Someone To Watch Over Me (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Nov 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Uppers!

Now I gotta get busy writing more. Hmmm? I wonder what will happen next? How deeper will Jemmy and Rela get?

*snicker*
  2. mouse2 Jedi Master

star 4
    I got busy writing more. Enjoy!

Spilled drinks. Knocked over tables. Vomit trails. It was always the same when she had to stay late to clean and close up. Rela sighed as she straightened another table and set the chairs on top. She hated doing the late night grunt work. It hadn?t been so bad when she had first started, but at the time she would have done anything just as long as she had a job. But now?urgh. Rela blew a stray curl out of her face as she started to mop the revolting floor.

{Hey, you almost done?} Mus shouted from the doorway.
    ?NO!? Rela yelled back frustrated. ?I?ll be awhile, go ahead on home.?
    {After what you told me this afternoon? I don?t think so!}
    ?Mus, I can take you and I can take care of myself. Go home!?
    {Hey! I was sick that day!} Mus protested. The wookiee seemed to be about to say something else, but Rela heard someone interrupt him.

Rela wrinkled her nose in disgust as she continued to mop. Sith, she hated this. Suddenly she heard Mus roar back at her.

{I?m heading home! You sure you?ll be okay?}
    ?Bye Mus! I?ll see you tomorrow!? she replied never answering his question thinking it stupid.

More tables and chairs were straightened and Rela continued her pursuit of ridding the floor of whatever vile things happened to be upon it. She was soon lost in self-directed shame at the fact that she had screwed up on getting her friends back to at least talking to each other. So lost in her own thoughts, Rela almost missed the footsteps coming inside.

?We?re closed.? She shouted angrily without looking up.

The footsteps came closer.

?I said we?re closed!? she shouted out.

The footsteps continued. Rela threw down the mop she was using and stormed towards the door.

?What part of closed don?t you under?? she paused once she saw who it was. ?Your Master let you come out this late?? she sneered.
    ?I screwed up Rel, and I?m sorry.?
    ?I?m not the one you need to be apologizing to Kenobi.? Rela shouted as she went back to mopping.

Obi-Wan sighed to himself. It had already been a long night and it looked like it was only going to get longer.

?At least let me do that for you.? He told her as a peace offering.

Rela quickly handed him the mop, happy to let someone else finish, and sat down to watch him.

?Why did I do that?? he asked her.
    ?Because you?re an idiot.?
    ?Thanks.? He said dryly.
    ?What do you want me to say S-B? That I really liked the way that after you just finished telling me you still care about her you insulted her? That was the perfect opportunity and you blew it. Ka-Boom! Right out of the sky!?
    ?Ouch.? Obi-Wan said with a wince.

Obi-Wan turned to look at Rela who was sitting quietly at a table and whose foot was now jiggling at full force. Why could she leave well enough alone? Why did she always have to get involved?

?Anyway I?m the one who should be angry. It?s your fault that I did that.?
    ?Oh, yeah! My fault. I am so sorry that I tried to get my two friends together to talk and they end up insulting each other.? She said cynically.
    ?Stop it!?
    ?Stop what??
    ?Turning things around to make it my fault.?
    ?Because it is your fault Kenobi!?

Obi-Wan stopped mopping and sighed again in defeat.

?Why Rel? Why do you care??
    ?You two are my best friends and because I like you two together. Yeah you fight, but you balance each other out. And when you aren?t fighting you?re cute together.?
    ?What like you and??
    ?Oh, shut-up. This isn?t about me it?s about you.? Rela quickly interrupted.

Rela got up and took the mop away from him as she began to put it away. As Obi-Wan waited for her to get back, he decided that she was right. He did like the way he and Jemmiah fit together, and he couldn?t stand the though of someone else being beside her. Rela soon came back and walked behind the bar, and Obi-Wan made himself comfortable on a stool.

?Help me.? He begged.
    ?I don?t know S-B. You screwed things up pretty bad.?
    ?Nothing that can?t be fixed, right??

Rela stared at him in
  3. Jemmiah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Awwwww! Poor Obi! I'm beginning to feel sorry for him now that he realizes what he's said.

And I love Rela's attempts and plans to get them back together at all costs. Her mind is ALWAYS turning!

Great post,Mouse!
  4. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Brilliant Mouse!!!

From the steps that kept coming closer in the cantina to the form that jumped out at the stairs your play on suspense is awesome!

Ok, that suspense is also driving me crazy with lines like >>?What like you and?? ?Oh, shut-up. This isn?t about me it?s about you.? Rela quickly interrupted.<<
    and
    >>Plus that boyfriend of yours would kill me if he knew I let you walk home this late by yourself<<

Brak at the end was hilarious too!!

5. Amidolee Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh, dear! Obi's just going to get into a bigger mess.

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
  6. Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent as usual Mouse, I loved the part with Brak at the end!! I think you're going to have a lot of fun developing Brak's character. :) :)
  7. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    That was so sweet but sad as well! I'm looking forward to more!!
  8. jedi_master_gimpy Force Ghost

star 4
    LOL!!! I was ROTFLMHO, Mouse!!! That was great!!!

