Someone To Watch Over Me (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Nov 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee Force Ghost

star 5
    Oooh!!!! I have this marked so hopefully I can read it tomorrow if we have no school because of snow and ice!

Can someone give me the link to "At the Stroke of Midnight"?
  2. HaiGan Jedi Master

star 4
    You're still in excellent writing form, people, keep it up.

I've got sneaking suspicions about 'Jemmiah's place in the grand scheme of things', but nothing precise. I'd love to know where you pulled your hints and clues from, Leona. A little Jemmiah detection could be just the thing for these long winter nights. :)

3. Jemmiah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Always glad to have another reader :)

I think Calam posted a link to At The Stroke of Midnight towards the bottom of page one. I think it's there.

Happy reading! And Leona, if you want me to confirm or deny your suspicions re. Jemmy then feel free to pm me :) If you don't want to know for definite we will happily try to keep everyone guessing for as long as possible!
  4. mouse2 Jedi Master

star 4
    I know! TEE-HEE!

Uppers! Just in case someone missed it!
  5. Jedi Kylenn Jedi Master

star 4
    Wonderful post!

All this hush-hush and keep-the-readers-guessing leads me to believe Jemmiah and mouse are no less devious than Jemmy and Rela.

:)

I'm really enjoying watching this story unfold.

6. Jemmiah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    LOL! I can't speak for Mouse but I can be sneaky like Jemmiah when the occasion demands!

Just a short post for the moment.

"Can you lie along the bed?" Leona asked.
    "No...not really." Jemmy said in a hoarse whisper. "I'd rather not try."

Leona said nothing, merely indicating that Jemmiah should loosen her clothing to allow her to see whatever damage might be lurking underneath.

"Careful." Jemmy warned, closing her eyes and awaiting the inevitable cold fingers against her flesh.

They never came.

"Perhaps you'd like to tell me how you really did this." Leona broke the silence.
    "I told you?"
    "That you'd fallen? Yes you did. Now I'm asking for something a little more honest." Leona watched the girl' chagrined expression fade to one of reluctant acceptance.

"You knew." She growled.
    "Yes, I did. But I also knew you must have a reason for your falsehoods and so I said nothing. I would, however, like to be able to do my job properly and for that I am going to have to extract the truth from you."
    "I did fall." Jemmiah said in a small voice.

Leona coughed pointedly.

"I fell from my swoop." The eyes fell to the floor again. "Luckily, I never damaged anything too important."
    "I'll be the judge of that." Leona remarked.
    "A bit of tinkering will put everything to rights."
    "It could have been very serious!" Leona examined the now blackening bruises all over the girl's side.
    "Just a quick patch up job and nobody will be any the wiser there's been a mishap."
    "Wasn't there a course doctor or something on hand?"
    "What good would that do? They don't understand where everything goes when bits go flying off. Or how to reattach it."
    "Bits? How dangerous is this swoop racing?" Leona demanded.
    "Only twelve or so fatalities in a standard year. That's not bad."

The healer looked stunned.

"Anyhow, there's no cause for alarm. I admit the old body work doesn't look so hot at the moment but a quick touch up and a hard rub down with an oily rag will prove most beneficial."
    "What sort of things do you swoop riders get up to?" she said in a horrified tone of voice.
    "Eh?" Jemmy frowned.
    "I mean, I know that some sports stars have some strange ways of celebrating victories but that is downright perverted!"
    "Leona, what are you talking about?"
    "What are YOU talking about?" Leona asked carefully, hoping she'd got the wrong end of the stick.
    "My swoop of course! It got all scraped and it's going to need sorting before the weekend when I'm supposed to compete in the big race."

Leona sighed.

"Well, that's a relief." She said.
    "No it's not! I'll have to pay for the damage. I don't come into my inheritance until my twenty first birthday and I have virtually no money of my own. What I do get in the way of an allowance from my uncle just about covers the rent charge for my apartment." She sighed mockingly. "It's dreadful. I'm down to my last bottle of nail varnish."
    "I'm sorry to hear that." Leona placed a hand gently on the girl's side.
    "It's not like I'm asking much. I'm not after his money: I just want what's mine. It's my mother and father's money and estate that I'm talking about."
    "And what would you do with it?" The healer asked conversationally as she assessed the damage with the force.
    "Sell the estate for a start. Get rid of it. Should be worth a fair bit. My uncle's maintained it very well."
    "What else?"
    "I'm not sure. Anyway, it's pointless dreaming about it seeing as how it's a long way from ever becoming reality."

