Before - Legends Someone to Watch Over Me (JA thriller/romance - repost) *final post! 07/7*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jemmiah, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Your one of those that make dialog look so easy. Love how Jem and Obi share a bit of a moment.. tender, amusing and sad all in one.
  2. Jemmiah Jedi Master

star 5
    Linus wandered up to the seated part of the stadium and watched from his vantagepoint. This was going to be interesting.

He knew that he could take Jemmiah out with a snap of his fingers if he wished. Amongst a full stadium of spectators nobody would know where the strike had come from, but no. He had his orders, and the orders ruled out murder as an option. He had to bring her in alive.

He'd been watching her for so long that he really had began to get obsessed, he thought. If he hadn't then everything could have been sorted long before now. Why had he gotten involved so deeply? Now he was going to have to rely on his ultra slick tongue and an apology of epic proportions to get her to trust him again. Far easier to catch her off guard that way.

Her diary had made VERY entertaining reading. Now he could understand exactly why he wanted her back. Incriminating was not the word?

All he had to do was get close to her after the race. All he had to do was say sorry and she would melt like snow in his hands.

And then?

Obi-Wan walked Jemmiah over to the changing room and hung back hesitantly. This was where they went their separate ways, it seemed.

For the time being.

"Still a good long while 'til the off." Jemmy said lightly.

"You sure you're not nervous?" Obi-Wan laughed.

"If I am it's because you're making me so!" Jemmiah pulled out some credits from her pockets and placed them in the padawan's hands. "This ought to get you an air taxi back. I've got to get ready and make some final adjustments on my swoop. Should be plenty of time for you to get back to the temple for your medical."

"Thank you." Obi-Wan said out the corner of his mouth.

Jemmy started to walk back slowly.

"Better go." She squeezed his hand. "See you later."
    "I'll be watching." Obi-Wan smiled.

She turned and gave him a final wave before disappearing out of sight. Obi-Wan was once more left alone.

"Just like I always watch over you." He said.

Qui-Gon stood on the landing pad and waited for his transport to collect him, the smallest trace of a frown casting a shadow on his brow. It was a terrible thing to admit to but he was feeling extremely anxious on Jemmiah's behalf and most worryingly it had little to do with the race itself. He knew that despite his acquiescence to Leona and his wanting to do the right thing he would be hard pressed to make himself watch the swoops as they tore round for circuit upon circuit. Infact he knew he could not.

//Ridiculous.// he chided himself, pulling out the comlink from his pocket. //Someone of my advanced years getting worked up over a swoop race just because someone I know is taking part in it.// He slowly brought the com up to his mouth. //But it's not just someone. It's Jemmiah.//

Well, he'd made his decision, or at least Leona had helped to make it for him. Whether he watched or not he was going to be there. And so was someone else.

"Obi-Wan?" Qui-Gon spoke into the com as his padawan answered the call with an acknowledging grunt. "That is you, I take it?"

"I'm sorry, master." Obi-Wan replied. "I was trying to swallow a headache pill."

"Ah, yes. The hangover." Qui-Gon's voice became clipped and business like. "I hope it won't impair your medical, because if it were to?"

"Well, I'm not feeling too bright I have to confess." Obi-Wan admitted uncomfortably.

"?I suggest that we postpone it until you are fit, bouncing with vitality and grinning cheerfully at the healers." Qui-Gon finished.

"When have I EVER grinned cheerfully at the healers?hang on!" the padawan's brain finally made sense of his master's statement. "Did you say postpone my medical?"

"You sound surprised." Jinn sounded faintly amused. "Do you really imagine that I wanted you to turn up there reeking of alcohol and staring morosely at An-Paj with red, bloodshot eyes?"

"You can't see my bloodshot eyes from the large bags I've developed." He half-moaned. "Master, I'm sorry but I'm still fairly curdled."

Qui-Gon took
  3. Kynstar Jedi Knight

star 5
    Ahhh that was juz great! hehehe Padawan dormat *snrk*

Ohhh looks like Linus is about to get a face full! Woo-hoo! You go Qui!
  4. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Good old Papa Quiggy, saving the day...

