main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Someone To Watch Over Me (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Nov 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Great post you two!

Poor Qui-Gon! He,he,he!

Obi, you idiot! She wanted to talk and you muffed it! Well, at least you gained some ground in the end. Awwwww!

Rela gal, what are you up to now?

2. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Jeez! So close and then NO!

3. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Wonderful post, both of you!!

I really, Really, REALLY am starting to dislike Linus. Okay, well, I started a while back, now I'm just gaining momentum. *grin*

Loved the bathtub scene as well.

Oh, my stars and garters...could I possibly have made a reply BEFORE Leona got here???

*hehehe*

4. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Excellent posts Jemmiah and Mouse2! Dex and Mace's reaction to when Qui-Gon was getting out of the car was great! *g*

5. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Terrific! Qui, Obi and Jem seem to be sorting each other out. It's about time! Yay! So, Rela has become an amateur PI, eh? This is going to be fun!

6. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Oh I do like coloured contact lenses! I could almost feel sorry for Linus, if Rela's on his case. /Almost/. Then again.... nah!

The price of fame, huh? Maybe Jemmy should get herself a secretary to field all those calls, before Qui-Gon blows a fuse. Preferably a wookie secretary. ;-)

7. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Obi may have blown it, but it was sorta in a good way. Tee-Hee!

Rela's got quite a few things up her sleeves! Now to just take care of Linus!

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    *content sigh*

Awesome ladies, just awesome.

I can't wait for Linus to make one of those fatal mistakes...he is so deserving of torture.

And good work on Rela's part in her undercover work and yes Obi, you should kick yourself for not accepting the cocoa.

And Gryph, you just got lucky! *grin*

9. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    "What did you want to see me about?" Berlingside asked as he helped himself to a glass of Mace's best ale. "Why aren't you hovering attentively over your Jemmiah like a mother hen?"
    "Because this particular mother hen has flown the roost." Qui-Gon sank back into Mace's chair thinking that it was his own comfortable seat back in his apartment. He was astonished to find it had absolutely no give in it whatsoever and was as hard as a permacrete brick.

"Ow!" he grumbled. "Why is it that this place reminds me of a torture chamber? It's no wonder the man has haemorrhoid problems. Allegedly. Not that Leona's said anything."
    "Where is he, anyhow?" Dex drank down a sizeable amount of his ale, "Where's old Master Shiny?"
    "DON'T let Windu hear you call him that!" Qui-Gon smirked. "He gets enough of that from Gilda as it is. He said he would be back later from an impromptu council meeting and that we could make ourselves at home." He struggled to get comfortable. "In as much as you can be at home sitting on furniture like this. Where did he get it? 'Torture by numbers' Ltd?"

"Oooh." Dex raised an eyebrow. "Don't want to hurt your back again, Qui. Not after last time, eh? Acupuncture is not as soothing as having a trained masseuse running her hands all over your problem areas. I should know."
    "What problem areas have you got?" Jinn frowned.

Dex winked.

"Not telling." He grinned.
    "You never change, do you?" Qui-Gon found himself half-smiling. "You've never grown up."
    "Nope." Dex admitted, putting his feet up on Mace's decorative glass table. "Don't intend to either."

"It's all very easy to say, my friend." Qui-Gon lamented as he looked into his glass. "But I'm afraid the truth is somewhat different. Time is catching us up."
    "Speak for yourself." Dex fluffed up his still blonde hair, although it was now shot through with some lighter color. "I'm still handsome."

Qui-Gon looked unsettled and shifted his gaze to the large hands that held his glass of ale. Hands that were ever so slightly lined.

"I used to think that it was wonderful that force willing, we all got a shot at being every age. Babies, teenage, youth, middle age, and old age. It seemed fair. But now?"
    "Now that you are middle aged it no longer seems so fair." Dex finished. "Yeah, I know Qui."
    "In two years time I am going to be sixty. Imagine that! Sixty! When we were initiates growing up I didn't for a moment imagine what things would be like when I was sixty."
    "Well, you don't." Dex stifled a slight hiccup. "Kids don't generally do that sort of thing."