"Him."

"You don't have to make up your mind now or anything."

heheh, that was great!!
  9. Jemmiah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It was quite late at night, infact Leona had almost completely lost track of the time. She was working a late shift that evening, her few moments of peace and solitude spent writing a chapter for her latest story. It had been going smoothly for some reason, perhaps too smoothly. The stories flowed, the dialogue flowed and the characters came alive without effort, making the transaction from her own thoughts to the holoterminal with no real problems at all. She thanked the force profusely that despite the long working hours her muse was feeling particularly benevolent.

She felt entirely satisfied.

The exultation faded somewhat as she cast out with the force, trying to locate the feeling of hurt and discomfort she had picked up on briefly whilst her mind had wandered. Discomfort wasn't unusual in an infirmary but this? seemed a different type of hurt entirely.

Well, she'd get no peace of mind if she didn't check for herself.

Leona saved her story with a heavy sigh. Everything had been going too well and without interruptions until now. It never did to tempt the force.

She followed the palpable trail of emotion out of the room where she was sitting and down into one of the connecting corridors that linked the wards in the infirmary. Further still she walked, nodding briefly to Gethin Territ as he did his rounds, avoiding the newly washed areas on the floor. She paused for a moment, closing her eyes in concentration, trying once more to locate the feeling of unhappiness and frowning when at first she could not do so. Had she imagined it?

There it was again.

This time Leona turned left and headed toward the main waiting room, the feeling of unhappiness getting stronger the closer she got to the doors. Even though the force seemed to give her some insight as to what the source of the misery was it was still a slight surprise to see it confirmed with her own eyes.

She closed the doors behind her and gazed sadly at the only figure in the waiting room.

"What are you doing here?" she asked gently. "I thought you'd gone home?"

Jemmiah shrugged with her unbruised arm.

"Didn't think anyone would mind." She mumbled.
    "But just sitting here in excess of half a day?" Leona walked over and sat down beside her. "That's not doing you any good, is it?"
    "I don't know. Tell the truth I don't much care."
    "Oh, dear." Leona said simply. "Sounds like you've got a bad case of the blues."
    "Is there a cure?" Jemmy asked, looking at her for the first time since she had come in.
    "For the bruising or the blues?"
    "I already know the cure for the bruising," Jemmiah grimaced distastefully. "I don't much care for it."

Leona regarded the girl for a moment, trying to sort out the many mixed emotions that assaulted her.

"I think the first thing you need to do is get the physical injuries seen to." Leona remarked. "You'll feel so much more able to cope with the world once you're well. It's easy to feel depressed when you're unwell."
    "Yeah, but the tank." Jemmiah shuddered.
    "You weren't the first person to go in the tank and sadly, you won't be the last. Doesn't make it easier, I know."
    "I'm just trying to avoid the inevitable." Jemmiah looked at her feet. "I knew as soon as I came off my swoop that I'd end up in that infernal contraption." She looked at Leona nervously. "You haven't told Qui-Gon, have you?"
    "I said I wouldn't, and I meant it." Leona stated, trying to reassure her.
    "Ben?Obi-Wan will tell him." Her face altered with suppressed anger. "I don't want Qui-Gon to know I hurt myself. I'll never hear the end of it. You know how much he disapproves of what I do."
    "He's frightened that you'll be really badly injured. And if I may say, he'd be a poor parent if he didn't worry." Leona added.

Jemmiah twiddled her thumbs for a moment.

"What about Evla? What do you think she'd have said?"
    "Well," Leona considered, "I think the first thing she'd have said was 'Jemmiah, get in that tank this instance' and leave the worrying and recrimination until later."

Jemmy smiled.

"I was thinking about Evl
  10. mouse2 Jedi Master

star 4
    That's it Jemmy. Talk to Rela and she'll talk you out of leaving!

And as for Obi-Wan, just you wait! Tee-Hee!
  11. HaiGan Jedi Master

star 4
    Noooo! No, Jemmy, don't do it!

Jemmiah and Mouse, I don't know how you manage to pack the tension into this. I really DON'T know how you've done it. You've got me perched on the edge of my seat willing Jemmy and Obi back together. More? Please? Somebody?
  12. Amidolee Force Ghost

star 5
    JEMMIAH, GET YOUR LITTLE TOOSH BACK OVER TO THE BOY!!!!!!!

13. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Couldn't help but picture myself saying those exact things to Jemmy.

Jemmiah, you have such wonderful insight into people and have the ability to 'feel' so very much for the characters.

I feel so bad for all around.
  14. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    Aww *sniff* that was really sad! I agree with Healer Leona, so true.

Looking forward to more.
  15. mouse2 Jedi Master

star 4
  16. Wraith Jedi Knight

star 1
    Gosh.

I'm beginning to see why Jemmy always gets so much posts on her Stories.