Steering problems? *Winces* This isn't going to be pretty...
  5. Jemmiah Jedi Master

star 5
    Post co-written with Mouse :)

Jemmy knew she had to make a decision and she had to make it fast. To delay any longer would possibly incur a hefty fine and would not endear her to the betting public?but to get so near! To come all this way and get kicked in the teeth like this! It was downright heartbreaking. The nerves were gone now, the current crisis had brought out her fighting spirit, but this time Jemmiah knew that she had come up against one barrier to many.

She closed her eyes and took off her gloves, throwing them onto the ground. There was no choice.

Jemmiah decided to withdraw.

The swoop track was packed, and even Rela was doing her best to stay calm. She just finished laying down her bet, so she and Mus had started back to their seats. Jemmiah was racing today in the race of all races.

<All I can think of is that she better win. Especially after that bet I just put down.>

After being bumped and jostled around Rela and Mus finally made it to their seats. Now it was time for the waiting game, so the odd pair leaned back and began to lounge in their seats. What better way to check out the competition, then to make it look like you were half-asleep? Rela snuck a quick look at her chrono and noted that it was twenty minutes until the start. Time for Jemmiah to make her entrance. Rela sat up a bit looking for her friend, but she never came.

?Mus something?s wrong. Jemmy?s not out there yet.?

{Maybe she?s running late.} He supplied hopefully.

?Not Jemmy. It?s like a ritual with her.? Rela informed him as she started to chew on her lip. ?I?m going down there. Just to see if she needs any help. Hopefully I?ll be back by the start of the race.?

{I?ll be here.} He said with a lazy wave.

Ignoring all protocol, Rela made her way down to the track. She ran through the crowd of reporters and was surprised to see someone distinctly missing.

<This is the biggest Swoop race of the year. Where?s that snake Linus?>

With the absence Linus still on her mind, Rela was surprised when someone from security stopped her.

?Where do you think you?re going miss?? he asked a bit nastily.

Rela hated dealing with security. They always seemed to think that everyone else was against them. She just shook her head and reached for her identification.

?The name?s Ootan. I came to talk to one of the racers.? She told him with authority as she showed him her identification.

As the officer read it, his face became pale and he quickly let her through.

?Yes sergeant. I?m sorry for detaining you.? He apologized.

?I?m undercover you idiot.? She hissed. ?Now don?t talk to me again. Act as if you never saw me.?

He rapidly nodded his head and began to walk in the opposite direction.

?All to easy.? Rela snickered to herself. ?Now to find Jemmy.?

After a few moments of walking around, Rela quickly found her friend. By the look on the younger girl's face, Rela could tell something was seriously wrong.

?Jemmy!? She called out. ?What is going on? Why aren?t you out on the track yet??

?Rela? How did you get back here??

?Sergeant Meegan Ootan at your service. Shh! I?m undercover. Now what?s wrong??

?My swoop. The steering went out and I don?t have enough time to get it fixed before the race starts.? Jemmiah told her trying not to look upset. ?This is my one chance and now it?s gone because of some stupid mechanical problem.?

As Rela watched her upset friend she knew what she had to do. She didn?t really like it, but in her heart she knew it was the right thing to do. The only thing to do.

?Okay Jemmiah, how long do we have before the race does start?? she asked in an authoritative tone surprising her friend.

?Fifteen minutes, but I have to let them know at least five minutes before hand if I can?t race.?

?Give me ten minutes. I swear I?ll be back and you will win this race.?

?How Rela??

?Trust me!? she said and took off running.

The small redhead ran as fast as she could out of the arena, and frantically
  6. Kynstar Jedi Knight

star 5
    How sweet!! Shows you how much friendship can mean to another person!! Win girl, win!!

And Qui... when you find that bas.. *Ahem* 'man' (if you can call him that...) ream him good!! [face_devil]
  7. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    "One of these days you are actually going to do as I instruct you." He muttered. "Although I'll probably have died of shock!" -- Sadly the image that came to mind after reading this was the end of TPM when Obi-Wan tells Yoda he will train Anakin. :( OOOhh, another cool post!

8. Jemmiah Jedi Master

star 5

Obi-Wan held his breath and mentally crossed everything he could possibly cross. There was something strange and almost dream like about it all as if it weren't really happening. It could have been a scene from some old holo film.

He hoped it was one with a happy ending.

