main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Someone To Watch Over Me (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Nov 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Yea I thought too Simon was going to be Rela'a Ooooo-La-La but you did manage to throw me off a bit with Gethin. Now it will be interesting to see how Jemmy and Obi both react to Qui's news. Poor Spider as if one mushy cuddely couple wasn't enough now she has two. Take from someone who knows. I shared an appartment with 2 other women 25 years ago who were both engaged. But I did then and still think Love Is Grand!

2. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    OOOo yes! I'm so glad it was Simeon. And Obi and Jemmy are finally back together! :)

3. Jeedai

Jeedai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

That was a deliciously long and wonderful post!

4. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Hey Mouse, looks like we didn't fool anyone!

Yeah, Simeon and Rela are a cute couple.

5. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Well, looks like the Scots are awake, good morning Jemmiah. *grin*

6. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Hi Gryph! This particular Scot is awake but I doubt Calam has crawled out of her pit yet, eh sis? ;)

7. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

You're joking! I forgot to turn my alarm off, so it woke me at 6.30am...

Hope you're doing the extras for my website sis!

8. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    What? Rela and Simeon? How did this happen? What have I missed? And all this time I thought it was Healer Imkerson!

Excellent posts, especially the way Qui-Gon was dangling Linus over the lift shaft. He should have dropped him halfway and then caught him with the Force...or not. That revelation that it wasn't Merdan at all, but Levinstowe was quite a surprise! Poor Jemmiah, now she's got two people hunting her. I'm glad Qui-Gon got her diary back, though, and that Linus' confession has been recorded. Wow! And most of all, I'm glad that Jemmiah and Obi-Wan are back together again. The way Healer Leona decided not to look behind the curtain but to leave that for An-Paj--that was too funny.

Words fail me, but this story definitely deserved to win best JA!

9. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Thank you everyone! I have truly loved working on this!

I too like Rela and Simeon together! Tee-Hee! Just wait to see how they first get together!

Working on the next post! *snicker*

10. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    I can only echo what Mouse has said. I've so enjoyed writing this story and whilst I am sorry to see it end I am looking forward to TLST, where hopefully we'll be able to show a little backstory for most of the characters.

I'm also working on the final post :)

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm looking very forward to seeing how Simeon and Rela first get together!

12. Labria_uk

Labria_uk Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2000
    The last few posts have been brilliant, I'm glad Linus got what he deserves before he could disappear with Jemmiah and co.
    I can't wait for the epilogue to the story, and the ending to ANTAR.
    Just a little quesion, what is TLST ??

13. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Hi Labria!

TLST is a new story that will be starting soon (possibly the 15th of Feb) with most of our fave characters. It will be set about half a year after Lions and Tigers and Padawans, Oh My!

Hope you'll read it :)

14. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Around the 15th huh? Oh boy!

*takes a deep breath*

BTW, TLST is short for The Lion Sleeps Tonight.

15. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    I don't know what to say! Supurb! Qui-Gon only a sneeze away from the Dark Side- I love the way you've written his righteous anger! Jemmy and Obi back together, with a lot worked out between them at long last. BIG grin. Rela and Simeon, oh dear, Now why do I feel that that's major trouble waiting to happen? An-Paj is probably going to find his padawan learning a lot more than he bargained for!

Beautiful writing, Jemmiah and Mouse. Have a gold star. Several gold stars and a framed certificate to hang on the wall, even.

Guess I'll have to start writing that Levinstowe story now, won't I, Jem? ;-)

16. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Oh, goodie!

*Jemmy rubs hands at the thought of HaiGan's new story*

BTW, I lied. There will be a short post tonight and then one further post. Yesterday's was the penultimate penultimate post...

I know. Getting into the realms of Monty Python again :)

17. Labria_uk

Labria_uk Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2000
    Ahh I see, I will definately read it, but unfortunely the 15th of Febuary is the date I go on holiday (I'm going to Lanzerote), so I'll read it come the first of March when I get back, I'm sure it will be brilliant.

At the very least when I get back, their will probably be loads of updates for all the fics I'm reading at the moment here on the Fan Fic thread, that will be fun.

18. Jeedai

Jeedai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    I'm not sure if 2 more posts is a good idea. Just think of how much can go wrong ;-)

Or right :)

19. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

You LIED?!?!?!?! Surely not! My little sister doesn't... oh, yeah. Sorry, carry on the person who told me "I'll be doing a CCA post on Saturday, promise!"

20. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Only two more "Someone" posts?!

*Crosses fingers and toes hoping for an extended epilogue ANTAR-style*

:)))

(O.K., I'll sit down and keep quiet.)

:p

21. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Calam, I did NOT lie...I fibbed!

Obi-Wan sat bolt upright, eyes rounding as if an invisible hand had pinched his rear unexpectedly.