"It's unbelievable." Qui-Gon shook his head in amazement. "Where did the time go? I swear I can close my eyes," he demonstrated, "and suddenly I'm back as an initiate. I'm learning how to use a sabre again. Or studying for my galactic history exams with old Master Samir. Or having those ghastly cookery lessons?"

Dex screwed up his handsome face.

"Urgh, don't remind me!" he groaned. "I shall carry the scars of dragon lady Wending's maltreatment for the rest of my days." He leaned forwards, scowling. "Does my right ear seem bigger than my left to you?"
    "No." chuckled Qui-Gon.
    "Still, it's not all bad. If I hadn't been thrown out the class I might never have got Quirida-Xac for a master."

Qui-Gon regarded his friend silently for a moment.

"You still miss him, don't you?" he asked quietly.
    "Yes." Dex smiled affectionately. "Still, he had a darn good life. Some of the things he got up to. You know," Berlingside recalled happily, "he was quite lucid in his last few weeks. He was forever recalling this or that, or talking about things I'd never heard of before. It was a joy to listen to him."
    "I'm sorry." Qui-Gon said.
    "Don't be. That's the nature of things, isn't it?" his eyes sparkled. "He told me one VERY interesting tale I didn't know of."
    "What?"
    "It was about you." Dex enjoyed watching the discomfort spread on Qui-Gon's face.
    "Me?" he asked. "How could it be about me?"

"It was about when you were a baby. I don't s'pose you remember it, do you? No, you wouldn't do." De

10. Jedi Kylenn

Jul 2, 1999
    Ben and Jemmy: UUURGH!!! Almost...but...not quite!

Jem, you and mouse have to be the ultimate Obi-torture queens!

Awesome post!

11. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    You guys are so wicked!!!!

Jemmy, you're not a jinx dear! Honest! If you've lived with Obi this long and he's only suffered from the usual stuff like shattered skulls and all, then you won't be hurting him by staying, you'll hurt him by leaving!!!!

12. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Aaaagh!! They're *almost* there but not *quite* and it's driving me bonkers!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, I can't wait to find out just what Rela has planned for them at this part of hers!

13. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    I agree! What's going to happen at this party? And Linus???

Excellent post!

14. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    I'd have to agree with Kylenn...to a point. Jem and Mouse are certainly the masters of Obi-EMOTIONAL-torture.

All other categories of Obi-torture still belong to Jane... *grin*

15. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Can you get degrees and diplomas in Obi torture?!?

That would be good :)

16. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I can't think of anything to say except a weak "excellent". I'm just waiting for the next post, and the next one, and the next...

17. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Someone ought to show Jemmy Obi's medical reports from BEFORE the time she arrived at the temple, bacause if anyone's a jinx I don't think it's her. ;-)

What I want to know is, though- just how long can this Obi-torture be kept up?

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Torture??? Yes!! But ain't it sweet!!!!

Now what is Qui up to with Dex???? Something bad regarding Linus??? I do hope so!

Again I repeat myself...excellent post!

19. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Am I the only one who sees trouble in Obi-Wan going to this party? Hopefully I'm wrong, but he normally finds SOME way to screw the situation.

20. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Tee-Hee!

Ain't we stinkers?

21. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Yes Mouse, I think we are!!!

22. Jedi Kylenn

Jul 2, 1999
    Stinkers, eh?

On behalf of all Obi-torture fans everywhere, I would like to present you with this:

*Hands mouse and Jemmy each a trophy - one of Obi-Wan's socks cast in bronze.*

:))

23. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Hey Mouse! We've been made honorary members of the Imperial Order of the Sock! Spielberg's knighthood has nothing on this!

*Jemmy bows and waves at the adoring crowds*

24. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Cool! Thanks!

I'll put it in my china cabinet along with my Star Wars Hallmark ornaments! :-D

25. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Ummm, were the washed first?!?!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.