main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Someone to Watch Over Me (JA thriller/romance - repost) *final post! 07/7*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jemmiah, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Obi...

Well I do hope the man gets his due! So he was setting her up for something! *Grrr!* Shoot him dead girl!
    hehehe ;) Great post!!

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    lGrrr... I hate to see how cowered Jemmiah has become because of the slime!! The filth does not deserve to live!

3. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Post co-written with Mouse

?How could she do this to me!? Obi-Wan yelled, which received some odd looks. ?I mean she?s the only woman I?ve ever wanted, and then she treats me like this! She thinks it?s better this way, well she?s wrong!?

Rela, who was seated across from him in the booth, stayed silent. She had seen this before in a previous life she had led. If they wanted to get over someone they would yell and curse until they were over that heartbreak. If not, and they wanted them back, then they would do something about it. Rela was hoping for Obi-Wan to finally do the latter.

?I asked her to marry me, for Force sake! Turned me down flat!? Obi-wan hiccuped. ?I?m not good enough for her, I guess. Just like I?m not good enough to be Qui-Gon?s Padawan.?

?Obi-Wan what are you talking about?? Rela asked in a disbelieving voice.

?Qui-Gon doesn?t want me as his padawan. I?ve just been living a lie all these years.?

?Obi-Wan, you know that?s not true. Qui-Gon loves you like a son.?

?No he doesn?t. The only reason he took me as his padawan was because I risked my life for him and he felt he owed me.?

Rela stared at her drunken friend in astonishment. She knew that this was going to be a long night. Her face was suddenly illuminated as she lit a cigarra and began to stare down her drunken friend.

?Obi-Wan Kenobi, don?t you dare think that for a second.? She hissed at him as a wisp of smoke wrapped around her. Rela pointed at Obi-Wan with her cigarra as she continued on her tangent. ?You?re a bigger fool than I thought if you do. I?ve known Qui-Gon all my life. When I was little he always had a smile for me, and I was always happy to see him, but I always felt as if he was hiding something. There was always the slightest bit of worry in his eyes. When I was nine or ten something happened to him and it broke his spirit. He would still smile, but it never reached his eyes. They were too filled with despair and ridicule. Now when I see him, he has changed again. You did that Obi-Wan. He has life in his eyes and when he looks at you they are filled with love and pride. If you don?t believe that you are the biggest mook that I have ever met! He has supported your decision even when he was totally against it. Now leave him out of it. This is between you and Jemmiah.? Rela spat out as she flicked ashes onto the floor.

Obi-Wan looked at Rela and gave her a lopsided grin.

?I thought you quit those??

?You can get drunk, I can?t. Give me at least one vice, and no snitching.?

?What am I supposed to do?? he asked with a hiccup.

?Let her know what you feel in your heart.? Rela said gently.

?What about this Linus guy??

?He?s trouble. I think of Jemmy as a sister and if he does anything to her that I don?t like, I?ll kill him.?

?Rela!?

?What? I?ve killed better men then him. The galaxy will be better off with one less Linus Leaford to worry about.? She stated.

?I don?t think I should be hearing this.? Obi-Wan muttered in a worried voice.

"You know Qui-Gon was in here earlier looking for Linus. Is there something going on that nobody's told me?"

?No.? he answered quickly. ?But what do I do about him??

?I guess you?re going to have to kick that Jedi training in gear and be patient. Force willing Jemmy will come around and get rid of that piece of poodoo, and you be there when she does.?

?There you go again B-W being smart again.?

?Okay. Fine. I know everything, you happy.?

?No.? Obi-Wan whispered.

?Then stop talking and do something about it!? Rela told him bluntly.

"W-where have you been?" Jemmy managed to stammer.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Linus snapped at her. "I didn't think I'd need your permission to go out. What is this? Do I need a ticket of some kind? Do I have to clock in and out like it was some factory job?"

"I never said that." Jemmy swallowed.

The look in the man's eyes was just plain nasty, she noticed, and Jemmy took the precaution of putting the chair between herself and him. Thi

4. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Uh oh that isn't good. Linus is alive and Jemmy not answering the door. SUSPENSE!!! ;)

5. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Poor Obi-Wan, feeling so bad and unwanted. This is one of the most disturbing posts... and I fear so much for Jemmy.

6. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Obi-Wan took a final stab at the door buzzer and then having received no subsequent reply, lowered himself to the ground. His head felt as if it were under water, the power of coherent thought drifting from him just one grasp beyond reach. He HAD to get that door open.

He placed a shaking hand to his mouth and then to his disbelief was sick once more through his open fingers. A stray memory occurred of Simeon doing the exact same thing on their trip to the amusement park and how he and all the others had laughed at his discomfort. Obi-Wan vowed silently that the next time he saw Cates he would apologize for his behavior, if only he could open the door?

And as if the heavens had heard him, the door slid backwards.

"What's my door even done to you?" Jemmy asked in a shaky voice as she looked down on the unwell figure of the padawan. "More to the point, what's my floor ever done to deserve that mess?"

Obi-Wan stared back at her, face as white as chalk.

"Y-you're alright?" he managed to say. "He didn't hurt you?"

Jemmiah looked him over.

"You're drunk." She said finally.

"You didn't answer me." Obi-Wan didn't take his eyes from her.

"I told you I didn't want to see you again." Jemmy breathed.

"Well I wanted to see YOU!" he replied. "I felt that something was wrong?very wrong. I had to see for myself."

"I'm surprised you can feel anything in that state." The tone of her voice was low, warning him to take care of what he said, and yet momentarily Obi-Wan had felt a flicker of concern when she'd first opened the door and saw the state he was in?or had he imagined it?

"I was drinking with Rela."

"I hope you'll both be very happy. Now get off my doorstep."

"Aren't you going to let me in?" he turned pleading eyes to her. Jemmy swiftly looked away.

"Why should I?"

"Because I came here to help you!" the apprentice exploded, before placing a steadying hand to his head. "If you close the door on me I'll just sit here all night."

The stubbornness and defiance in his voice startled her once again. Jemmy didn't know what to do for the best. She'd told him to go away but he still came back - out of devotion or idiocy she still didn't know - and the idea of just leaving him to freeze all night on her step was not one that she could justify when he'd gone to so much trouble on her behalf.

//I didn't ask for his help!// she thought angrily. //But he still turned up?how dare he put me in this position! Now what do I do?//

Qui-Gon wouldn't be too pleased were he to find out she'd turned him away into the pouring rain. She had no idea why it was still so important to her to obtain his approval. Perhaps because she knew how much he didn't approve of the swoop racing she tried to make up for it in other ways.

But to let Obi-Wan into her home would surely send out the wrong signals. It would give him cause to hope and that would be cruel. Their life together was over and there was no turning back?

Was there?

"You'd better come in." she mumbled after a while, still refusing to look at him.

Obi-Wan experienced a mixture of relief and surprise as the words finally sunk in, watching as Jemmy's back turned and proceeded him through the doorway. He had felt certain she would refuse to let him in her flat after the debacle that morning. Scrambling awkwardly to his feet, Obi-Wan grabbed at the doorframe and pulled himself woozily after her.

"You're wet." Jemmy said flatly.

"It's been raining." Obi-Wan half shrugged, feeling every inch the pathetic creature he must surely look in her eyes. "Again."

"Don't drip on the carpet." Was her only comment as she shut the door behind him.

Obi-Wan felt slightly deflated after the initial euphoria had worn off. What must she think of him? He probably resembled at best a drowned vrelt clambering round her nice, clean, minimalist home and leaving it's muddy footprints all over the floor?

He looked down at the carpet and saw the wet boot-shaped prints sunk into the pile.

"You can clean that up before you le

7. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    First off a great big EWWWW for Obi-Wan's gifts left at the door. An Awwwwww, how Jemmiah still wants so badly to be able to please Qui-Gon and lastly.... can't think of how smirks and giggles would be for Obi-Wan in Jem's bathrobe!! LOL!!

8. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yippee! He's gone! Well... not really I bet! He'll be sticking his nose in things again... he obviously wants her for something... whether it's slavery or something totally differ.

Great post!!

9. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Post co-written with Mouse :)

Rela slicked her rain soaked curls back as she watched the air taxi move out of sight.