His heart began to pound against his ribs and no amount of force calming techniques would have worked upon him right now. He hoped Qui-Gon wasn't feeling as stressed as he was now. That sort of thing could be very bad in a man of his age.

< I heard that! >

< Sorry, master. > Obi-Wan began to think he might die from the tension if the race didn't start soon.

And then all of a sudden?

The sound of engines filled their ears as well as the roar of the crowd. Rela just started to get smaller in her seat.

{Race started.}

?I know!?

{She?s already ahead by two lengths.}

?She?ll win.?

{How do you know?}

?Because I knew Moloko and I know what he did to that swoop.?

{He loved it almost as much as he loved you.}

?Shut-up Mus. Where is she now??

{If you want to know so bad why don?t you watch?}

Qui-Gon never took his eyes from the screen, even though his senses were reaching out further beyond for any trace of Linus. It was amazing to think that he was watching the same little girl he'd brought home to Coruscant nine years ago, sick and mentally scarred. She was slowly trying to rebuild her life even if she couldn't let go of the past as she liked to pretend that she had. This was her, now, on the back of that swoop. He'd never really credited her skill before, probably because he'd never watched her race. Not once.

He didn't feel guilty, but he felt a little sorry that it had taken him so long to realize that she had grown up. It was so easy to think of her still as a child. Maybe it was time he started to treat her like an adult. And Obi-Wan, too.

//Go on!// Qui-Gon urged. //You can win this! Above everything else, do it for yourself!//

Obi-Wan had felt sick at the start but now he felt exhilarated. It was the most amazing experience? he watched Jemmy begin to pull out a slight advantage and started to call out to her.

So what if she couldn't hear him? Maybe she could, after all.

"GO ON JEMMY! GO ON!"

Against her better judgment Rela turned around and started to watch the race. She sat in silence as lap after lap was completed. She watched as Jemmiah pulled further and further ahead, until the last lap. Another swoop had started to creep up, and Jemmiah?s lead was getting shorter. Rela couldn?t help herself any longer and stood up on her chair and started yelling.

?FULL THROTTLE! FULL THROTTLE!?

Almost as if Jemmiah had heard her, she shot ahead in a burst of force and all by her self won the race. As soon as Jemmy crossed the finish line Rela jumped up with a laugh and hugged Mus around the neck.

{She won.}

All Jemmiah could think of when the race was over was that she couldn't really remember anything about it at all. It had just been so unreal?

She had to look down at her own hands clasped tightly round the swoop - Rela's swoop - to make sure that she was actually there, that she wasn't in the middle of some crazy dream. But no, she thought as she patted the swoop to feel the metal against her gloved fingers, it was happening.

And she had won.

It meant surprisingly little to her. She hadn't known what to expect even though she had imagined this moment again and again but this strange brain numbness was not something she had ever anticipated, and somewhere at the back of her mind Jemmiah wondered if she'd ever be able to feel anything ever again. She let the swoop coast back in towards the mechanics pit so that she could wait and return it to Rela. Sith, how much did she owe her now? To trust her with something so precious?

//Why can't I feel happy?// Jemmy wondered distantly. //My friends will be danci
  9. Kynstar Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yippee! She won! As if she wasn't going to! ;)

I do hope Obi & Qui comes down and talks with her! She doesn't even know that the 2 of them are there!

Great postie!! Loved the lil humor between Rela and Mus ;) totally great! :D
  10. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    WOOHOO! I forgot how fun this story was. Well, not the domestic abuse fun, but swoop races and half-naked Obis... HEEHEE!
  11. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Yay, she won!! And Quiggy, you better get down there like pronto!! :p
  12. Jemmiah Jedi Master

star 5
    Obi-Wan smiled to himself, fingering the locket that he'd taken back from Jemmy during their last fight. He knew it would be lucky?no, that was idiotic. There was no such thing as luck and he knew it. There was merely the will of the force, but even so he couldn't help thank the little trinket.

Just incase.

His first reaction on the race's conclusion was that she had come home safe, followed closely by the realization that she had won! In that split second he could almost feel his master's pride, Rela's happiness, Simeon and Leona rejoicing back at the temple with countless other jedi?

And Jemmiah herself just seemed exhausted.

