Canada Someone to keep in our thoughts (and prayers)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    I realize not all of us follow a specific religion (if any at all), but there has been a request in the CR Forum for people to keep another FanForce member (and CR) in there thoughts.
    Below is the post asking for aid.

Mara_Jade_Fan
    Title: RSA Pacific US
    CR: San Diego
    Collecting MGR
    Date Posted: 9:33am
    Subject: Sad News About Padme_Skywalker: CR of San Francisco

I know most of you don't know Chanel (Padme_Skywalkr), the new Chapter Rep of San Francisco. She was only elected recently and her welcome thread remains on this page. I however, have had the great pleasure of meeting her and consider her my friend. Chanel needs your help now, if any of you are religious, I would like you to put Chanel in your prayers. Chanel is only 23 years old and the single parent of a little girl. Chanel has had some health problems for a while and had two heart attacks last Sunday. Sorry to cut and paste, but her Co-City Rep said it best:

Chanel suffered two major heart attacks on Sunday and during the operation to stabilize and correct her heart problems she also suffered a stroke. There is extensive damage to her heart and brain currently, and her stability has fluctuated through out the day in which currently she is unconscious. There has been swelling in the brain and the left hemisphere is, as far as the doctors can tell, has suffered damaged. Last night they conducted further tests to see if Chanel can breathe without the use of a breathing apparatus machine and also use a radioactive isotope tracer to track blood movement throughout her brain to see if there is still blood getting through. Tomorrow they should have a clear indication on how much damage there possibly is and if it can be recoverable. We all wish that Chanel will come through this with everything she has.

As her friends needless to say we all wish our deepest hopes that she will recover. Her strength for living has always come from her friends and now she needs that strength more than ever. So by either prayer, good and warm thoughts, a projected Jedi healing trance... it doesn't matter, let's all send her our power now, more than ever. I will write again tomorrow after I go back tomorrow and know more. May the Force and the love and support of all of us be with Chanel.

Also another thing is that they do not allow flowers in the ICU. I assume it's due to biological pathogens or possible allegies to pollen. Regardless other things like teddy bears, any pictures would like to share, balloons, cards, and things like that are fine.

When Chanel came down to see the John Williams concert at the Hollywood Bowl at the end of August, she surprized me by giving me this pink and white fabric Lei she had made for me. I've been wearing that Lei daily, and I've decided to keep wearing it. Then when people see me wearing it and ask why I am wearing it, it gives me the opportunity to talk about Chanel and share with them what a great person she is.

Thanks for reading this.

Linda :(
  2. Ton_G Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll certainly keep her in my prayers.
  3. DARTH2-D2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ill keep her in my prayers
  4. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Lynora and I sat together and were looking at Chanel's website. We both looked at her many pictures and entries that she had made and it really made me think how life can change in an instant. We are so consumed with the everyday routine that we follow. As I look at the web pages of this very talented young lady I so badly wish that I knew her better and had spoken to her online. Chanel is a very talented charismatic young lady with a little one. She has her whole life ahead of her and in an instant everything changes. I sit here and ask myself how something like this can happen to a person like Chanel. I guess I will be asking myself that question alot in the coming days. As much as there may never be an answer to that question I am compelled to say to you all that it is so important to live your life to the fullest. Do not bare grudges towards other people. try and resolve your differences with people even if it means turning the other cheek even though you may be right. Try and be a decent person and treat people with dignity and respect. Life is way too short and no one knows what is going to happen tomorrow except the man upstairs. Keep love in your heart and always be greatful for the many blessings that we have in life. You are all my friends, my family and I cherish the time that I spend with you all. May we never grow complacent and always be willing to help those in need.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Chanel
  5. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Posted by Mara Jade Fan in the CR forum:

Date Posted: 10:27pm
    Subject: RE: Sad News About Padme_Skywalker: CR of San Francisco

Thank you everyone for your prayers and kind words. It is with great sadness I tell you that Chanel passed away this evening and is now at one with the Force. If you wish to post your condolences on the San Francisco fanforce forum, that would be appreciated. They are arranging for some sort of College fund for her daughter, so more information on that will be forthcoming.
  6. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I will never forget you Chanel.
  7. Sar-Tamber-lac Force Ghost

star 5
  8. DARTH2-D2 Jedi Master

star 4
  9. Jymm_Roquand Jedi Master

star 4
  10. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope her passing was not in pain, and that her daughter finds the proper love and care only her mother could provide. With silent tears streaming down my face, I pray for her young one, and for her mother who's life was cut to short. My thoughts are with her and her daughter.
  11. AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Master

star 4
  12. Cow_Girl Force Ghost

star 5
  13. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
  14. DarthBabe Force Ghost

star 7
  15. Stina-Cri Jedi Master

star 4
  16. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    To let everyone know...

The CRs are wearing the equivalent of a black armband for the next little while with a black border around our names.

There is also a trust fund being set up for her daughter.
  17. KitFist0 Force Ghost

star 4
  18. C-3PX Force Ghost

star 6
  19. Nyla Jedi Knight

star 2
  20. SarahSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    What an awful thing to happen to her poor daughter. I pray that she has someone to take her in and love her as much as possible. What a blow to lose a parent, especially her only parent.
    23...that's far too young. May she rest in peace.
  21. Rabellaka Jedi Master

star 4
  22. TIEPilot051999 Force Ghost

star 7
  23. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
  24. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
  25. fingthething Force Ghost

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.