main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Someone I once knew (Hobbie Klivian, Angst, oneshot)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Abeja, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abeja

Abeja Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Title:Someone I once knew
    Author:Abeja
    Timeframe:EU
    Genres:General, Angst
    Keywords: Hobbie Klivian
    Characters: Hobbie Klivian, Wes Janson
    Summary:Sometimes he likes to remember the past and think about someone he once knew.
    Disclaimer: I don't own anything.

[i]
    (Hobbie Klivian hangs at the edge of a cliff and no one?s gonna prevent him from falling down.)[/i]

His thoughts are twisted and macabre like that. He is a pilot and solitude is what he knows, he knows how to be alone, he can do that. But that?s not what he?s feeling right now.
    Being alone is something other than loneliness he decides.
    He looks around at the others in the room.
    They?re relaxed now, they?re relaxed and laughing and smiling about one of Wes?s jokes.
    But he knows that that?s not them.Not their whole selves, at least.
    Behind the laughing faces, behind the smiling lips and the sparkling eyes, behind all that?behind all that, they know.
    They know what he does, he has seen it on their faces countless times.
    Pinched faces, tightly clenched fists, eyes hard with determination.
    That used to scare him, once upon time, but now it doesn?t, because he really does know of all of it now.
    They don?t speak about it, naturally, about the faces that come back to haunt them every night in their sleep, about the fire and the screams, that make them wake up sweating.
    So, it?s a matter of all of them knowing, but no one speaking about it.

[i](That?s something everyone?s gotta deal alone with, and so Hobbie Klivian has to find himself a rope, which he can use to pull himself off the edge. Alone.)[/i]

Once he didn?t know of it. He remembers those days like passing clouds on a warm summer day.
    The humid smell of the earth. Childrens? laughter. A mother?s warm voice.
    Chasing after a kite, a kite that flew so high and so fast that he had to run to keep up with the wind and he laughed, and laughed- and. And. He doesn?t remember more, though he wishes, he would.
    Clouds aren?t meant to stay still, and so he has to chase after them, but after a while, he can?t run fast enough, the clouds disappear and he?s only left with the harsh reality.
    Explosions and blasterfire and people- children, mothers, fathers, grandfathers, grandmothers, uncles, aunts ? screaming, screaming-And.
    He thinks that once upon a time it used to be so easy. He came home from school and his mother lifted him up and smiled:?That?s my big boy.?
    And everything was just normal like that, he thought nothing could ever change his reality.
    Once, a speeder accident had happened next to his home. His mother had turned his head away and had said: ?Don?t look, my son. Just don?t look.?
    Of course he had looked, just because he had wanted to defy her.
    The speeder was broken and amidst the wreckage, the people were lying, looking like bloody puppets with cut strings, limbs broken and twisted, just like the remains of the speeder.
    He?d received a slap on the head for looking, but he had remembered just the same.
    Now that blood and pain [i]is[/i] his reality, the reality, that won?t change, no matter what he hopes or thinks.

[i](Someone has misplaced the rope. Hobbie thinks that?s just typical.)[/i]

He gets up and walks away, ignoring the others? looks, seeing how for a moment their laughter fades, sees their understanding. But he quickly looks away, because, well, they know.

[i](Don?t look, my son. Just don?t look----Now where?s that kriffed rope?)[/i]

He sits down outside and looks at the red sunset, remembering a time, when the red colour only reminded him of his mother?s delicious sauces.
    Wes comes to sit down next to him. ?Are you alright?? he asks.
    ?Yes,? he replies. ?Why shouldn?t I be??
    Wes shrugs. ?Don?t know. You seemed kind of off inside.?
    Hobbie rolls his stiff muscles. ?Yeah.Well.? He knows Wes is lying, he understands very well, because he knows, too.
    Quieter he adds: ?I just think I lost him somewhere or?somewhen.?
    ?Whom??
    But Hobbie doesn?t reply and so Wes gets up after a while, rest

2. Rosa-Belle

Rosa-Belle Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2007
    :_| Oh my, this is so damn sad!!!:_| :_|
    you killed your Hobbie!:eek:...and I needed a moment to understand that part^^

but great like everything you write...I think you know him too well

(Ich kann irgendwie nich verstehn warum dass keiner lesen wollte)

3. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not Hobbie! :_| :_|

*Throws self on floor in a fit of hysteria!*

How could you??

But yes...it was very well written...

4. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I think this is really well written.
    I'm not really into all the Rogue Squadron stuff, although I enjoyed the books, so I'm a little confused as to what the others know.

But well written all the same.

Und ich kann auch nicht verstehen, weshalb das bisher kaum jemand lesen wollte. ^^

5. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Ouch, that was a tough one :( :_|

Good post though :D Very well-written =D=

6. Abeja

Abeja Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Sorry everyone, that the replies come so late, but I had a bit of a hard time, school and so on. I am glad I have holidays now^^:)

Rosa:Thank you for the review, Rosa.Um, I didn't really kill him, although I can see how it could be interpreted that way. I am glad that you liked it. Hobbie's just great. (Ja, ich war am anfang recht traurig drüber, dass es niemand lesen wollte, aber jetzt hast du ja den Anfang gemacht und es gelesen- danke[:D])

Jade_Pilot:Lol. Sorry the story made you so upset. That wasn't my intent, like I said, I didn't really kill him...really. He has just a lost a part of himself because of everything that has happened.
    Thank you for the feedback!

Ceillean: Thank you! What they know...I think Hobbie knows that they know what war makes of you and how it can change a person.That's why he doesn't want their pity. Thanks for the review!
    (Wie gesagt, jetzt hats ja wer gelesen und ich freu mich^^)

YodaKenobi: I was just in the mood to write something like that^^. Thank you very much, I am happy that you liked it!

~Abeja~@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.