He'd hoped that she would agree to escape back to the temple for the night, just so that she could get some peace. Then he thought about it and knew that she wouldn't get any peace there either. He was sure now that was all she was looking for: a place to hide. Perhaps his master would offer to put her up for the night. Maybe they would get to talk tomorrow after all?

He twisted the locket chain round his fingers, wondering if this success would change her at all. He didn't think it would go to her head (she was Corellian after all, they came with swollen heads to start with) but he rather hoped it would serve to help her regain some of the confidence she seemed to have lost after Merdan had tried to snatch her away. He'd seen tantalizing glimpses of the real Jemmy showing through the hurt mask this morning. Whatever happened he HAD to make her see that they were meant for each other.

Obi-Wan looked up at the image on the holoscreen as Jemmiah was whisked away towards some kind of presentation and felt his heart burst with pride. The beautiful young woman up there had been his girlfriend. Would be again, force willing.

But would Jemmiah will it so?

Qui-Gon looked on as his former ward was publicly lauded and feted by an adoring crowd of thousands, and ruefully realized that she was on the verge of becoming the latest pin-up for many a young man on Coruscant. Her relationship with the chancellor would only go some ways to enhancing her mystery and Qui-Gon had to admit that he wasn't terribly keen on the idea of her being thrust into this kind of superstardom over night. But if it was what she truly wanted who was he to say otherwise?

He admitted to feeling quite choked at the presentation, but always at the back of his mind was that presence?

As Jemmiah had made her way back to try and find Rela, Qui-Gon knew exactly where Leaford was. He wasn't waiting to find out what the man's intentions were, either.

//He's on the stairway// thought Qui-Gon. //Very clever. Block off her escape route so she has no choice but to talk to him.//

He could see Jemmiah walking towards the mechanic's bay again followed by a smaller entourage this time, mostly journalists looking for quotes. He cut in before she reached the stairway.

"Jemmiah." He called.

She whipped round like a blur. The astonishment was indelible upon her face.

"But?you're here!?" Jemmy managed to squeak in surprise. "How??"

"We thought you'd like the support." Qui-Gon smiled.

"We?"

"Obi-Wan is here also." He held his arms out to her and stifled her in a huge hug. "Well done. That was quite a race."

"Was it?" Jemmy looked up at him. "I don't remember it at all."

"I'm sure you'll be seeing the edited highlights for the next ten years." Jinn smiled back, aware that Leaford was still hovering on the stairway.

Jemmiah sighed tiredly.

"I want to get out of here."

"Then you can come back with us." Qui-Gon replied. He caught sight of the uncertainty on her face. "Don't worry about Obi-Wan. I'll see he doesn't disturb you at all. You can have your old room for tonight and if you don't want to see anyone you don't have to."
    "Thanks." Jemmy squeezed him back, looking bemusedly at the press who were still trying to follow her round.

"Ms Gleshan, can you tell us how long you've been riding swoops?"

"Jemmiah, give us a smile would you?"

"Get
  13. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Awwwwwwwwwwww... Poor, very overprotective, sweet Obi-Wan.
  14. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Aww... I love Quiggy... He's so great. :)

And OOH... I get it now. :D
  15. Kynstar Jedi Knight

star 5
    How sweet!! Letting her sleep on him! ;) I wouldn't doubt if Obi was a mite jealous! *snrk* Good ole Qui! Helping her sleep ;)

Glad they're still worried about Linus, not good if they'd juz write him off.

Great postie!
  16. Jemmiah Jedi Master

star 5

There was a large reception waiting for the arrival of the new swoop champion of Coruscant on the landing pad by the temple. Qui-Gon had no idea what had made him inform Dex that he was bringing Jemmiah back with him but he had known the minute he'd told his Corellian friend over the comlink that it would be around the temple within minutes, and what's more he was right?

"Hey, let's give a huge big welcome for Jemmiah!" shouted Simeon. "Hip-hip-!"

"Shut up, Simeon." Jay said good humoredly.

"Wonder how Qui's feeling about all this." Dex said out the corner of his mouth to Mace.

"Mixed, probably." Windu walked forward to meet the air taxi. "Nothing's ever straight forward with Qui-Gon."

