Some Things Never Change- AU ROTJ H/L Oneshot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LeiaAndHan, Sep 25, 2011.

1. LeiaAndHan

LeiaAndHan Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 22, 2011
    Title:Some Things Never Change
    Author:LeiaAndHan
    Characters:Leia
    Summary:Han dies on Endor, and Leia is left to deal with his death.

In any man who dies there dies with him
    his first snow and kiss and fight....
    Not people die but worlds die in them.
    ~Yevgeny Yevtushenko

Leia was pushed roughly into the cell. She collapsed onto the lone bunk, sobbing uncontrollably. He?d left her. He?d gone. Every time she closed her eyes, all she saw was Han laying on his back, gasping as he bled from two fatal blaster wounds, looking at her and telling her to be strong.

?It?s okay, Leia. It?s fine.?

? Han???

He smiled softly. ?I love you.?

Tears choked her.

?Han? I?m scared. Wherever you are now, well? I hope you can hear me and are having a nice afterlife.? She allowed herself a small smile. ?You definitely deserved one.?

She kept playing it over and over in her head. It shouldn?t have happened. The shots would?ve hit her, but Han had noticed them and flung himself in front of her. She still wasn?t quite sure of the reason- there?d been a nervous tension between them ever since the previous night, which although both tried to leave behind them had stayed like a dark shadow.

Dark? Leia shuddered at the thought of being related to? No. It was a physical impossibility. To think of how evil the man behind the mask was made the hairs on the back of her neck tingle. If Luke indeed was her brother, which did seem somehow likely, then they couldn?t have any relation to him. Though Luke was a Jedi. But to have that blood in her? Leia shook her head, a horrible thought striking her.

Luke. Luke might be dead. Chewie and Lando and the strike team; the whole Alliance could be dead. And she wouldn?t know because she was stuck in this stupid, krithing cell?

?Ah, krith!?

She looked up. ?What??

?This damn, stupid door. The blasted thing won?t? Leia!?

And then her world had been turned upside down. He had held her tightly, oblivious to the battle still raging around them. With a shock, she realised why he?d done it. Last night Han had told her again and again that he?d give his life for her, and would love her forever. She never had got a chance to tell him what?d happened.

?Han, I don?t love Luke. I?ll love you forever, and tell you every single day and I?ll be loyal and never leave you? just stay with me.? She sobbed. ?Please, don?t die.?

?I?ll kill them Han. I?ll kill every stormtrooper in the galaxy to have you back.? She swore she heard Han?s voice say, just softly, ?I know you will, sweetheart.?

That night, Leia lay on the durasteel bunk in the cell, shivering and unable to get to sleep. It was just so cold? and there was still Luke to worry about, and Vader.

?Han, I?m going to freeze. If you can, and, y?know, anyone else is up there, then tell them I said ?Hi?, okay??

I bet he can?t even hear me.

?I miss you so much, Han!? Leia ran a hand over her hand carved necklace, the one Han?d given to her.

?Be strong, don?t cry.?

He held her, not showing his fear- if he had any. She didn?t cry, strangely, not until later, but instead remembered. The good times, the bad. The fights and the kisses. Four years somehow coming into two minutes, and ending with that night after the battle of Yavin.

?Hey, you okay??

?Yeah. I just??

?You wanna hug??

?Yeah.?

Looking up now, she saw his closed eyes, his pained face, and hugged him with a ferocious passion. He tightened his grip, a grimace becoming a soft, content smile.

Leia looked out of he small window by her bed. A lone star hung in the night, apart, unattached, excluded? solo.

?I?ll see you again, Han.?

Look over everyone, though. Don?t come quickly.

?I won?t. When I do come, you?d better be waiting for me.?

I?m always waiting. And I?ll wait until the end of time if it means seeing you again.

?Same here. I love you, Han.? A lone tear rolled down her cheek. ?I?ll always love you.?

I just want to say Hap

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was so beautiful, sad but beautiful

[face_love] [face_love][face_love][face_love]

I loved seeing Leia find some measure of peace at the end.

Great job on this

=D==D==D==D=