main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Someday You'll Be Gone (JA angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ginger_Jedi, Sep 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Angst. Nothing but angst. Sorry, I?m in a mood? [face_plain]

Obi-Wan is 14 in this story.

Summary: After a nightmare, Obi-Wan realises a sad truth.

Dedicated, forever, to my close friends Dara, Tessa, Laura and Jess and everyone who ever gave nice feedback. :) This is for you.

**Tissue warning**

*Someday you?ll be gone*

Obi-Wan looked at the people standing against the walls of his home. They all had sympathetic expressions. He looked around and didn?t see his Master anywhere. He saw plenty of his possessions though: a book left open on the chair, a datapad with a half finished report written on it, a steaming mug of coffee. All looked as if they hadn?t recently been abandoned by Qui-Gon.

Obi-Wan looked back up at the sympathetic faces surrounding him. He looked towards his Master?s room.

?No Obi-Wan,? a voice from the sea of faces said. ?He?s not in there.?

Obi-Wan?s voice was unsteady with barely restrained emotions. ?Well then where is he??

?Obi-Wan??

?No! No he has to be somewhere!?

Obi-Wan ran out of his home, away from all the faces. No, Qui-Gon was here somewhere. The gardens maybe? Or perhaps the training rooms? Maybe he was visiting Tahl or Master Windu.

But Qui-Gon was nowhere to be found. Obi-Wan fell to his knees, not caring that he was in the middle of a bustling hallway in the temple. His Master was gone and he would never see him again. It was as if someone had ripped out his soul and only returned part of it. The pain was unbearable.

The boy sobbed and sobbed but no one stopped to comfort him.

Obi-Wan awoke suddenly, his breath taken from him.

/Just a dream/ he told himself. /Just a nightmare, nothing more./ His relief was overwhelming.

Tears rolled down his cheeks and Obi-Wan cried quietly. If it was just a dream, why was it affecting him so badly?

His Master, gone forever. It had not been a pleasant dream. Obi-Wan sobbed a little harder. No! No Qui-Gon would never die, he couldn?t! He was Qui-Gon Jinn, one of the greatest Jedi Masters of recent times. Such a man could never die!

But in his heart Obi-Wan knew this wasn?t so and the realisation of that made Obi-Wan sob even harder. He drew his knees up to his chest, hugging himself tightly as quiet sobs wracked his body.

?Master!? he wailed in anguish then buried his tear stained face in his arms.

Qui-Gon awoke, jolted out of a peaceful slumber for an as of yet unknown reason. Glancing at the glowing chrono on his cabinet, Qui-Gon discovered it was a very, very early hour of the morning.

He could feel raw, unshielded sorrow flooding through the bond he shared with Obi-Wan. Worried now, Qui-Gon got off his sleepcouch, grabbed his robe and went to Obi-Wan?s bedroom. The boy was the cause of his sudden awakening.

Qui-Gon was even more worried when he found his Padawan hugging his knees and crying forlornly. ?Obi-Wan?? he called to his Padawan, hurrying to the bed.

Obi-Wan looked up at Qui-Gon and flew into his Master?s arms, sobbing great heaving tears. Qui-Gon pulled the boy into his lap and held him tight while rubbing his back soothingly.

?Hush little one hush,? Qui-Gon soothed. ?I?m here now, I?m here.?

?Please don?t leave me,? Obi-Wan begged, clutching his Master?s robe tightly. ?Please don?t ever leave me alone.?

?Obi-Wan I?m not going anywhere, don?t worry. I won?t leave you,? Qui-Gon reassured, confused at the boy?s outburst.

Obi-Wan turned his tearstained face to Qui-Gon. ?I know you aren?t going anywhere just yet,? he said quietly. ?But someday you?ll be gone.?

And the tears came harder and faster. Qui-Gon looked at his Padawan in shock. This was not the kind of thinking the boy should be doing. Such thinking was terribly painful, even if there was a truth within it.