Leona straightened up.

"You must have been going at a fair speed." Leona looked her straight in the eye.
    "If you'll forgive the sarcasm, that is the whole point of swoop racing." Jemmy covered herself slowly again with her clothing. "What's the prognosis?"
    "You are very badly bruised, internally and externally. Fortunately, nothing seems to be torn or actively bleeding?" she smiled sadly at her. "We have to be careful on that score, as you'll appreciate."
    "Yeah." Jemmy looked away.
    "And so I'm going to offer you a choice."

Jemmiah knew she w
  7. mouse2 Jedi Master

star 4
    EW! The tank! Definately invented by a sadistic Jedi healer, or An-Paj! LOL!

I have a bad feeling of what's going to happen. Yes Jemmy, it can get worse.

BTW, yes I am diabolically sneaky. It's a gift! Where do you think I got the inspiration for Rela from? :-D

8. Uisceban Jedi Master

star 4
    Brillant writing! Another story for me to become hooked on.
  9. Jedi Kylenn Jedi Master

star 4
    I knew it!

*cracks a smile*

Poor Jemmy has to suffer through an old fashioned bacta dip. For some gonzo reason that scene reminded me of the time I had to give my cat a flea dip. And like Jemmy, he was NOT happy about it.

10. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Why do I fear by the time Jemmy comes out of the bacta there'll already be an audience waiting for her.

I hope Leona passes on the girl's right of privacy to An-Paj.

11. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post!! I'm looking forward to more, *hint* *g*
  12. Amidolee Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh, Jemmy, it can get A LOT worse!!

Hehe, Jemmy, I think it's getting REALLY creepy how our two stories are alike. Luckily, I haven't written too much in mine yet, so I can change things :)

This is great!
  13. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I like this. I like this a lot. Please post more soon!
  14. Jemmiah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This is a nice long joint effort from Mouse and myself. Mouse, I hope it's OK: I put your part and mine together :)

"So," Rela said airily, head held high and eyes to the front as she strolled alongside the silent Obi-Wan, "how are you?"

Obi-Wan's squirmed ever so slightly. It was a straightforward enough question and yet with Rela the simplest statements frequently had a double meaning. He waited edgily for her real motive to make itself known.

"Fine." Obi-Wan replied quietly.
    "That why you were staring down at your workstation with a vacant expression? I've seen more life in a down and out's vest!"
    "I had a headache." Obi-Wan said in a clipped voice.
    "Yeah? Well, we're going to the right place to see about that." Rela grinned at his discomfort.

She looked at him for a good long while. It left Obi-Wan feeling like a parasitic creature under a microscope.

"So, it was just the headache, was it?" she asked casually. "Not anything else?"
    "What do you mean?" the alarms started to sound once again in his mind.
    "Well," Rela shrugged, "I thought it might be something entirely. Like a broken heart?"
    "I do NOT have a broken heart." Obi-Wan snapped.
    "Certainly looked that way." The redhead sniffed. "You just won't admit it."
    "There's nothing wrong with me. I don't know what the matter is with everyone. Suddenly the only topic people want to discuss is Jemmiah." Kenobi glared back.

Rela winked at him.

"I never mentioned Jemmiah. You did. I just said it looked like you had a broken heart. But now that you have mentioned her?"
    "Stop right there." Obi-Wan planted himself in the middle of the corridor. "I told you not to say her name."
    "You said it first!"
    "That's not the point. I don't want to have this conversation so kindly desist in mentioning it."
    "Mentioning what?"
    "Jemmy's name!"
    "So it's Jemmy is it now?" Rela was warming to her task.
    "Just back off."
    "OK, OK! I won't mention her name."
    "Good." Obi-Wan replied stiffly.

Pause.