Obi-Wan could clearly be seen handing over some credits to the cab driver in the front whilst Qui-Gon stooped slightly as he came backwards out of the transport.

"What's going on?" Dex wondered. "Is this some kind of dance he's invented? Surely he's not so old that he has to get out backwards!"

The welcome party began to huddle closer for a first glance of the winner and were somewhat stunned into silence when Qui-Gon could be seen carrying the sleeping figure of Jemmiah out of the cab.

"Hey, Qui!" Dex called. "Is she alright? What happened?"

Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow and walked a few paces behind his master.

"I'm afraid that not for the first time he overdid it." he grinned cheekily as Qui-Gon turned to rebuke him.

"I've worked out why padawans walk three paces behind their master! It's so that they can't hit them!"

"I need some more time." Linus whispered into his communicator. "Things did NOT go the way I expected. No, I do not need any back up. I can handle this?I've just been unlucky. I can make plans but that doesn't mean that the opposition are gonna play by my rules."

Leaford rubbed his hair dry with a towel as he listened to the low tones at the other end of the comlink. It hadn't been his day. It hadn't been his anything, come to think of it. The whole plan had been shot from beneath him and now he was having to make it up as he went, something he did not like to do. When you didn't have time to think, that was when mistakes crept in. Fatal ones, sometimes.

"Yes, she went back with the Jedi." Linus snapped. "She can't stay in there forever. From what I know about her she won't want to either. All I have to do is keep watch on her apartment and see when she comes and goes. I've got one or two contacts who are listening out for any useful information?I dunno. All information is useful." He glared into thin air. "She'll have to go back at some point. If she's on her own I can take her easily."

The glare became a scowl.

"Yes, the blaster burn on my butt is fine now. Don't worry, I'll sort her out."

"No," Qui-Gon faced the holo terminal and looked upon the wavering image of Kelik Mathers, "She is fine, I promise you. No doubt she will be able to tell you this herself when she awakens but for the time being she needs to rest. It's been an eventful day?"

"I know, I saw it." Kelik said dryly. "A good race, don't you think?"

Qui-Gon got the distinct feeling Jemmiah's uncle was trying to manoeuvre him into giving away his dislike of Jemmiah's occupation. He didn't feel any animosity at all towards the man, even though to start with he had tried damn hard to take the ten year old Corellian girl from him. Kelik was a reasonably straightforward person, but he was blunt and tended to say things as he saw them. He spoke his mind.

"I thought Jemmiah was marvellous." Qui-Gon agreed.

The man smiled, knowing that he'd been outwitted.

"As long as she's fine, that's what matters. I just wanted to make sure. We tried her place earlier but got no answer so we assumed that perhaps she was back with you at the temple."

"For the time being." Qui-Gon nodded. "She can stay or go as she wishes."

"Good." Mathers grinned. "I'll expect to hear from her later then."

He
  17. Kynstar Jedi Knight

star 5
    *Snrk* fan club starting up hehehehe that was great! Poor Qui... hehehehe

So Linus is up to no good still! Glad it's been founded out that he isn't a writer! Well at least from the place he said he was from!

Ahhh how sweet! She admitted still caring for him! As if the earlier eve/morn wasn't an indication! ;)

Great post!
  18. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Three posts behind??? Kriffnfrell!! Must play catch-up now.

Yay, she won!!! I really liked how well Rela knew her friend, enough to know when she'd want alone time and love how Qui-Gon finally found her... that alone left me smiling enough for my face to hurt. :D :D:

Aww, too bad Qui put her out, she missed the party in her honor! "I've worked out why padawans walk three paces behind their master! It's so that they can't hit them!" --- ROFLOL!! [face_laugh] So Jem finally admits she still cares??? Yippee!!!

19. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Augh, sweet post followed by evil cliffie. You're the best, Jem!
  20. Jemmiah Jedi Master

star 5

BEEP!

?What now??

BEEP!

?Never fails. Whenever I?m in the tub someone calls.?

Rela reached out and thumbed the holoterminal next to her.

?Hello?? she asked, slightly irate.

?How come I always get you whenever you?re taking a bath? At least you?re always covered in bubbles.?

?Must be the will of the Force.? She laughed. ?Now what did you want S-B??

?I talked to Jemmy last night.? He smiled.