Can't wait to have more, but please Jemmy don't leave Obi alone. GET HIM!!!!
  17. Jemmiah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OK everyone, here's a nice long post that Mouse and myself wrote together. Hope you enjoy!

Obi-Wan wondered if he had walked the last few miles back to the temple with his eyes closed.

It was after two in the morning. He could have hailed an air cab; there was never a shortage of them, but he needed the cold, crisp Coruscant air to clear his head of all the terrible thoughts that assailed him with intolerable persistence.

What had he done?

His master would have despaired of him had he known of his fight with Jemmiah. Despaired of both of them, but him in particular. He was supposed to be a Jedi and Jedi were above such things. His anger, his wounded pride and his lack of forgiveness had hardly marked him out for greater things. As for Jemmiah, she was a deeply scarred individual whose upbringing still left its mark upon her behavior. She knew better but couldn't help herself. He had no such excuse.

His residual anger had burned itself out after his talk with Rela. He remembered the countless pranks and tricks he and Jemmy had played as children, recalling also the numerous occasions where they had defended each other through thick and thin. They had laughed and consoled, teased and fought. No matter what she did it was virtually impossible to stay mad at Jemmiah for any length of time. And that was the problem.

He knew he should be angry and hurt. He had wanted to hurt her in return to show her how it had felt but now all he could think of was the image of that frightened and skinny child with the wild eyes they had brought back to Coruscant with them all those years ago.

"What are you doing?" he had asked on the first night of their voyage home.
    "I?I don't sleep very good." She'd answered, pulling the bedding off the fold down bunk. "I thought I'd find somewhere else to rest tonight."
    "What do you mean?"

Jemmiah had glanced nervously round from side to side as if afraid that his master would overhear them.

"I get nightmares sometimes. Weird dreams. Quite loud. I don't want to wake anyone up."
    "But that's silly!" He'd protested. "It doesn't matter where you sleep, you'll still have nightmares."
    "I know. But at least I won't have disturbed anyone else." She'd looked at him anxiously. "You won't tell anyone, will you?"
    "Where are you going to go?" he'd asked, sounding incredulous.
    "I'll find somewhere." She pulled the pillow away from the bunk with her thin little arms. "I like being on my own?"

On her own. That's where she was again, retreating to lick the wounds he'd just inflicted just as she always did when feeling vulnerable or angry or hurt. Never discussing, never sharing any thoughts with anybody except for Rela. It made him jealous, he realised, that she'd talk to their friend long before she would turn to him. It was a big part of the reason that they had so many misunderstandings and arguments. If only they could communicate with each other more, how different things might be!

Obi-Wan stopped apportioning blame at Jemmiah's feet, knowing that he was just as bad as she was when it came to keeping secrets. There were many things he couldn't speak to her about. Things in his own past that he would rather forget?

Those nightmares of hers were semi-regular visitors, never seeming to lessen in their ability to cause pain. Jemmiah coped with them as best she could; she'd told him many times before that they would never leave her and so she was resolved to learn to live with them. The only thing he could do was to hold her until the shaking tremors left her and offer to talk about them is she wished.

She never did.

He desperately wanted to speak to Rela about things. What they talked about for a start. How much of her past had she shared with her friend and declined to share with him? He so wanted to demand that Rela tell him everything but knew that ultimately it would prove fruitless and foolhardy. Rela would never deliberately break a confidence. Whilst part of him was pleased that Jemmiah could trust someone other than her diary with her thoughts the
  18. Amidolee Force Ghost

star 5
    EVERYTHING can go wrong!

Still waiting for our two lovers to come to their senses! Although, Obi will probably nearly kill himself while getting her out of trouble again!
  19. Calamity Jinn Jedi Master

star 4

Hmmm, where to start...

My favourite bit was Obi out walking and thinking about Jemmy. Nice glimpses of the past, and I'm glad he's finally dealing with his emotions.

Tube rat steals the post though! Oh, and one question. Where was Qui-Gon away to at that time in the morning...?

More!

20. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Most excellent ladies!

Loved the little snapshots of Obi and Jemmmy's wedding.

And I hope Gurolias joins the Republic too...soon!

And Tube-Rat is a hoot!!
  21. imzadi Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! Excellent post! Obi-Wan thoughts and emotions were great!

And this *cough* 'reporter' guy! I'm looking forward to more!
  22. Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a bad feeling about this! *grin*

Great post Jemmiah and Mouse, the way you wrote Rela and Jemmy was excellent!

23. Jemmiah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Leona, yeah...Tube Rat should have a fan club or something!!! Hmmm, that gives me an idea.

Yoo-hoo, Calam....
  24. mouse2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you I am quite fond of Tube Rat myself!

"Squeak!"
  25. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tube Rat's last squeak sounded like an indignant "Don't leave me!" to me. I must admit, I'm growing fond of the little rodent, myself. I could see a starring role for him in a future post, chewing through the rope that holds Obi-Wan's hands together...

I don't think that Linus character sounds like a blanket of security, somehow. Trust your feelings, Rela, and don't introduce him to Jemmiah!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.