?Say hello to Jem for me.? She sighed.

Rela figured that she couldn?t get any wetter so she began to walk home. Her thoughts began to consume her and somehow she found herself chewing on a stray wet curl. She didn?t want to admit it, but Rela knew that tomorrow would be life changing. Not only was the biggest swoop race of the year tomorrow, but also Emma? What do you say to someone when a tragedy like that happens? Rela knew they both hated to talk about her, but neither did they want her to be forgotten. Getting Obi-Wan drunk might not have been the smartest of things to do. Take her for instance, the perfect example of a good idea gone wrong. Than again Obi-Wan as been on the short end of the stick when it came to being happy lately.

Rela sighed again as she wiped the rain off her face and continued on her way home. The closer she got to her apartment the more she noticed that the streets were nearly empty. Only the foolhardy would be out on a night like this. Might as well place her in that category too. Suddenly the hair on the back of her neck began to rise and a familiar shiver ran up her spine. Rela realized that she wasn?t the only foolhardy person out to night and whoever it was, was behind her. Instilled training began to kick in as she fought against the sound of the falling rain to listen. Rela could see her building looming in front of her as she heard the footsteps behind her.

<Stay calm Rel. Don?t let whoever it is on to the fact that you know that they?re there. Once they realize you know, that?s when they make their move.>

Rela continued her steady pace, but was ready to sprint the moment something changed.

<Those footsteps seem off. Almost strained. As if? as if whoever it is, is having a problem walking.>

She was nearly to the door when Rela ran smack into a large object and ended up on the ground.

?Oops! Sorry abouts that Rel.? it said as it held out a hand to help her up.

?No problem Brak. I just want to get home.? She told him relieved.

Rela couldn?t help but look back into the darkness, but nothing, or more accurately no one, could be seen.

?What are youse doing out this late??

?I was out with a friend. He just needed someone to talk to.?

?Hey! Maybes we could??

?No Brak.? Rela interrupted.

?Just a thought.?

?I need to go now Brak. I?ve got to see Mrs. K about something important.?

Rela didn?t wait around to hear him answer as she quickly got into the lift. Once the doors closed, Rela allowed herself to relax as she forced herself to calm down.

<Please Mrs. K. I hope you found something on this guy.>

The doors to the lift opened all too soon in Rela?s opinion. She took a swift look around and made her way to her neighbor?s door.

?Mrs. K it?s me!? Rela called out as she knocked.

?Rela dear!? the woman said as she opened the door. ?I was hoping you would come over.?

?You comm'ed me Mrs. K. I consider that an emergency, so what is it? Did you find anything??

?Actually I found nothing. Here?s a towel, you?re dripping all over my floor.?

Rela took the towel and stared at the older woman. A rustling from the sofa caused Rela to turn her head.

?Is this your doing?? she pointed at the small rodent making the noise.

?Squeak!?

Both Rela and Tuffy turned their heads towards Mrs. Krabople.

?What do you mean you found nothing?!?

?I found nothing, but this is a good thing.?

?A good thing? How can this be a good thing??

?Because Rela when I say I found nothing, that?s exactly what I mean. There is nothing to be found on Linus Leaford. Actually there is no Linus Leaford to find out anything on!?

Rela continued to stare at her neighbor for a moment, and then walked over and sat down on the sofa. Narrowly missing Tube Rat.

?He doesn?t exist? Force, I should have seen this coming. I must be getting slack. You found nothing, not even anything concerning tha

10. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh sweet of her to sit by him while he upchucks! *snrk* serves him right getting drunk! hehehe

Uh oh Linus checking out Rela? Ummm not good.

Great post!

11. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Scary scary with the description of Rela being followed home. Even I was pleased to see Brak meet her at the door. Oh yes, finding nothing tells all sorts of ominous things. That silly Tube is so cute. The big race is the next day and Jemmiah stuck up late listening to Obi-Wan heaving his guts... poor girl.

12. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Obi-Wan had eventually managed to return to his makeshift bed on the sofa once he had convinced himself that there was no further danger to Jemmy's carpet or linen. She'd actually helped him through to the living area, and although she'd stopped short of tucking him in, the padawan couldn't help but smile at the improved state of his fortunes. Jemmy had suggested that he take her bed and she would sleep on the sofa instead but Obi-Wan, being ever the gentleman, had refused on the grounds that she needed a good night's sleep. The thought of the race had finally persuaded her back to her bedroom, leaving Obi-Wan alone with his thoughts?and an emergency bucket, just incase.

Of course his thoughts were not ones he should be thinking; thoughts of good times shared together, stolen moments during their initial courtship, happy days and not so happy days and above all hopes of reconciliation. He knew that was a foolish thing to wish for as Jemmy had made it clear there was no chance of them getting back together. Yet still he dreamed?

He wondered if she was in her room thinking about him.

Casting his force senses out towards her he could sense only disquiet and apprehension.

//Probably another nightmare// Obi-Wan thought grimly to himself. //But what do I do? I can't just go barging in there?//

It occurred to the padawan that she had got out of bed to see if he was all right and that perhaps he should repay the courtesy. Then again, there was a world of difference between comforting someone with their head over a fresher and sitting on their bed with only a silk night-gown covering their modesty. That didn't exactly give the right impression?

He could sense the tossing and turning continuing and felt his own frustration grow. She'd never trusted him with her dreams. She'd never even confided in the soul healers. How was he expected to help her when she wouldn't talk? Would it cost her so very much to explain? The one thing that he had learned down the years was that talking soothed a troubled mind, not made it worse. He was certain that he could be of help if only she would let him.

He raised himself into a sitting position and felt his sore, abused stomach muscles with a weary hand. Qui-Gon was just going to love this when he trailed back looking like a hobo. He would be extremely displeased if he was late for his medical too, but right now that was the least of his worries. Still in two minds whether or not to intrude on Jemmy's privacy, his feet had already forced himself to stand. Well, his brain might not be functioning properly but at least the rest of him seemed to be ok. Always in a crisis, Obi-Wan let himself be guided by his feet. He'd once said that to Qui-Gon and his master had laughed disparagingly, telling him that one-day his left foot would go one way and his right the other.

If nothing else he'd be able to do the splits.

Slowly he shuffled towards Jemmiah's room, not so much out of deference to his hangover but because he didn't know what he was going to do when he arrived outside Jemmy's door. Why weren't they taught about these things at the temple training lessons, he wondered bleakly? Why was there nothing on how to calm a hysterical sleeping woman whilst dealing with the after effects of too much alcohol?

He hovered uncertainly for a whole minute outside her room, not knowing what he was hopping to achieve now that he was actually here. He could hear the ceaseless thrashing in her bed from outside of the door and raised a hand to knock upon the wooden surface. Not that she would hear, but it made him feel much more comfortable knowing that he'd made his attentions clear from the start. And he could truthfully say that he had knocked.

There was a loud and sudden smash from inside and Obi-Wan decided to dispense with the morality of the argument and pushed the door open.

"Lights on, minimum." He said softly.

What he saw took him by surprise.

The fragile base to the ornamental lamp besides Jemmy's bed had been knocked off the table and onto the floor, pr

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Great post! :D Glad she allowed him to help her! Silly thing! Perhaps she'll realize that her circle isn't all that omnipotent ;)

14. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    The way Jemmiah sees things is so askew. It made me cry to read how she gathered the peices of the broken lamp, how she felt she jinxed Qui-Gon. Even more pain by the way Obi-Wan told her "Yes, I can. We'll both be around for a long time yet." :( :(

15. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Post co-written with Mouse :)

Some three hours later and Jemmy was awoken by the sound of a persistent buzzer noise somewhere in the background. It wasn't loud but it still screamed its urgency from the living area.

Beeeep-Beeeep-Beeeep-

Jemmy would have closed her eyes, save for the fact they hadn't opened in the first place and so instead she made do with a protesting groan and a hand pressed to her face to block out the light beginning to stream through the blinds. What time was it, anyway?

Beeeep-Beeeep-Beeeep-

"Ohhhhh, go awaaaaaaay!" she whimpered and tried to turn on her side away from the lighter part of the room. She gave the tiniest of sighs and snuggled into the warm and comfortable pillow beside her.