?I knew you wou? Waitaminute! Talked? As in no yelling.?

?Yep. We sorta helped each other out. Although I don?t know if I should be really angry with you or thankful.?

?Why should you be angry??

?You got me drunk last night!? he hissed.

?Please Kenobi, sounds like a personal problem to me. If you have a drinking problem you have to admit it to yourself. I can?t do anything about it. The only one that can help you is you!?

Obi-Wan didn?t say anything, but just stared at her for a moment.

?What?? Rela finally asked.

?Your eyes.?

?Oh, I feel pretty. I?m in the tub and you notice my eyes.?

?Rel, they?re blue.?

?Oh! In that case thanks for telling me.

?You look familiar.?

?Yeah I look like Rela with blue eyes.? She teased.

?No, it someone else.? Obi-Wan corrected.

?When you figure it out let me know. Gotta run, relatively speaking! Bye!?

Rela switched off the connection and began to giggle.

?I always forget to take them out.? She said aloud and she slowly disappeared beneath the bubbles.

"What did you want to see me about?" Berlingside asked as he helped himself to a glass of Mace's best ale. "Why aren't you hovering attentively over your Jemmiah like a mother hen?"

"Because this particular mother hen has flown the roost." Qui-Gon sank back into Mace's chair thinking that it was his own comfortable seat back in his apartment. He was astonished to find it had absolutely no give in it whatsoever and was as hard as a permacrete brick.

"Ow!" he grumbled. "Why is it that this place reminds me of a torture chamber? It's no wonder the man has haemorrhoid problems. Allegedly. Not that Leona's said anything."

"Where is he, anyhow?" Dex drank down a sizeable amount of his ale, "Where's old Master Shiny?"

"DON'T let Windu hear you call him that!" Qui-Gon smirked. "He gets enough of that from Gilda as it is. He said he would be back later from an impromptu council meeting and that we could make ourselves at home." He struggled to get comfortable. "In as much as you can be at home sitting on furniture like this. Where did he get it? 'Torture by numbers' Ltd?"

"Oooh." Dex raised an eyebrow. "Don't want to hurt your back again, Qui. Not after last time, eh? Acupuncture is not as soothing as having a trained masseuse running her hands all over your problem areas. I should know."

"What problem areas have you got?" Jinn frowned.

Dex winked.

"Not telling." He grinned.

"You never change, do you?" Qui-Gon found himself half-smiling. "You've never grown up."

"Nope." Dex admitted, putting his feet up on Mace's decorative glass table. "Don't intend to either."

"It's all very easy to say, my friend." Qui-Gon lamented as he looked into his glass. "But I'm afraid the truth is somewhat different. Time is catching us up."

"Speak for yourself." Dex fluffed up his still blonde hair, although it was now shot through with some lighter color. "I'm still handsome."

Qui-Gon looked unsettled and shifted his gaze to the large hands that held his glass of ale. Hands that were ever so slightly lined.

"I used to think that it was wonderful that force willing, we all got a shot at being every age. Babies, teenage, youth, middle age, and old age. It seemed fair. But now?"

"Now that you are middle aged it no longer seems so fair." Dex finished. "Yeah, I know Qui."

"In two years time I am going to be sixty. Imagine that! Sixty! When we were initiates growing up I didn't for a moment imagine what things would be like when I was sixty."

"Well, yo
  21. Jemmiah Jedi Master

star 5
    And if I might just add my thanks to everyone who is reading and/or replying. *hugs* :) It means a lot.
  22. mouse2 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    You know I'm still reading Jem! Rereading this brings back to many funb memories! It's just that with a certain someone I have a hard time finding time to reply! :p
  23. Kynstar Jedi Knight

star 5
    Oh what memories does this bring up?
    "It's unbelievable." Qui-Gon shook his head in amazement. "Where did the time go? I swear I can close my eyes," he demonstrated, "and suddenly I'm back as an initiate. I'm learning how to use a sabre again. Or studying for my galactic history exams with old Master Samir. Or having those ghastly cookery lessons?"

Dex screwed up his handsome face.

"Urgh, don't remind me!" he groaned. "I shall carry the scars of dragon lady Wending's maltreatment for the rest of my days." He leaned forwards, scowling. "Does my right ear seem bigger than my left to you?"

