main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Someone To Watch Over Me (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Nov 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Linus is definitely bad news. I agree that he's the abusive type.

2. Puff The Magic Dragon

Puff The Magic Dragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2000
    Jem, Mouse, I can't tell you how much I am enjoying this! I'm completely gripped! Please, PLEASE post more soon!

3. Uisceban

Uisceban Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2000
    Everytime I read a post on this I keep thinking of Shainia Twains song 'When' Sniff.

4. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow! That meditation-vision of Obi-Wan was really powerful! It's about time he came to his senses and went after Jemmiah! And as for Jemmiah, it'd be best all around if she'd just get on her swoop and mow down that Linus--accidentally of course.

5. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Stunning and very vivid, Jemmiah. Incredible post! It really showed how deeply they still affect each other.

Linus is really shaping up to be a real spook, isn't he?

//shudder

Also - add my arms to the group hug above - Jemmy's diary entry just broke my heart!!

6. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Wow Jemmy!

You had me on the edge of my seat. What a post to come back too.

7. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Linus- brrrr! This is definately another classic. I recognise the warning signs- I'm perched on the edge of the seat, with no fingernails left. Great work!

Onwards and upwards!

8. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    MORE! I demand MORE!!!

9. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Here ya go!

Rela squared her shoulders as she began to knock on the door.

?Who is it?? a muffled voice called out.
    ?Mrs. Krabople, it?s me, Rela. I need your help.?

The door was suddenly thrown open and Rela was greeted by a very happy looking woman.

?What is it that I can do for you dear?? she asked politely.
    ?I need you to help me find some background information on someone.?
    ?Rela why don?t you come inside. We shouldn?t be talking like this out in the hallway.?

Mrs. Krabople quickly ushered Rela inside. They made their way to the balcony where Mrs. K could keep her watch while they were talking. A comm unit scanner was spitting out random conversations that Rela recognized as being voices of some of her other neighbors.

?Now let?s start at the beginning. What are you up to??
    ?I screwed up. I?m trying to get my two best friends back together.? Rela started.
    ?And they would be??
    ?Jemmiah and Obi-Wan.?
    ?Who are they again??

Rela rolled her eyes before she answered.

?The sweet one and the naked one.? Rela told her in a frustrated voice.
    ?Okay, I remember now. All to well as you know. Now why do you want to get them back together? Didn?t they fight a lot??
    ?I know most beings don?t understand why they got together.? Rela sighed. ?But they love each other, they just won?t admit it. You can tell by the way they?re always asking about each other. I know that they fight, but when its over and they?re apart they?re miserable.?
    ?Sounds like you?ve thought about this quite a lot.?
    ?Yes ma?am I have. They are my friends and I want them to be happy. When they are together they?re happy.?

Mrs. Krabople smiled at the small redhead.

?I was going to help you anyway. I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting into. I love this type of stuff too much to say no. Now what did you want me to do??
    ?Find out as much as you can on a man named Linus Leaford. He introduced himself as a writer for a swoop holo-journal. That?s about all I know.?
    ?Why him? What?s he got to do with anything??
    ?He?s sorta taken a shine to Jem. He?s got total rebound written all over him. When he?s around something about the whole thing bothers me. Plus with all those girls being murdered??

A shiver found its way up Rela?s spine and she could help but shudder.

?Okay Rela, I?ll look into him, but under one condition. Let me meet and checkout your fella.?
    ?Okay.?
    ?Really??
    ?Mrs. K, if you can find something about Linus and it helps me get S-B and Jem back together, I?ll bring him over for dinner.?
    ?Well it will be nice to put a face with the voice.? Mrs. K said knowingly.
    ?Mrs. Krabople!? Rela shouted horrified.
    ?Let?s just say that the wall are thin.? She told Rela. ?Although not thin enough in my opinion.?