Beeeep-Beeeep-Beeeep-

"I don't know who that is," Jemmy mumbled still half asleep, "But I hate you."

Beeeep-Beeeeep-Beeeeep-

She decided to try and ignore the sound by blocking it out from her ears and reached for her pillow so that she could place it over her head. Tugging at it, Jemmy struggled to move the normally lightweight object as she felt something heavy weighing it down.

Beeeep-Beeeep-

"Awww, shut up!" Jemmy cursed. "Look, I'm awake now!"

"Good," said a dry voice beside her, "maybe now you'll stop yanking that pillow about so that I can continue with my own sleep."

The annoying beeping of the holo terminal was temporarily forgotten as Jemmy sat bolt upright in shock, grabbing at the sheets and futilely pulling them away from the large unidentifiable lump in the bed beside her. For a moment she forgot what had happened and thought that it was Linus lying there, but then it all came back flooding back to her.

Linus was gone. So that meant?

An amused face watched as the memories of the night before played out on her face.

"'Fraid so." Obi-Wan said gently. The corners of his mouth turned up slightly as he took in the astonished and somewhat fatigued eyes of Jemmiah, still trying to blink away the sleep.

"But we never?" insisted Jemmiah, completely stunned.

"Never what?"

"You know?we never?"

"Slept together?" Obi-Wan prompted.

"Yes." Jemmy mumbled. "I'm sure I would have remembered. Wouldn't I?" the slightest flicker of doubt began to show and caused Obi-Wan to chuckle.

"And what," continued Obi-Wan, his smirk growing all the time, "DO you remember?"

Jemmiah's amazement grew as he had the temerity to give her a good morning kiss on the side of her cheek.

"Well, you came round here?" she scrunched up her face as she tried to recollect, "and you were Sith drunk. Threw up on my hallway. Threw up in my bathroom."

"And then?" Obi-Wan chuckled.

"I called Master J and told him you'd be staying over." She said in distaste at the way she had apparently caved in.

"Ah ha! Now we are getting somewhere." Obi-Wan rolled away and put his hands confidently behind his head. "You wanted me to stay!"

"I did not!" Jemmy growled. "I said I supposed you were staying. That's hardly the same thing."

"Well," Obi-Wan winked at her, "If you didn't want me here, how come we've ended up sleeping in the same bed?"

Jemmy was asking herself the exact same question.

"You were drunk and incapable." Jemmy dismissed. "I think I was quite safe."

"Oh, I was drunk." Kenobi's eyes glittered. "But let me assure you that I was more than capable. Would have been to if you'd just said the word."

The Corellian took that in and raised herself on one elbow, staring at him.

"So what DID happen?" she asked. "And why can't I remember when YOU were the drunk one?"

"You really don't remember?" he asked.

"No."

"You sure?"

"I wouldn't be asking if I did! Now what happened?"

Obi-Wan paused, playing idly with this padawan braid.

"Are you certain that you want to know?"

"Yes!!!"

There was another, shorter pause.

"Nothing." He said finally. "You were right. I was too drunk and too tired. You were bruised and sore and had just had a nightmare."

"Oh, yes." Jemmy nodded. "I remember

16. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I can so relate to that horrible buzzing sound 5 out of 7 mornings... yuck! Plenty of time for you doesn't mean the same thing for me!" - another line I can understand. LOL! I love how Rela holds conversations with Tube Rat... it's just like my hubby and the piggies. Of course at least she really does get answered back! :D :D

Awww, Obi-Wan and Jemmiah just so belong together!

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yes! They do belong together! :D Great job!

18. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    If Obi-Wan and Jemmiah had experienced a disturbed night, if Rela had tossed and turned in fitful sleep then Qui-Gon likewise had similar claims to make. He'd lain awake for the majority of the night distractedly listening to the rain but not really paying very much attention to the bleak weather. His mind was elsewhere and there had been little chance of proper rest and relaxation, not when his padawan was sleeping round at Jemmiah's place.

Not when Jemmiah herself was due to take part in the biggest swoop race of her life to date.

Qui-Gon didn't like to show weakness. He didn't like to betray any fear or nerves that he may secretly be feeling but that did not mean he didn't experience those nagging worries and anxieties that other non-force sensitive beings experienced. People erroneously assumed that just because you were a jedi master and had an expression of studied gravitas ingrained upon your face, you never felt anything.