"No." chuckled Qui-Gon.

I so enjoyed that story/flashback that was soooo funny to!! Don't give him anything to cut with and what do they do... *snrk* and Mace faints! hehehe

Poor Obi... and Jemmy too. Hopefully they'll work out their probs, love always finds a way.
  24. Jemmiah Jedi Master

star 5
    The progress that Obi-Wan had so hoped for lasted only as long as it took for Jemmiah to realize all her belongings were back at her own place. Her outfits, her accessories, her trusty plasti-bath duck. Everything a girl could need! Obi-Wan had watched as the Corellian had paced up and down like a caged Reek, increasingly unhappy that the sanctuary of the Jedi temple had almost become a place of encarceration.

"I need to go back to my apartment." Jemmiah declared after an hour or so had passed from the time of their last conversation, finally making up her mind to do something constructive rather than wearing a hole in Qui-Gon's floor.

"No!"

"Look, I have to go! I have to get some things! How am I s'posed to go to Rela's for a pyjama party when I have no pyjamas?!?"

"Improvise." Obi-Wan replied smartly.

"How?"

Obi-Wan was daydreaming again. He could see the possibilities in having no pyjamas.

"Hey, cut that out, mister!" Jemmiah slapped him playfully on the wrist. "Like it or not I am going back. My clothes are there. My make up's there. My EVERYTHING is there! And besides which I've already called an air taxi."

"But Jemmy, you'll be besieged! The moment you set foot outside the temple they'll be waiting on you."

"Then what am I supposed to do? I can't spend my life in here! I'll go stir crazy!"

"You used to like it here." Obi-Wan said quietly.

A day on from the historic race that was still the main source of conversation within the temple walls, the calls were still coming in, albeit a little less persistently. Most of the people who were trying to get in touch with Jemmy had wised up to the fact that for as long as she remained within the jedi compound their calls would not be returned. She had been effectively absorbed within the temple walls, which is exactly what both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had hoped for. Evidently, Jemmiah had not. She was already getting itchy feet just kicking her heels around.

//And to think when she first arrived we had a devil of a task to get her to set foot outside// Obi-Wan thought to himself. //How things have changed//

"Can't you wait until Qui-Gon comes back from his talk with Master Yoda?" Obi-Wan pleaded.

"No." Jemmy shook her head obstinately.

"Why not?"

"Because he'll stop me from going!" Jemmy folded her arms. "Just like you're trying to."

"I just don't want you to find yourself swamped by well wishers and psychopaths." Obi-Wan replied. "You heard my master. Another week and there will be someone else in the limelight. Please wait."

He begged her with his eyes and Jemmiah almost heard herself gulp.

"I can't." she sighed. "Look, I'll come straight back. Now that we're speaking again I don't mind spending time with you and Master Jinn and my friends. It's nice to see old faces. But I really have to get my things."

"Then let me get them for you." Obi-Wan answered.

"You? Ben, you wouldn't have a clue what clothes to bring. You'd get lost in my wardrobe."

"True." He said disappointedly.

He looked up at her in hope.

"Let me accompany you then."

"Ben, you don't have to. I'm perfectly capable of heading into the city by myself. What can go wrong?"

"Everything." He replied stubbornly.

"I thought you told me you wanted to bathe? After all the time you spent in a smoke filled cantina getting molassed and reeking of alcohol and vomit?"

"Yes, yes." He hissed. "I'll have a bath."

"Good."

"After I've seen you safely to your apartment."

Jemmy frowned, listening to something in the background.

"What is it?" Obi-Wan turned to look over his shoulder.

"You've left the water running, I think." Jemmiah remarked caustically. "Master Jinn will love that."

"Sith!" Obi-Wan walked backwards in a hurry. "Look, I want you to promise me that you won't run away whilst I'm having a bath. OK?"

Jemmy shrugged.

"I mean it." Kenobi's voice became a low growl. "I know what you're like. Promise me."

"Fine! I promise you! Satisfied?" she asked as Obi-Wan ran to the fresher room to
  25. Kynstar Jedi Knight

star 5
    *Whew!* Glad Dex showed up! Yippee! That Linus feller needs to be apprehended! *snrk* loved how she snuck away from Obi! hehe
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.