*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was being one of those nights and Rela was swamped. She had been fixing drinks left and right and it looked as if things were only going to get worse. She knew that Jemmy was coming by since it was so close to the race, and that meant that Linus wouldn?t be too far behind. Not only that but she had accidentally let it slip to Obi-Wan that Jemmy was coming by tonight. At least that was what Rela kept telling herself. Hopefully Obi-Wan would do the wise thing and not show up, but Rela seriously doubted it.

?Hello Rela.? A pleasant voice suddenly called out.
    ?Hey Linus.? She quickly called out as she rushed by to fix another drink.
    ?Stop and talk to me.? He insisted.
    ?I?m pretty busy Linus. Was it something important??
    ?Where?s Jemmiah?? he asked irritated.
    ?Considering the time, its even money that she?s at the track checking on her swoop.?
    ?Why would she be doing that?? he asked impatiently.

Rela paused a moment and stared at him.

?For a swoop writer, you sure don?t know a lot about swoops.? She told him teasingly.
    ?What the hell is that supposed to mean?? Linus snapped.
    ?Hey! I don?t care who you are or who you may be going out with, but nobody talks to me like that in my own bar.? Rela told him dangerously

10. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    I'm still laughing over Mrs.K's remark about the walls not being thin enough! Even Tube Rat is blushing :)

And I loved the bit at the end where Obi looked at his ex and everyone else melted away. Awwwwwww!

11. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Finally! A post! Yes, Obi, kick Littledick's ass! Of course, then Jemmy will have to get all pissy about that and be even more mad.

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh, I loved that post.

Mrs. K' is a delightful character, even if she's taken lessons from Hmiol, LOL!

And the way Rela treats Linus...I say go girl! I would be just the same.

Obi's reaction to seeing Jemmy was just heartbreaking...the boy's got it bad!

13. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Awwwww, I started off all happy, and laughing at Mrs Krabople's comments about the walls, and ended up wanting to give Obi a big hug! (Nothing new there, I know, but an even bigger hug than normal!)

You stick at it Obi! You did the right thing in leaving, and I think you're doing the right thing in keeping an eye on her. I wouldn't trust that Linus as far as Mus could hurl him!

Great post Mouse!

14. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    That Linus guy is bad news. I think Obi is wise to look out for her. And his reaction to Rela! What would Jemmy's reaction have been if she had heard that?! *g*

Excellent post! I can't wait to read what happens next!!

15. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Nice post, Mouse!! Now I know it's probably from some other story I haven't quite finished reading yet or I've just forgotten, but what do Obi and Rela's nicknames for each other stand for?

16. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    hehe 'Faster than you can say Not the Healers' lol
    That was funny. Poor Obi-Wan though.

17. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Thanks! I'm glad you all enjoyed it! :D

BTW, Gimpy S-B stands for Scrub Brush and B-W stands for Baby Wookiee. They call each other that in my last post of Promises Kept (Just a little shamless plug) which is up now.

18. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks, mouse!! I read "Promises Kept" at the *other* site but I didn't remember that reference.

Let's up this sucker!!

19. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    A rather monumental post Sis!! I could have sworn that I was up to date on this thread, but I must have gotten sidetracked by the 'moving bug' instead...I'm starting to hate that bug (grrrrr).

Anyway, excellent writing, and I love Ms. K!! :) :) :)

20. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    The thing I think I like most about this story so far is the wonderful characterisation, particularly in the dialogue- I can really picture the faces and expressions. Looking forward to the next part!

21. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    More, please!!!!!!!

22. mara03

mara03 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2000
    Can't wait for more of the story!

Oh, and to go back a couple of pages, I was sitting here, seeing if there were any updates on STWOM, and watching "While You Were Sleeping" on TV. All of a sudden, in the movie, comes the exact replica of this scene:

<><><><?That?s it Rel! It?s me or him!? Brak shouted at her.
    ?Him.? She immediately replied as she continued to the lift.
    ?You don?t have to answer right now.? He hastily amended. ?I?ll give you until tomorrow.? <><><>

LOL! Well done, mouse!