Wrong. VERY wrong.

He'd watched Jemmiah grow up over the past nine years from the unsure little Corellian waif to the self confident, beautiful young woman that had men following devotedly in her trail, his padawan included. At one point he'd even suspected something between her and Gethin Territ, and even more ridiculously with Dex?

Well, that last one HAD been pure paranoia on his part but it was an indication on how exactly Qui-Gon had come to feel about watching his girl grow up infront of his eyes. And now she was spreading her wings?

That was the nature of things and he knew it only too well. He had experienced that bittersweet feeling with his first padawan and would no doubt very soon experience it with Obi-Wan too when he had completed his trials. A tiny smile tugged at his mouth at the thought. Yes, it would be a proud moment for him when Obi-Wan became a knight but at the same time that small amount of sadness would inevitably be mixed in with the feelings of happiness and joy. It would be another closed chapter in his life. And then what would he do? Take another padawan?

Was he too old?

//I'm beginning to wonder if I AM getting old// Qui-Gon sighed to himself. //Having people like Obi-Wan and Jemmiah round me have helped to keep me young. What happens when I am alone? Jemmiah has her own life now and Obi-Wan will soon follow suit.//

He still had Leona, he reflected satisfactorily.

No, he wasn't exactly alone. He enjoyed being with Leona and he rather got the impression that she enjoyed being with him. Well, if the previous evening had been anything to judge by?

Blinking that somewhat happy memory away, Qui-Gon decided to get out of bed. He could be just as useless and self-indulgent in the kitchen as he was in his own bed. He threw his robe on and tied it at the side, remembering how once Jemmiah had contrived to stuff his belt in the door so when he moved away his whole gown had opened up, leaving not very much to the imagination. It wouldn't have been so bad except that Minty had been in their apartment at the time.

Minty was a woman of the world. She'd never so much as batted an eyelid.

"That reminds me; I have to buy some plums." She'd said in her low, dry voice.

Jemmiah had been washing dishes for weeks after that one.

A whole fifteen minutes and a quick shower later, Qui-Gon was still thinking about Jemmiah. He found it difficult to believe that in a matter of six hours she was going to be standing in the biggest spotlight of the swoop calendar. He wasn't really sure what he felt about it either. Three years ago there was nothing in the way of swoop facilities except for an old disused speeder track that had been converted to suit the purposes of the new breed of racers. If you'd wanted to race prior to that, just like Jemmiah had, you would have to wait until it got dark and take your chances out in the dingy alleyways and all the natural obstacles that particular challenge brought. Then suddenly, Valorum had announced that Coruscant was to pump more money into sport and leisure development, particularly in t

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh Qui mush!!! [face_love] woo-hoo! *snrk* Great job! Hehehehe he doesn't approve but will support her how sweet! :D

20. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    YA!!!! It's being reposted!! I never got to read this one, so it gives me a good chance!

And since no one else caught it a page back...

?Well someone?s got their panties in a twist tonight.?

?Oh please like you?ve had anything to do with my panties.? she replied with a hint of disgust.

10 Things I Hate About You. Excellent movie. :D

I'm loving it so far!! And AWWWWW for Obi/Jemmy mush, and Leona/Qui mush! Although I'm rooting to see some Rela/Frizzy mush, unless I'm in the completely wrong time frame... Okay, so I'm not sure what time frame this is in.... it's... what, 1 or 2 years after TLST, right? *Confused*

And darn you. Now I want to go buy a ferret. :p

Great as usual, ladies!! :D

21. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Okay, now I have to confess this has always been one of my fave posts.... not that anyone could possibly guess why. :D :D That whole bit about who Gethin was seeing... sassy ladies! Yay Qui mush!! LOL!

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    hehehe I got 2 ferrets ;) Aldric and Cocoa ;)

23. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    "Nervous?" Obi-Wan asked, his eyes straying over the somewhat pinched and pale face of Jemmiah.

"A little, maybe." She smiled tautly at him in return. "It's more excitement than actual nerves. I'm kinda looking forward to it."