"So, you're still madly in love with the person whose name begins with a J and I'm not allowed to mention?"
    "Rela!" Obi-Wan was beginning to get angry, what was more he didn't care. "Why don't you learn to mind your own business for a change?"
    "Because if everything was left to you nothing would get done." Rela snapped.
    "Don't get any ideas? Jemmy and I are over. Finished. History."
    "You mentioned her name again." Rela crowed.

Obi-Wan's face became unnaturally thunderous. Rela caught the change and could have cursed him for his ingratitude. She was trying to help him! Why couldn't he see that?

"You are the most selfish Sith I have ever come across!" Rela hissed. "Yesterday I would have said it was your ex-girlfriend but guess what? You've just notched up the top rating. I am busting a gut to make you try and see some sense! It's obvious to anyone with half a brain cell that you are still besotted with her."
    "I am not!" Obi-Wan yelled.
    "You're also a poor liar. And if you're going to behave like this then it's probably just as well that she isn't seeing you anymore. Maybe she'll do better next time round."

Rela thought he couldn't have looked more stunned if someone had used a Nerf prodder and zapped him on the rear with the highest setting. She could see the thought beginning to sink in. Jemmiah with someone else. Jemmiah not with him. On someone else's' arm. Or even worse?

"I'm sorry if I shouted." Obi-Wan said finally, although he still wore something very much akin to a scowl.
    "That's better. You are an idiot. How on Coruscant do you expect to win her back if you act like this all the time?"
    "I don't want her back." Kenobi said stubbornly. "SHE left ME. I'm not the guilty party."
    "Will you quit trying to throw mud and point fingers? I don't care what you say. You are still in love with her."
    "You can think that if you want." Obi-Wan muttered. "It's a free galaxy."

Rela waited for him to start moving forwards a few paces again.

"She's still in love with you." She said simply.

The same incredulous look reapp
  15. Jedi Kylenn Jedi Master

star 4
    WOAH!!!

{eek.gif} {eek.gif} {eek.gif} {eek.gif} {eek.gif} {eek.gif} {eek.gif} {eek.gif} {eek.gif}

(O.K., Snowboard doesn't have emoticons, but that's the best I can do.)
  16. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    Oooh the plot thickens. Just who is this guy? *mysterious music* And wow, what a blow up between Obi and Jemmy! I think he really blew it, with that comment!
  17. Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Master

star 4
    Marvelous work by both Jemmiah and Mouse.

*sigh* I was just wondering, do you think Jemmy and Rela can dig themselves into any deeper trouble on a regular basis if they owned bulldozers?

Hmmm, now that I mention it, I have an idea for a Jemmiah-preferred weapon. But I won't say it here.

*Gryph involuntarily switches to personality 12 out of 347.*

"I know what it is, I know what it is!" Marmaduke, the piebald Spinach Lord cries in triumph.

*Gryph regains control of his mind*

Marmaduke, the piebald Spinach Lord dies in a horrific Caesar Salad tossing incident...crushed by leafy greeness.

Hmmm, where the heck did that come from?!?!
  18. Ejedir2 Jedi Master

star 4
    WOW! This is an amazing story you two! I'm looking forward to more!
  19. Jemmiah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes, I think Rela and Jemmy have cornered the market in digging themselves into large holes (bulldozers optional)! And they'll be alot more where that came from....
  20. Uisceban Jedi Master

star 4
    That was a brillant post.
  21. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I cringed at Obi's heated words.

Dang, why must we always allow our mouths to run off when we're angry.

Incredibly well done ladies...and so very sad.

Now I fear Rela's words of trouble are about to come back to haunt her big time.
  22. Amidolee Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, yes, Obi is in for it, but he regrets it, and Jemmy had her own fair share in the exchange. At least he would never hit her.
  23. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I just found this story (I don't know what took me so long!) and I must say, it's really awesome, Jemmiah and Mouse!!!! I hope you get some more up soon! :)
  24. Morpheus mercenary Jedi Knight

star 1
    this is REALLY REALLY good.
  25. HaiGan Jedi Master

star 4
    AAAAAAAGH! You've got me gnawing my nails off watching Obi and Jemmy fighting to stay apart! Then you add mysterious newcomers and Rela's paranoia (sorry, not paranoia, it's not paranoia if they really ARE out to get you...), and... just AAAAAAARGH! More! More! Pleeeeeeease!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.