Jen

23. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    OK. This is a mega big post as you all waited so patiently for the next part. Mouse, thanks for your bit. I was really stuck and you kicked my brain into gear again!

Rela released the breath she had been holding for what seemed an immeasurably long time.

Obi-Wan had been true to his word and vacated the cantina but for a moment there Rela had been worried that he would throw all caution to the wind and barge in on Jemmy's private conversation with Linus. As well for him he had not, Rela thought to herself as she picked up an empty glass from the booth where they had been sitting, walking back towards the bar. Things could have turned out really nasty. After what Obi-Wan had said to Jemmy in the infirmary she didn't think that any discourse between the two would be polite. From what she had seen of Linus Rela didn't think he'd just sit back and do nothing either?

Jemmiah had seen Obi-Wan and the surprise on her face had been easy to read. Was she relieved he'd not spoken to her? Disappointed? Merely surprised that he should be here at all? Whatever the truth of the matter the moment had passed without any bloodshed and for that much Rela was extremely grateful.

She managed to give the couple at the bar a covert glance under her eyebrows.

Jemmiah looked clearly unsettled and not really listening to anything that Linus was saying. She was sitting there, playing with her half empty glass of Fire scorch, nodding from time to time in a distracted way and trying to give the impression that she was taking in his words whilst fidgeting, her mind elsewhere. And Rela knew where.

Success thought Rela!

Now if only she cold do something about it?

Linus was becoming increasingly annoyed by Jemmy's lack of attention and Rela felt herself getting very edgy on behalf of her friend. She'd seen men like Linus before. People who demanded to be the centre of attention and worshipped constantly so that their fragile egos could be boosted. Partly out of concern for her friend and partly because she wished to hear what was going on, Rela sidled nearer to the two of them. She could see his lips thin in irritation, saying something that made Jemmy look up quickly.

"What's the matter?" he asked with a frown. "Aren't my jokes funny anymore?"
    "Huh?" Jemmy looked blankly at him.
    "You weren't even listening, were you?" Linus let his dark brows collapse into a scowl that Rela didn't care for one little bit.
    "Sure I was." Jemmy said distractedly.
    "Then what was I saying?" he demanded.
    "You were saying?I dunno. I've forgotten."
    "That memorable, was it?"
    "Look Linus, I'm tired. My brain is on automatic shutdown. I've been trying to get my swoop ready all morning and now I could do with a rest."

Linus took that in, a smile edging onto his face. Not quite a leer but not far from it, Rela noticed.

"So, you want to go back to your apartment? Well, no objections there from me sweetheart."
    "Linus, I said that I wanted?"
    "Let me get another drink first. Then we'll go."
    "But Linus?" Jemmy was becoming exasperated.
    "Hellfire, you are keen!" Linus began to wrap his fingers in her hair and twist it round.

Jemmy shuddered.

"Please, don't do that." She mumbled, remembering how Rufus Merdan had once done the same. If Ben hadn't been there to stop him?

Linus stared for a moment and then emptied his glass.

"One more." He said with an arch of his left eyebrow. "And then I'll be able to remind you how much more exciting it is to be with me then astride a swoop."

Jemmy turned a vivid scarlet at his innuendo but said nothing. Rela watched it all discretely; feeling more and more alarmed. The old Jemmy would have upended her drink on that loser and finished him off with a swift knee in the groin. Somehow, for whatever reasons known to only herself, Jemmiah did neither.

What had caused this change in her Rela could only guess at and the red head vowed that if she ever got the chance to be alone with Rufus Merdan then he wouldn't live to regret it.

Linus wiped his mouth on the back of his hand

24. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    WOW!

Jemmy, I feel honored to have my tiny bit a part of that post!

All I can say is if Rela ever catches up with Linus in a darkened ally... Well, the only thing that comes to mind is, "Dead man walking!"

25. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Yowsers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.