"Ben?" Jemmy asked in a tired voice. "What's wrong? Not An-Paj, is it?"
    "Worse, it's my master." Obi-Wan mumbled. "He's got back from wherever he was. I think maybe we should pull this back."
    "Ben, I'm too tired for that sort of thing." Jemmy yawned.
    "No, I meant the curtains?oh, never mind." Obi-Wan flicked his hand at the privacy screen and suddenly they slid back upon the rail. "Try and look exhausted."
    "We've not done anything." She replied, deadpan.

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes but grinned all the same. This was how it should be. Not the infirmary, he hated this place and the only thing worse than being a patient here was seeing Jemmiah or his master sick or hurt instead, but to be with Jemmy again. And at last Qui-Gon had given his blessing.

His master?the smile died in his lips. Had he and Master Berlingside caught up with Leaford? And if they had, what then?

"Here's trouble." Jemmy said under her breath as the tall figure of Qui-Gon Jinn could be seen making it's way from the other end of the room towards them. "Think the old Jemmiah magic is still there?"
    "What do you mean?" Obi-Wan frowned.
    "Watch and learn." Jemmiah whispered, winking at him.

Qui-Gon stopped monetarily at the foot of Rela's bed but he got no response from the sleeping girl other than the slightest of sighs. She was dreaming about something and judging by the smile on her face it probably had something to do with a certain apprentice healer. Ms Pippage was also trying to sleep; at least she turned on her side as he walked past and mumbled something about the uncomfortable bed covers. Having spent time in the infirmary himself he had a certain amount of sympathy.

He walked onwards past Spider's bed and to the one farthest away where his padawan sat holding Jemmiah's hand. The other one was in some sort of metal protective casing. She wasn't asleep but looked as if she really should have been.

"Obi-Wan." Jinn smiled, pulling round another chair. "Room for another?"
    "Master, where have you been?" Kenobi asked hesitantly. "Did you?"
    "I'll come to that in a moment." Qui-Gon shushed him. "How's the patient?"

Jemmiah opened one eye squintily at him.

"Hello." She said in a feeble voice.
    "How are you, Tangles?" Qui-Gon bent down to kiss her cheek.

She pulled a face.

"Please get that beard removed again." She groaned. "I feel like I've had my face sand papered."
    "I'll assume that there's nothing wrong with your sense of humor." Qui-Gon said dryly.
    "I'm OK. Just cold." She shivered slightly as Obi-Wan looked on at the spectacle, amused. She could still twist him round her little finger and it seemed she was really going to make the most of her situation, just as she'd intimated.

Qui-Gon looked at Obi-Wan.

"Didn't you fetch another blanket?" he asked in amazement.
    "I already fetched two." Obi-Wan replied.
    "And you're still cold?" Qui-Gon looked at Jemmiah in concern. "Maybe we should get An-Paj to look at you. It could be shock."
    "I'll be fine." Jemmy said through half opened eyes. "I wouldn't mind some water though."

Qui-Gon stood up.

"I'll go get you some." He replied before searching Leona out.

"Never fails." Jemmy smiled as she sent Qui-Gon off on his errand.
    "You are cruel." Obi-Wan said reprovingly. "He'd only been in the room half a minute and you've got him running after you."
    "Just wanted to see if I still had the old Jemmy touch. It seems that I have." She grinned. "Why aren't you running after me?"
    "Because I know what you're like." Obi-Wan remarked fondly.
    "You can be my love slave, then." Jemmy tittered.
    "That sounds much more my sort of thing." He replied playfully.

Qui-Gon returned with a glass of water and noticed as he held out the tumbler that she had to release Obi-Wan's hand in order to pick it up. So that's how things stood, was it?

"Do I take it that you two are back together?" he asked.
    "Er?yes, master." Obi-Wan no

22. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Hehehehehe... Jemmy hasn't lost her touch at all! And I can't believe Qui-Gon agreed to let Obi stay over! He's probably just realised it means Leona can spend more time at his place!

Fantastic post sis! You captured their emotions perfectly.

23. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    And that's a bad thing, Calam??? LOL!

Another fabulous post. I felt Qui's reluctance to squash her feeilng of safety with Linus caught. And the way every Force-sensitive being felt the spike of cold dread...

I loved that Qui-Gon agreed to Obi spending the night. Of course her place coul very well become the Padawan hangout, not giving them much time alone.t

And I'm with Kylenn in hoping for an extended epilogue here.

24. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    *jumps up and down happily, then reinjures her leg*

Ooops! Ah, but it was worth the pain! Man, Jemmy would flip if TPM happened to come true.

25. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    When I read this story it's almost with a feeling of regret that I remember that The Phantom Menace isn't far off. As much fun as I had at that movie, and as many times as I've seen it, I feel I know this Obi-Wan and this Qui-Gon on a much more personal level than I do with the ones in the movie. I forget that Qui-Gon does indeed die soon, at the hands of a Sith Lord...and it makes me kinda sad when I realize it. Ah, Jemmy and Mouse...you two are truly masters of the art. Wonderful posts one and all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.