main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Someday- a songfic/vignette- A/P

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AnakinsHeir, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    First effort at this sort of thing. Please be kind! This is based on the song Someday by Nickelback.

Someday

How the hell did we wind up like this?
    Why weren?t we able to see the signs that we missed?
    I wish you?d unclench your fists,
    and unpack your suitcase.
    Lately there?s been too much of this,
    but don?t think it?s too late.

He stared at her, unable to believe that she was actually packing her clothes. She wouldn?t look at him and her movements lacked their usual grace.

?Padme, please-? he stopped abruptly as she turned angry, tear-filled eyes on him.

?Anakin, it?s too late,? she said. ?I can?t stay here any longer.?

?Padme, you can?t just leave me,? he cried out, his lower lip trembling with the force of his emotions.

?I?m not leaving you, Anakin. I?m leaving Coruscant,? she said, turning once more to the bed and her packing. Her next words came out in a whisper, ?You can join me on Naboo, I want you to come with me.? She continued to pack, first one item and then another. Each thing she placed in her bag drove a blade into his heart.

?You know I can?t. I have pledged to serve Palpatine, he?s the only one who cared enough to overlook my marriage,? his words were bitter.

She whirled around and he saw her small hands clenched at her sides. ?He?ll destroy you, Anakin. He?s already destroyed us,? her words ended on a sob.

He moved forward to take her into his arms but she pulled away from him, wiping angrily at the tears that married her delicate face.

?Padme, please don?t go. I love you,? he whispered in her ear as he tried once more to embrace her. Hesitantly she allowed his arms to bring her closer. As she leaned against him with a weary sigh he felt their babies jostle within her. His hand shook as he placed it on her belly.

He felt his legs tremble and he let himself slide down to his knees. He came to rest with his face pressed longingly to the movement of their children. Finally, the hot tears were streaming down his own face, for when he reached out to her through their bond, he was met only with a dark, forbidding wall.

Well I hoped that since we?re here anyway,
    we can end up saying
    things we?ve always needed to say,
    so we could end up staying.
    Now the story?s bleeding like this,
    just like a paperback novel.
    Let?s rewrite an ending that fits.

She stared at him as she waited for her belongings to be stowed in the ship. He stood a few steps away from her, his hands clenching and unclenching at his sides. She let her eyes wander up and down the tall figure of her husband.

There were hints of the boy who had claimed her heart within the man standing there. The shoulders were broader now, the jaw more defined and lightly dusted with a dark golden stubble. The jaw clenched too as she stared.

His eyes were the thing that had changed the most. Long ago they had blazed with joy and love and longing. Now, it was mostly shadows and anger that swam in those blue currents.

She moved to stand before him as she noticed the last of her bags going up the ramp. She put one hand on his sleeve, the black garment he had worn since promising his life to Palpatine?s service. She hated that ebony fabric; it seemed to taunt her with her failure to hold his heart.

?Anakin,? she said softly, the ache in her soul bleeding into the sound of his name.

At last his eyes met hers and the pain within them almost made her stay, despite everything that had gone on between them.

?You don?t have to go, Padme,? he rasped.

She shook her head sadly, the ghost of a smile trying to find purchase on her face but unable to do so. ?I do have to go, Anakin. It?s not safe here for us, ?she said as she placed a protective hand on her belly.

?What do you mean by that?? he asked angrily.

She stared at him, unable to believe his stubborn denial of the horrible truth. He served a monster and then wondered why she feared for own safety and that of her children. There was truly no being so blind as the one who

2. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    She closed her eyes in defeat. It was truly over then and he was lost to her forever. Her one last frantic bid to keep him had failed. She would leave now, and she would leave alone. She had lost him.

She turned away without any further words, each step away from him making her heart beat painfully. He did not hear it, but within her a howl rose up and would not be quieted.

Very nicely done! Nice to see you post a story! :D

3. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Really great songfic! :D Anakin's turn to the dark is complete now. :( That always makes me sad. [face_plain] :(

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh, I liked this! Great work.

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh this was soooo good! Sad and great at the same time!! Love how you mixed in the verses of the song with te viggie. Excellent work!!! The angst was truly well played out!

6. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Wow! Very powerful viggie. I really felt his pain at the end. :(

7. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Great work! I'm not a big fan of songfics but this one I liked.

He felt his legs tremble and he let himself slide down to his knees. He came to rest with his face pressed longingly to the movement of their children. Finally, the hot tears were streaming down his own face, for when he reached out to her through their bond, he was met only with a dark, forbidding wall.

That was my favorite part.

8. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    This was so heartbreaking. A beautifully written viggie. You portrayed their pain and emotions so vividly.

She reached up to caress his face one last time and tried not to notice how he turned his face into her palm with a desperate groan. ?Please Padme; I?m no good without you.?

These lines had me in tears. I could literally feel his pain and desperation.

Loved this!!

9. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    WOW! I got readers! Thanks!

VadersMistress Thank you so much for reading! I was nervous.

Jaina_and_Jag This song always reminded me of Anakin and Padme, so I decided "What the heck?" and wrote it. Thank you for reading.

VaderLVR64 Thanks so much! :D

Kynstar Thank you so much for reading this. It made my day.

obi_ew Wow! Thanks so much for reading.

LukesTheMan Thanks for stopping in and giving this one a chance!

Gina I'm glad you liked it, that means a lot to me because I've read your work. Thanks!

Again thank you to all who read. You made my first contribution to this board almost painless! Except for the nerves. :)

10. isola

isola Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2004
    A great songfic - with a twist. Love it very much, thank you.

11. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    That's really good. I hope you write more! It was painful and heartbreaking and realistic.

12. DreamOfKenobi

DreamOfKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2004
    Very, very nice. I love this song and it is a perfect fit to this story. :)

13. Jedi-Tiger-Lilly

Jedi-Tiger-Lilly Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    That was really lovely. The song fit them perfectly. It almost made me cry.

14. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Beautiful. Tragic. Wonderful... I love the last sentence. It realy holds so much meaning, that Anakin turns to the Darkness as an escape. And the way he wouldn't leave with Padmé- *sniff* What has happened to him? We all know of course, but still... Oh, this was just such a nice read. I loved it.

15. hansgirl1031

hansgirl1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    Geh, this was sooo sad, so wonderfully heartbreaking!
    I agree with LukesTheMan that "He felt his legs tremble and he let himself slide down to his knees. He came to rest with his face pressed longingly to the movement of their children. Finally, the hot tears were streaming down his own face..." was the best part. :_| :_| :_|

Have you thought about expanding this, maybe giving us the before and after? I for one would love to read more!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.