main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Some with AE please?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by jdawg224, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdawg224

jdawg224 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2003
    Hi, i just got AE and i am a noob at it. I read the Ryan W tutorial and unfortunately, his tutorial is only for still pictures. I tried using the same tutorial for my video but got a problem because the saber core stayed in one place in my video the whole entire time. i know this is kinda a stupid question but please help a newbie out by directing me to the same tutorial but for videos. thx

2. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    I suppose you didn't see the thread right at the top that says "HOW TO MAKE LIGHTSABERS." ;)

3. saber8

saber8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2002
    umm...maybe its because you might have to Key Frame......I mean just because you draw it on one frame doesnt mean its going to magical follow the rest of the footage..Boy that would be great..

4. jdawg224

jdawg224 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2003
    what is key frame and how do u do it in AE ? i already drew in a saber core for one frame. In the next frame, the same saber core appears and my lightsaber moved so i want to delete the saber core on the second frame and leave it in the first, then i want to draw in another core for the second frame. how do i do it?

5. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    it says in the tutorial on how to do key frames except move the points frame by frame by frame(yes there are 30 frames per second) to match your actors saber

6. the-mushy-god

the-mushy-god Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2003
    or you could do it in photoshop i find although thats wasier its takes longer to finish but im pretty hopeles with ae so i photoshop for now

7. GeneralSkywalker

GeneralSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2002
    If it helps, check out THIS tutorial and also THIS as well.

Edit:The search bar (who would'a known) at the top of the forums is always a good place to find what you're looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.