Someone To Watch Over Me (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Nov 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 4

Yep Rela, you certainly screwed it up BAD!!!

And I hate to mention it, but your last plan didn't quite work...

You know, I have a bad feeling about this...
  2. Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    C'mon Rela, you gotta keep trying. And getting Mrs. Krabople involved in a background check is just the thing she's suited for. *grin*

Looking forward to more!! :) :)
  3. imzadi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hmm, very interesting. That Linus guy is creepy. Excellent post, I'm eagerly awaiting more.
  4. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    An inspired post Mouse.

?Do or do not. There is no try.? Rela snickered--Awesome!!!

The interaction is absolutely superb! Go Mouse!!!

JediMasterAaron--I love to see another addict to the wonderful world created by Jemmiah and Mouse. And yes I agree with wanting to see Obi and Jemmy together! Maybe it won't be this thread but I'm hoping for a future story where they will.

5. HaiGan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Nobody needs profic when they've got Jemmiah and Mouse!

Add another vote to the 'get Jemmy and Obi back together' list, too.
  6. Jemmiah Jedi Master

star 5
    Jemmy sat down on the steps in the spectators arena and watched the swoops go by.

At the moment it was all she could do. Her swoop wasn't going to be fixed until tomorrow morning at the earliest and she couldn't really afford to pay for priority repair work. The mechanic had smiled at her in an oily way and said that he could pull a few strings and get her to jump the queue a few places, but Jemmiah politely told him that she wouldn't sleep with him if he were the most handsome man in the galaxy, and seeing he was Sith ugly he knew where he cold stick his ratchet.

Not the most prudent thing to say to the man who was in charge of insuring her safety.

Tomorrow couldn't come soon enough for Jemmiah. Watching the early morning swoop jockeys as they soared and raced around the circuit made her feel desperate to get back out there and take part instead of just sitting miserably from the sidelines with only her thoughts for company. Even they were of no comfort.
    Reluctantly she decided to share them with her journal rather than with herself, as she had done from the age of ten until the present day. Even when she was sick or hurt, Jemmiah always tried to make certain that something went into her diary.

One such peculiar entry made when aged twelve, written from a bed in the healers had read something like:

"Wanted to sleep all day but An-Paj told me I had visitors. Through one eye I observed Master Jinn dressed in a Wookie suit and Ben wearing a skirt and a blond platted wig. They started to ask me if I wanted anything to eat and I pointed to Ben and said 'how about him?' whereupon Master Jinn and An-Paj began to chase him round the ward with a meat cleaver.

It transpires that I have an allergic reaction to my medication and there were no meat cleavers and no wigs. This is a pity. I could just see Ben in a skirt."

Jemmy fished her journal from her shoulder bag and started to type furiously on the keypad.

Here we go again, diary.

I've been sitting here for the past two hours in the freezing cold, wondering what I have to do to get a break in this life. My swoop is still out of commission and the race is barely days away now. I was really buzzed about the race before now, you know, the sort of adrenaline rush that you get which sees you through to the end, spurring you on. I've been building up to this for months, if not years. It's my big chance to do something worthwhile for a change. My heart's beating like a Wookie tree drum at the very thought of standing down there and looking up at everyone in the stands. I was excited-scared before hand.

Now I'm just plain scared.

It's the not being able to practise that's got to me. I look down and see all the others clocking up mighty fast times, just thrilled to be able to step out on the course, and here's me stuck like a barnacle to the steps with no alternative but to watch and curse my ill fortune.

I've been dogged by bad luck for a long time now, I suppose it started when Ben and I first split up. That night when he told me he wanted another child and I replied that if that was the case he would have to find someone else to father it with. Talk about insensitive?of all the days he came out with that bombshell he picks the anniversary of the day I collapsed in the restaurant. Sometimes I still feel angry with him for it. And yet if I had known of all the pain that was going to result from the fallout of our argument I might well have tried to bite my lip and say nothing.

There's another anniversary coming up: Emma's birthday or at least it would have been Emma's birthday had she lived to see it. The same day as the big swoop race, would you believe? I'm sure Master Jinn would try to dissuade me from taking part incase my mind is not properly focussed but it will be, come the actual moment, believe me. All thoughts of Ben, Master Jinn, Rela, Linus and little Emma will be blanked from my mind. The only place for a swoop rider with cluttered thoughts is the cemetery?

I've lost two friends over the last four years in swoop accidents but not on
  7. mouse2 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oh Jemmy that was so sad! At least Jemmy realized that she still loves Ben! And yes I'm sure that one day he will understand!
  8. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Painfully sad, I agree.

Jemmy should listen to her intuition about Linus, I get the feeling he's bad news.
  9. Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 4

Sniff! Jemmy, listen to your heart, not your mind. Thinking is WAY over-rated sometimes!

Another beautiful post.
  10. Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Awww, that post definitely tugged on the ol' heart strings. *sniffle*

Okay everybody...GROUP HUG!!
  11. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I'll take you up on that hug Gryph!
  12. Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    As my arms can't stretch all the way to America, just imagine I'm there and include me.

In the meantime, I'll just sit back and comfort eat a cookie or two instead!

Oh, and I forgot to mention I loved the bit with An-Paj and Qui-Gon chasing Ben around with a meat cleaver!
  13. imzadi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Aww! That was incredibly sad, you wrote that really well. *sniff*
  14. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Ah, Calamity, have you forgotten the Force so quick. You don't even NEED arms for this hug.
  15. Jemmiah Jedi Master

star 5
    What about me? I don't have two midichlorians to run together! It's OK for all you Jedi types!
  16. Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 4
  17. mouse2 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey it doesn't matter!