?Obi-Wan focus on the here and now, I?m still here and I?m not *that* old so I doubt I?ll be going anywhere for many years just yet,? Qui-Gon tipped Obi-Wan?s chin so their eyes met. ?And even when I do pass on?? Obi-Wan tried to look a

2. KelLarador

KelLarador Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    Poor old ObiWan, I know he had a strong relationship with QuiGon but when my grandad died when I was 13 I didn't cry as much as ObiWan.
    Dose being a Jedi pull on the old emotions to much? Sometimes I think so.

Is this why ObiWan never told Luke the truth cause he knew the power of emotions? Perhaps only Lukes hatred and then Love of Darth Vader brought him to the light side.

Now there's something for you to think about.

Good Little story 9/10

Keep up the work.

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, that was painfully beautiful!!!

4. Knight_Maria

Knight_Maria Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    *sniff* Okay, on the verge of tears here! *sniff* Great story, sad, but satisfying. :)
    Thank-you for sharing it!
    more?

5. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    :_| :_| :_|

*sniff*

Ginger... that was... :_| ... so wonderful! So very sad... :_|

Another great story added to your exellent collection... keep up the amazing writing! :D

6. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    :_| That was beautiful and heart-wrenching, Ginger!

7. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    :_| :_|

I'm gonna go cry now.......... :_|

8. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    So many great JA stories posted lately,yours included.It was beautiful,but of course I cried at the end..I try never to think of QGJ dying.PEACE Ewen

9. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    :_| :_| :_| Oh, Man! That was so sad!! I used to have those nightmares a lot myself!!

10. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    :_| :_| Ginger *sniff* I have a song that I want to do a fanfic on that is close to this... *sniff*

11. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    *passes round tissues*

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I guess I got the result I was looking for! Sorry for making you cry. If it helps I cried while I was writing it! :)

(hugs everyone) Thank you!!! :)

12. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
  13. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Well isn't that just depressing. :_| I often think to myself about why it is Jedi, namely Obi, cry as often as they do too. I am 14 and I usually don't cry unless I am really being yelled at. Jedi's sometimes do need emotions, it shows they are real people like everybody else! I loved it Ginger [face_love]

14. Marnie

Marnie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    This is an excellent little fic; very touching and poignant, but with a - sort of - happy ending. Thanks on behalf of all us Qui-Gon fans out here!
    Marnie :)

15. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    [sings]Love lifts us UP where we belong... where eagles fly - on a mountain high![/sings]

Gotta [face_love] Moulin Rouge! And this story, of course! :)

:D :D :D :D :D

16. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    LOL Laura! Thanks :)

[sings]"Love makes us out like we are fools..."[/singing]

[face_love] Ewan :p

17. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Awwww Ginger_Jedi, that was such a moving little fic!!! it was so sad that I'm in tears now. I love the last line that you have..."And the warmth continued to spread" :_| It was such a simple line but it showed how Obi remembered Qui's words....

So sad!!!

Anyways, Excellent work Ginger_Jedi!!!

Love lifts us up where we belong
    Where eagles fly, on a mountain high
    Love makes us act like we are fools
    Throw our lives away for one happy day
    We can be heroes, just for one day...

Knight_Obi

18. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
  19. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Oh, yes... [face_love] Ewan!!!! [face_love]

:D

20. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Gee thanks everyone! :D I'm soooo glad you liked it...

:)

My gift is my song
    And this ones for you...

21. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    And you can tell everybody
    that this is your song...
    it may be quite simple but now that it's done
    Hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind,
    that I put down in words...
    How wonderful life is, now you're in the world...

[face_love] Ewan!!!!! [face_love] And Moulin Rouge! [face_love] :D

UP!! :)

22. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    *continues to sing while she boosts this thread UP, and walks out...

;) :D

23. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Hmmmm... needs Up-ing again... :D

UUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP :D ;)

24. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Love lifts us UP where we belong... ;) :D

:p My 4th post in a row in here... ;)

Thread Status: