main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Some time this week?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Liz_Skywalker, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    Anyone interested in getting together one evening this week? I feel that we should probably discuss a few things like FIDM next weekend, this month's other events (narnia viewing, meeting?, practices? etc.), the christmas gift exchange issue, and of course, the tales of LosCon. I'd be down for something to drink at Borders (since it's more central... i think) or if preferred you're all welcome here. Jerry is off tomorrow and friday, (he won't know for certain about FIDM until friday because sunday will be on next week's schedule). Holla back.

2. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    well...

can't afford to drive to visalia just for giggles right now, BUT. either wednesday or thursday i plan to go see mirrormask (favoring the 7 o'clock show for the convenience of any who would accompany me) which would put me in the vicinity of borders, sorta, after i get out...
    assuming the wookiee wants to go with me, that would also put him in the area too, but i am cautiously putting forth the notion that he won't want to be out too late, so that may not work after all (but that is ever at his discretion)

since odds are good that i will ultimately miss this discussion, speaking for myself:
    a) yes i would love to see narnia
    b) things looking VERY busy in next month what with Grotesquely Commercial Holiday approaching, so commitment to showing up for meeting dubious but DO keep me informed, please, just in case
    c) i can virtually guarantee i won't have the, um, resources to be making too many back and forth drives to visalia for practices and stuff. but i would still like to get together when possible. honest. (see previous)

have a short vacation coming up starting december 5th, which mostly means i will be getting paid less for that week than if i were working but will have a little more time flexibility. since i actually rigged it to coincide with the dave's vacation, was hoping to spend a little time with him, preferably somewhere else but i will take what i can get. his vacation is also traditionally the time when we try to get all our xmas shopping done so it isn't hanging over our heads at the last moment, or at least not too much of it is. the following weekend (17th-18th) is the 2nd annual OOK dinner at tommy's, which i will probably go to on saturday, having apparently been invited. and then there's the next weekend, something's going on but i forget what...

would be cool if we could all get together for a dinner thang of out own, for our little family. somewhere we can all afford to drive, on a date when we can actually ALL be there, because that's what the holidays are all about *coughenforcedtogethernesscough* no, i was kidding about that, but serious about all getting together, my friends ARE my family. naturally this notion (dinner) will probably conflict with others' traditional holiday obligations, that is to be expected, maybe put it off til january, or we could blow it off altogether because it's not like we don't ever get together for dinner anyway, right?

wondering where the hell i was going with this? me too! just thinking, is all.

sorry, reeeeeally tired and sick and just lost train of thought. going to belt down some nyquil like a wino and then off to bed now, i think.

[face_tired]

3. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Someone said...

can't afford to drive to visalia just for giggles right now, BUT. either wednesday or thursday i plan to go see mirrormask (favoring the 7 o'clock show for the convenience of any who would accompany me) which would put me in the vicinity of borders, sorta, after i get out...
    [hr]
    [b][color=firebrick]How long is this movie? Just curious.[/color][/b]
    [hr]
    the following weekend (17th-18th) is the 2nd annual OOK dinner at tommy's, which i will probably go to on saturday, having apparently been invited.
    [hr]
    [b][color=firebrick]If you check the boards you will see that I posted as to a gathering of our group on the 17th. So you have two invitations for the same day. Very popular, become you have.[/color][/b]
    [hr]

would be cool if we could all get together for a dinner thang of out own, for our little family...... or we could blow it off altogether because it's not like we don't ever get together for dinner anyway, right?
    [hr]

[b][color=firebrick]No, that would not be right.[/color][/b]

4. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    MP, owner of the Unbelievably Long Title, said:

< How long is this movie? Just curious. >

website says it is 1 hour & 41 minutes
    which would put us at borders at around 9-ish...
    which probably wouldn't work for everybody, so scrap that idea

< If you check the boards you will see that I posted as to a gathering of our group on the 17th. >

all i can see is a meeting on the 16th...? am i missing something?

< So you have two invitations for the same day. Very popular, become you have. >

o_O [face_laugh] [face_plain]
    yeah, right?

5. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    It was a lot of fun hanging out with everyone tonight. It's been a while since my work schedule allowed fun time, but tonight was cool. See you all again Friday

6. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    hey, i had fun too!

oh, wait, i didn't go.

never mind.

7. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    i remembered what we didn't discuss: GIFT EXCHANGE. so what's the plan??

8. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004

9. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    ah. i was looking under "twin suns events calendar"

:oops:

10. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    Speaking of CALENDARS, when are we shooting the top secret one.......

11. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Not until you shave your back.

I could give you the number of someone who has experience in that area.:D

12. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    HAHAHHA!!! that was great. My back is smooth, not hairy. Don't believe Liz.

13. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
  14. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    smooth because I make it smooth with my razor.

15. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.