Mental hugs all around!
  18. mouse2 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    AAHHHHHH! I have plot bunnies nibbling and I have to go to my in-laws until Saturday. :(

I will keep my handy dandy notebook with me at all times, so when the biting gets bad I can write it down!
  19. Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 4

Remember and take a BIG notebook Mouse!

20. Jane Jinn Jedi Knight

star 5
    Oh, that was sad. And that glint in Linus' eyes sounds like an abusive personality trying to get out. I don't trust him, and neither should Jemmiah. She really should flee back to the relative safety of the Temple and Master Jinn's arms. And forgive Obi-Wan and just accept that he is the way he is, and that you have to take a few bad things along with the good.
  21. Amidolee Jedi Master

star 5
    Grrr . . .

Hey . . . is it possible since I'm crippled that they can get back together? Just for me? I know I'm being selfish . . . but puhleeeeeeez???? *sniffle*

Nah, I like this Obi torture and I bet good old S-B will kick some Linus butt!
  22. Jemmiah Jedi Master

star 5
    Feet. Shuffling across the cobbled stones in the courtyard, the steps hesitant and nervous as if in fear of some hidden danger. Scared looks and little comforting hugs.

Above all else: fear.

Obi-Wan watched the drama unfurl.

"Master Jedi, I assume you can see this."

His Master had confirmed that they could and Obi-Wan felt his throat constrict painfully, knowing what was coming next?

"Everything that happens here is your fault. Yours and the girl's?"

Obi-Wan looked round, expecting to see Jemmy standing slightly behind his master. She wasn't there.

This was all wrong. It hadn't been like this.

The firing began, cutting down the women who had been herded like Nerfs into the courtyard and Obi-Wan could do nothing but watch as they were felled one by one, their lives taken from them in a cloud of deadly smoke and blaster fire. Obi-Wan tore his eyes away from the carnage and looked at his feet. His master called for Vernice Ashdal to turn off the screen whilst Jemmiah?

Jemmy wasn't there.

This isn't right, Obi-Wan's inner voice urged somewhere from amidst his meditative state. She should be here. She was here before?

He steeled himself to look back at the screen, not wishing to see the carnage. Not wanting to see the waste of human life spread across the stones for all to view. Not wanting to see Merdan's icy stare as he spoke to them.

Jemmy still wasn't there.

"I have another surprise for you, Jedi. You might want to see this."

Obi-Wan swallowed. This was NOT how it had been.

"Why don't you say goodbye to your Corellian rat?" Merdan smiled chillingly, pushing the ten-year-old girl out into the yard. "What, have you nothing to say? No comforting parting words? Nothing about the force?" Merdan's face contorted into something altogether darker.

This isn't real, Obi-Wan thought. Wake up. Do it now!

"See what use your force is to her now." He grimaced, trailing the blaster's barrel round her throat before bringing it to a halt at the side of her head.

"Time to join your friends, youngster." Merdan grinned.

Obi-Wan felt his heart leap into his throat. His words from the argument in the infirmary came back to taunt him.

"I don't know why we brought you back." He heard himself say.

//But I didn't mean it!// he thought desperately //It's not meant to be this way at all!//

Merdan released the trigger.

Even the realization that it wasn't real was no comfort to the padawan as he saw the little body added to the pile of corpses, red now staining the grey stonework now. Why had he said it?

"I don't know why we brought you back. I don't know why. I don't know why?"

His mind seemed to slide to another time entirely, much further on. Sitting waiting in a room for news, all the time fearing the worst. They'd been there for hours now: himself and his master, Evla, Rela and Spider who had accompanied Jemmy back as they'd carried her out of the restaurant on a repulsar stretcher.

She'd been in there for hours.

The child had died. An-Paj had told his master there had been no real chance of survival, and now all he could do was wait for news on Jemmy's condition.

This time when Leona came out he knew?

"I'm sorry," the healer had said eventually, trying to keep herself composed and neutral yet always struggling, "We did everything we could?"

This was wrong, too. He didn?t want to hear.

"But it wasn't enough. In the end we just weren't able to save her." She finished, not looking his master in the eye.

"This is wrong!" Obi-Wan found himself yelling. "Stop it! Stop it now!"

Leona looked surprised.

"But you said she was a waste of space. You said you didn't know why you brought her back." She replied.
    "I didn't mean it!" he shouted. "And it didn't happen like this!"
    "Surely you can't be upset." Qui-Gon replied with a shrug. "She was nothing but trouble."
    "That's not true!" Obi-Wan insisted.
    "That's what you said, padawan." The master answered truthfully. "Didn't you?"
    "But?"
    "She's better off dead. And so is the child. You didn't want that
  23. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Those horrid, horrid visions. Poor Obi to be plagued by such terrors.

Jemmy talks of Ben in her sleep huh? I hope Ben will be close by when Linus tries something bad!

Vivid, Jemmy...very vivid!
  24. imzadi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Great post! The dreams during Obi-Wan's meditation were excellently written. And this Linus guy is acting more suspicously each post. I'm looking forward to more!
  25. jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master

star 4
    That post was really creepy!!! Ugh!! Linus is really bugging me, he is obviously up to no good! Go find Jemmy, Obi-Wan! Before she gets herself into trouble!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.