The air taxi arced left-handed, streaking past numerous other vehicles at what Obi-Wan considered was an unnecessarily absurd speed. He found himself gripping convulsively at the armrests with prominent whitened knuckles, although Jemmiah didn't so much as bat an eyelid. Well, he supposed, when you spent a considerable amount of time on the back of a swoop there was little that would bother you.

"You look tired." He said in a concerned voice, trying to ignore the sudden lurch his stomach made as they moved violently to overtake another air taxi.

"I AM tired." She admitted. "I feel like I've gone to sleep with my head in a bucket of quick-drying permacrete. How about you?"

"Oh, I'm?I'm fine." Lied Obi-Wan. "Nothing wrong with me."

Jemmy's eyes lit up gleefully.

"So how come you never made yourself any breakfast, huh? You of all people turning down food?!?!"

"Look, I'm fine." Obi-Wan said defiantly.

"You're hung over." Jemmy sing-songed.

"I am not!"

"You are! I mean, when I see Obi-Wan Kenobi not stuffing his face with some form of food I know something is wrong." The smile widened slyly. "You could have had Nerf sausages with Takkini relish and little Chandrilian woodland perchals - fried of course - or Tooni Fowl omelettes garnished with thick brown Chorr sauce?"

"Jemmy?" Obi-Wan began to ward off her flow of words with a raised and waving hand.

"?Or Alderaani dough-bread drizzled with Corelli treacle, or giant Korrassi kippers, or thick wheat waffles covered in?"

"Jemmy!" Obi-Wan felt very ill.

"?Sugar syrup and those little breakfast mattaki cakes with the fruit in the middle, and just to round it all off a huge big papyri fruit stuffed with?"

"Jemmiah!!!"

"Something wrong?" Jemmy asked innocently as Obi-Wan felt increasingly unwell. "Admit it, you're hung over!"

"OK! OK! I'm hung over!" Obi-Wan confessed. "Now kindly stop torturing me!"

"But it's such fun!" Jemmy snickered.

"Is it?" Obi-Wan growled to himself.

From the depths of his memory the padawan could recall his master's words regarding the early stages of his tentative courtship of Jemmy.

//And this is the girl you've chosen to go out with? A professional torturer?//

How right his master had been. His emotions had been put through every form of agony ever known - and a few more besides - that only a Corellian could invent. She'd teased him, tormented him, reduced him to tears, made him laugh and warmed his heart like no other girl could. Oh, yes. Qui-Gon had been correct. It was the most exquisite torture he was ever likely to know.

"I've got some headache pills in here somewhere." Jemmy mumbled as she foraged around in her kit bag. "I'm not sure you should have any after the amount of alcohol you put away last night. Then again, most of it seemed to be decorating my doorstep and hallway so I doubt you've got too much to be concerned with. Here," she tossed him the little packet. "It might stop you from doing the broken teapot."

"The what?" Obi-Wan blinked through his pounding headache.

"You know, whenever we turn a corner or veer sharply in another direction you bend your arm and hold your hand against your head to stop your lid from coming off."

Obi-Wan managed to chortle at that description as he pictured it.

"Am I really that bad?" he asked.

"Worse." Jemmy smiled.

Suddenly the craft dropped downwards and Obi-Wan was certain his stomach leapt up to his throat.

"W-what's going on here?" he demanded, calming himself by degrees with the force. Again Jemmiah looked totally unruffled.

"Don't worry, pal. We're in no danger." The driver offered cheerfully.

"Tell that to my guts." Obi-Wan groaned.

"Hey, if you're going to up-chuck there's a little bag I keep for such emergencies just infront of your seat." The

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Surgical stockings... *snrk* and the all familiar cleavage view!! OMG!! LMAO!! hehehe that was juz funny. I am glad she is willing to talk eventually guess we'll have to wait a day or so like she says for that.

Good luck at the race girl! Ya gonna need it!

25. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Excellent post as usual, Jem! :D

And, thanks to you, I had my major blonde moment of the day just now... I began wondering how you and mouse could write so quickly and get it all up so fast... Then my memory kicked in and reminded me that it's a repost. :p

Woo, the funness of being a blonde. :p

Anyways, can't wait for more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.